• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Stranger Revision

So upon replaying Furi something dawned on me.

"Power Nullification (The Line said himself The Stranger was responsible for him losing his ability to forsee the future)"

^So here The Line explains The Stranger's presence made him unable to see the future and he states he couldn't foresee The Stranger's future past his escape (which it's implied he would of did it eventually by several people)

https://youtu.be/81_q9tMCbC0?t=929

"I can't kill you, but I can remove you from my here and now"

^Here The Line states he can remove him from his here and now but can't exactly kill him.

His reset of time has no affect on Strange:

https://youtu.be/pJw7JVgQrf8?t=193

https://youtu.be/pJw7JVgQrf8?t=608

Line explains this area as his time and space and states Stranger will fail, Stranger obviously wins (Line isn't known for villain monologuing either):

https://youtu.be/pJw7JVgQrf8?t=427

Then after the defeat of the Line, the Voice states, "there is no fate, we choose our own destiny.": https://youtu.be/pJw7JVgQrf8?t=639

This all sounds like instead of mere power nullification The Stranger has Acausality Type 2. Thoughts?

I always thought he'd turn out acausal due to the Line, I just wasn't sure if he came out as 4 and 2. Suppose this is as good of an argument for 2 as any, I accept.

Might be good to get at least one other staff look-see. Andy is always a good choice now that he has the capability.

Type 2 is a very specific thing requiring the character to be non existent at all points of time except the present, it's not actually supposed to be given just for being beyond fate.

The way the phenomenon is explained I'm not quite sure if the Stranger making the future unpredictable is power nullification, it might be a different power entirely

I'm saying that him being unable to see Stranger's future and Voice's message about we can change our fate points toward's stranger's type 2, he's even unaffected by Line's resets.

And what I'm saying is that having an unpredictable future and/or being able to choose your own fates aren't evidence of type 2 they are consequences of it

The requirement for type2 is only existing in one point of time

Shulk has similar reasons and wouldn't this already imply that he exist in one point of time? I don't get what you're arguing against here could you elaborate more? Is there an outright speciifc requirement? Cause the idea that they're unable to be precoged + Line saying he can only remove stranger from his here and now + the fate statement from voice show moreso towawrd support for Aca type 2.

The requirements are these, there isn't a past version of you that exists in the timeline and there isn't s future version of you that exists in the timeline, the only version that exists is in the present and no, not having a fixed destiny/being able to choose your own fate in no way implies such a state of being automatically

And if Shulk's only reason for having type2 is someone being unable to precog him, then I don't think he should have it either since that's simply precognition resistance

Alright I wanna point out that there's more than being unable to be precog'd. The Line does specifically mention only being able to deal with you in this point in time and cites this as the reason for his inability to precog the Stranger.

Was that the reason he cited for his inability to precog? He made that anology about a "movie being stopped" because of the stranger's presence, and whatever that meant in-universe seems to be what stops him from being precogged

To be honest

"I can't kill you, but I can remove you from my here and now"

What this statement means is really vague to me

I get what the requirements are and I never said a fixed destiny is what gives him acausality, I don't know why you're still assuming that's what I'm going by when I mentioned several other statements of line that have nothing to do with fixed destiny, what I'm saying is that these imply those positions, Stranger's future cannot be read since he doesn't have one, Line states he can only remove him from his here and now, and Line reseting time has literally no effect on the Stranger. I legitimately do not see how Stranger's presence stopping his precog suddenly means it's not legitimate, that would just amp the point, if an aca type 2's presence came to you, you would be unable to see their future.

Question, does Line attack people by targeting their past or future versions? Because if he doesn't then him needing to deal with the stranger in the present won't really mean anything, because any character you fight without something like that you would need to deal with them in the present anyway

And also this quote "I can't kill you, but I can remove you from my here and now" just seems to be talking about adopting temporary measures to me. You aren't capable of terminating a problem for good, "killing someone" if that's what the situation is so you push it away to somewhere else so that where you are is safe, "remove you from my here and now"

If that's what he wanted to imply then what he decided to say exactly would make much more sense than if his sentence was supposed to be interpreted as "you only exist in one point of time where someone can deal with you".

His powers is time manipulation and he uses reversal in the fight which the stranger isn't affected by.

The point of the game of Furi is none of them can kill him so he and he can only affect him there.

How would that make more sense? Again, not being able to read his future + Line saying he can only remove stranger from his here and now + the fate statement from voice should at least grant a possible Acausality type 2. It's taking a lot more assumptions to try and work around what Line is saying, the entire idea of the Line is his powers of time, which is related with cause and effect so him mentioning things like "here and now" and not being able to read Stranger's future.

To be perfectly honest I just do not see how the sentence "I can't kill you, but I can remove you from my here and now" confirms the inability the Stranger to be targeted at other points of time, to begin with. And that's what my problem is. Debating different unterpretations isn't easy when you don't fully realize what exactly the cause of those different interpretations are.

I assume you would think the problem is taking this sentence out of context, and perhaps that's true, but even taking what he said previously into account, the only thing Line is stated to be incapable of doing here is killing the stranger and what he says after that is what alternate method he has of dealing with the stranger apart from killing . "Remove you from my here and now" can be interpreted as sending someone away from them and this would also make perfect sense if Line is only explaining what methods he has of dealing with someone that can't be killed.

Overall the interpretation I mentioned just comes far more naturally to me than the interpretation that Line is talking about his inability to affect Stranger in another point of tine than the present, and thus being forced to affect him in the current point of time.

Back