• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible upgrade for Fairy Tail Characters...

SchutzenDunkelZiel1217

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Alright as much as I hate Fairy Tail. I said I would do this so here it is.

I would like to bring up the prospect of powerscaling Natsu from Jellal. And after that powerscale Gray and Erza from Natsu as they're usually portrayed as being either superior (Erza) or equal (Gray) to Natsu and possibly powerscale Gajeel (same reason as Gray) and Laxus (same reason as Erza) as well.

Before the Timeskip Natsu with Dragon Force was superior to Jellal. Now we don't know how powerful they exactly are right now but they shouldn't be that much of a difference in power.

Currently Natsu, Gray, Laxus, Gajeel and Erza are all rated as Town Level. And Jellal is rated as City Level (19 Mt).

Now the highest end for Town Level is 100,000 Tons of Tnt or 100 Kt of Tnt. And Jellal is currently 19Mt or 19000 Kt.

Now Jellal may be far more powerful than Natsu but 190 times more powerful.... I simply don't see this...

I'd like to hear everyone's opinion about this....

Well, given the massive boost in power for Natsu after the two timeskips, I think that we should be able to scale him from Jellal at this point.

What about the others.

Laxus especially. He defeated Jura who was more or less fighting on par with Jellal....

It seems reasonable to upgrade them as well.

I do think that Natsu/Gajeel/Gray are stronger than Jellal was a year ago at this point, but I think we should wait for a legitimate point of comparison between them and pre-timeskip characters first, because at this point they've mostly been fighting new enemies who's only established relationship in terms of power is "strong, but weaker than the main characters".

Actually, Bluenote was shown as much stronger than Natsu before the timeskips, and is now shown as much weaker.

@Rib78: Do you actually believe that Jellal is 190 times stronger than Natsu, Gray, Laxus, Gajeel and Erza in terms of DC. I can get Jellal being stronger but 190 times stronger.... I don't think so....

Also at the very least Laxus should be upgraded because he managed to defeat Jura who could match Jellal.

In my opinion the upgrade is long over dude. The last time this was brought up. The only person who full on legit disagreed with this was me....

Antvasima said:
Actually, Bluenote was shown as much stronger than Natsu before the timeskips, and is now shown as much weaker.
Yeah, and I'm positive that he grew extremely powerful over the years too. Yet Natsu casually defeated him with no effort. Bluenote was someone who could fight against Gildarts almost evenly if I'm remembering the fight correctly. So if Natsu beat someone who was at Gildarts level in power at the very least, he can easily be scaled to Jellal in my opinion.

Bluenote is a good point, I had forgotten he'd beaten Bluenote. I have no problem with upgrading Natsu and co. to City Level. Although in saying that, it should still be noted that Bluenote was not Gildarts' level; Gildarts overpowered him from the very beginning, the only reason the fight lasted as long as it did was because Gildarts' magic was drained when the tree went down. Natsu and co. deserve the power-scaling because of the ease with which he dispatched Bluenote, not just because he beat him.

All right. Would you like to upgrade the relevant characters SDZ?

I don't really think anyone's gonna argue so yeah. If anyone does argue and give good points about this I'll revert my edits....

Well I'm gonna be laying off making anymore threads for while. I still have 4 or 5 which are pending. 1 for One Piece, 1 for Fairy Tail, 2 for Bleach and a possible one for Naruto.

But anyways is there a page for powerscaling like the one we had for FTL. If we do could you please give me a link as I can't seem to find it. I dislike getting into arguments with people who keep saying feats only. So I'd like to show them that page...

We are planning to make one for Marvel and DC, but othervise no I don't think so.

Back