• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Star Level Teppei upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
We already discussed this. It was discarded due to inconsistencies, iirc.

Okay, I know that, but the main cast hasnt shown anything near that level. If they were star busters from the get-go, the planet wouldnt whistand such a beating from them.

Attack Potency "A character with a certain degree of attack potency does not necessarily need to cause destructive feats on that level, but can cause damage to characters that can withstand such forces."

Toriko has many start level now, neo was the worst threat in the universe, it is not possible that you do not climb those beasts. The only thing that is not scaled to Neo are the universal gods.

@Tivanenk

You're completely misunderstanding what happened. The planet was fully ripened and was moments away from going supernova. Teppei knocked the planet, containing the energy of the supernova. Teppei didn't stop the process, the planet was already fully ripened and was moments away from going supernova. What Teppei did was freeze/contain the energy which would have gone supernova.

Here's an example: I shout and trigger an avalanche. Is my shout MCB now? No, I just triggered one. Same here. He didn't nullify the energy. He disrupted the process.

Tivanenk is correct. What Teppei did is equivalent to stomping on a fuse to a bomb before it exploded. Maybe I should write a new rule sbout forbidding this topic, along with the outlier of NEO supposedly creating countless galaxies.

Antvasima said:
Tivanenk is correct. What Teppei did is equivalent to stomping on a fuse to a bomb before it exploded. Maybe I should write a new rule sbout forbidding this topic, along with the outlier of NEO supposedly creating countless galaxies.
But the planet had already started to explode and then was haltedby Teppei's knocking. The "bomb" had already gone off. Regardless the planet contained the energy of a supernova and Teppei froze this energy with his knocking. The fuse analogy is nonsensical. By that logic "freezing" a star going supernova is not Star Level.

Neo creating countless galaxies is not an outlier because the Toriko-verse has numerous Universe Level Gourmet Gods, the Star Level Demon King, and countless Star Level Cosmos Mammoths.

It also beggars belief that Neo the ultimate predator is not stronger than some rando Cosmos Mammoth.

I don't know why you would try to scale them from the mammoths when we have no idea what they're capable of, and if neo really did fight one in the past we have no idea how long it took him to beat/eat it, so I say trying to justify this feat with things from the final chapter wouldn't really work since we seriously have so little information on any of it.

LOOKATMYBOOT said:
I don't know why you would try to scale them from the mammoths when we have no idea what they're capable of, and if neo really did fight one in the past we have no idea how long it took him to beat/eat it, so I say trying to justify this feat with things from the final chapter wouldn't really work since we seriously have so little information on any of it.
All you did was argue against a side note i made.

All you did was argue against a side note i made.

I'm arguing against the trying to justify a feat with things we have next to no info on, and it wouldn't make no sense for teppei to gain such a large upgrade when even the characters portrayed to be above him don't even have a star level feat, well other than neo's galaxy spew but that isn't really a DC feat since it was only him throwing up what he ate.

Knocking has always been portrayed as a hax, dependent on precision, and mostly independent of physical energy levels.

There is nothing that indicates that Teppei possesses power comparable to detonating supernovas.

DocAnimeTheory said:
LOOKATMYBOOT said:
I'm arguing against the trying to justify a feat with things we have next to no info on said:
Attack Potency "A character with a certain degree of attack potency does not necessarily need to cause destructive feats on that level, but can cause damage to characters that can withstand such forces."
Neo didn't care for the planet, when he was separate from acacia he didn't do anything star level.

Also, attack potency only works as an argument if they harm a character with that level of durability, no one in toriko has shown star level durability

Antvasima said:
Knocking has always been portrayed as a hax, dependent on precision, and mostly independent of physical energy levels.
There is nothing that indicates that Teppei possesses power comparable to detonating supernovas.
Then i suppose all the characters whose AP or DC comes from hax should be downgraded. Jirou was put at Large Planet Level for knocking the planet by the way.

Well, we are not going to upgrade Teppei to Large Star level based on a hax precision feat that stopped a chain reaction, and not going to upgrade Acacia to Multi-Galaxy level based on a Plot-Induced Stupidity Outlier.

I am going to close this topic now, and would appreciate if you permanently drop it. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back