• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Toriko upgrade

A piece of the NEO Demon was compared to a Giant Planet . Jirou needed to go all out, to defeat the piece of the NEO Demon, Setsuno said that the attack Jirou was going to use againt the piece of the NEO Demon would smash the earth. Hence the piece of the NEO Demon can be roughly scaled to Jirou. Toriko was able to send a piece of the NEO Demon flying extremely high into the sky with a Fork. So should Toriko be upgraded to Large Planet Level?

Not unless more evidence is provided, because that comment could easily have been a hyperbole.

Well it looked like Jirou was struggling to stop it, when he easily stopped the rotation of the Toriko Earth, so I'd take what he said literally, although I'm not caught up so I don't know what context this was in.

I'd be okay with updating the profile(s) with a statement of possibility, AKA "at least Planet level". Anything more than that and we'd need something more than a mere simile made by a character. Metaphors and similies stated by characters are among the biggest offenders of hyperbole, after all (such as the ubiquitous "as strong as steel" or "weighs a ton").

Oh I'm more saying since Jirou struggled to stop it when he easily stopped the planet, it may have carried the force of a large planet rotating (which would still support what he said)

Back