• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toriko High 6-C Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread intends to upgrade a good amount of Pre-Timeskip characters to High 6-C+ using this accepted feat performed by Zebra during the Honey Prison Arc.

Currently characters that scaled to the 7-B value from the Regal Mammoth now scale to Zebras Sound Blast and those that are Low 6-B are 3x that value due to scaling to Toriko after he completed his food honoring training. I have put all the scaling in this sandbox and marked the affected characters with a "Revised" next to their names. If there are any fixes that need to be done please let me know.

All former 7-B+ Characters now scale to the High 6-C value (529.39 Gigatons)

All the former 7-A characters now scale to Low 6-B (1.58 Teratons) due to Torikos several times stronger statement after completing his food honoring training.

Not much of the justifications have changed only the tiers using the new accepted calc.

EDIT: Due to Zebra no longer being able to use his voice after performing this feat, it's been agreed upon to downscale him to baseline High 6-C (100 Gigatons)

All former 7-B+ Characters now scale to the High 6-C value (100 Gigatons)

All the former 7-A characters now scale to High 6-C (300 Gigatons) due to Torikos several times stronger statement after completing his food honoring training.

Last edited:
This thread intends to upgrade a good amount of Pre-Timeskip characters to High 6-C+ using this accepted feat performed by Zebra during the Honey Prison Arc.

Currently characters that scaled to the 7-B value from the Regal Mammoth now scale to Zebras Sound Blast and those that are Low 6-B are 3x that value due to scaling to Toriko after he completed his food honoring training. I have put all the scaling in this sandbox and marked the affected characters with a "Revised" next to their names. If there are any fixes that need to be done please let me know.

All former 7-B+ Characters now scale to the High 6-C+ value (529.39 Gigatons)

All the former 7-A characters now scale to Low 6-B (1.58 Teratons) due to Torikos several times stronger statement after completing his food honoring training.

Not much of the justifications have changed only the tiers using the new accepted calc.
Finally. Agree.

Finally, I... am neutral. Gimme a day to speed-reread some chapters. To check it out.

So, I won't say I'm against this, but after rereading the arc I've got some thoughts. I'll type them up here tomorrow morning.

Okay, so I'm not against the revisions as I said - in theory, everything checks out.

But I would be remiss if I didn't bring up a bit of context I noticed when checking it out.

To dispatch all the creatures outside the prison, Zebra performs a Thunder Noise and then a nameless attack (probably a Voice Missile) which kills all of the creatures, and knocks Zebra's voice out of commission.

From this explanation of when Zebra keeps up his sonar technique for five hours, we know that expending huge amounts of energy through his sound attacks puts strain on his voice.

By comparison when Zebra fights the Salamander Sphinx and Red Nitro in close succession to each other, he uses Thunder Noise, Voice Missile, Voice Cutter, Sound Wall, Machine Gun Voice, Single Stroke Voice Cutter, Sound Bazooka, another Sound Wall, another Voice Missile, Meteor Noise, a barrage of Voice Missiles, another Machine Gun Voice, yet another Voice Missile, three more Sound Walls and finally Death Noise.

All of this to say in a nutshell that Zebra's initial display of power, though highly impressive (and ignoring even ignoring the size aspect of it because of AoE, I know), that initial display seems like Zebra exerting himself to his limits to create as far-reaching an attack as possible and take out all of the enemies at once, whereas Zebra's normal display of combat is well below that as he didn't wear out his voice even by the end of that huge sequence of attacks up above.

While I think the calc is fine for showcasing the limits of Zebra's power (at the time), I think that downscaling from the calc for Zebra's normal AP should be considered as Zebra's normal AP in combat doesn't strain his voice as hard as that. That's just my two cents on it.

Okay, so I'm not against the revisions as I said - in theory, everything checks out.

But I would be remiss if I didn't bring up a bit of context I noticed when checking it out.

To dispatch all the creatures outside the prison, Zebra performs a Thunder Noise and then a nameless attack (probably a Voice Missile) which kills all of the creatures, and knocks Zebra's voice out of commission.

From this explanation of when Zebra keeps up his sonar technique for five hours, we know that expending huge amounts of energy through his sound attacks puts strain on his voice.

By comparison when Zebra fights the Salamander Sphinx and Red Nitro in close succession to each other, he uses Thunder Noise, Voice Missile, Voice Cutter, Sound Wall, Machine Gun Voice, Single Stroke Voice Cutter, Sound Bazooka, another Sound Wall, another Voice Missile, Meteor Noise, a barrage of Voice Missiles, another Machine Gun Voice, yet another Voice Missile, three more Sound Walls and finally Death Noise.

All of this to say in a nutshell that Zebra's initial display of power, though highly impressive (and ignoring even ignoring the size aspect of it because of AoE, I know), that initial display seems like Zebra exerting himself to his limits to create as far-reaching an attack as possible and take out all of the enemies at once, whereas Zebra's normal display of combat is well below that as he didn't wear out his voice even by the end of that huge sequence of attacks up above.

While I think the calc is fine for showcasing the limits of Zebra's power (at the time), I think that downscaling from the calc for Zebra's normal AP should be considered as Zebra's normal AP in combat doesn't strain his voice as hard as that. That's just my two cents on it.
I'll read through the chapters again before giving my final opinions but i'm currently in agreement with downscaling from the calc for Zebra's normal AP while using the calc'd value for Zebra's upper limits, seems pretty consistent given the evidence provided.

I'm not opposed to downscaling, though would we downscale them to the baseline of High 6-C+ or the baseline of the tier?

EDIT: Nevermind it seems they shouldn't even have the + since that starts at 550 Gigs.

Last edited:
I'm not opposed to downscaling, though would we downscale them to the baseline of High 6-C+ or the baseline of the tier?

EDIT: Nevermind it seems they shouldn't even have the + since that starts at 550 Gigs.
Downscaling to High 6-C seems best then.

Sounds good. I've updated the OP and Sandbox, if those look good I'll start applying the revisions to the profiles.

Looks good. A note should also be put on the verse page for the scaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back