• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible sealing hax for Dialga

What the title says. I think Dialga has something already that can also give it a kind of sealing hax.

When Dialga trapped Giratina in his endless timeloop, Giratina also got trapped within the reverse/distortion world with no escape. Even when making portals it couldnt leave (proving the portals it makes while trapped in the timeloop are also affected by it). It sought out Shaymin and her seed flare because her portals, instead of giratinas, were the only portals that could shatter the timeloop and help Giratina regain its ability to travel between universes.

As a result, I think Dialga should gain a sort of dimensional sealing hax as an added bonus with its timeloop hax. And considering it worked perfectly on a being who embodies a universe with next to, if not, no space-time, its really high level.

If accepted, Palkia could also gain resistance to it seeing as its explictly Dialgas equal (and it wouldve just trapped Palkia in the unown's dimension if it was not resistant) and it might be possibly upscaled to Arceus.

Do you mind providing scans of this? I'm not sure if you're referring to the anime or Platinum, but it's based to have the scene in front of us before we do anything.

My fault. It's from the anime movie.

Here ya go, at 1:34. It's an AMV but it should still suffice- https://youtu.be/y9QPF7mphyU

Giratina had no way of leaving even when creating portals between the universes because of Dialgas timeloop. It trapped him in the distortion world.

Yes but could that also work in the form of dimensional sealing? Giratina was literally prevented from leaving the reverse world in any way til Shaymin came to no-sell the timeloop.

I'm inclined to agree with J-Man here.

Giratina never reached the portal and actually opened a new one. He just couldn't get close enough to use it due to Dialga.

Yes but the portals being generated by him still couldnt let him out even they connected.

Thats why I said maybe dimensional sealing. As in, he isnt able to leave the dimension he's been timelooped him. Because iirc, not being able to leave a dimension in any way on your own would count as being sealed there. Though I can be wrong here.

Well he went up to the portal but then the timeloop prevented him from going through it. Thus it kept him trapped in the distortion world.

Unless I'm misinterpreting it, that would specifically count as a form of dimensional sealing.

The effect is potentially the same, but it is not a different Hax. Dialga's loop made Giratina return in time just before arriving near the portal, so Giratina never came close to crossing the portal because of the loop. Dialga still held Giratina without being able to get out of its dimension, but it was because Giratina was back in time before being able to cross the portal, so it is only a specific use for temporal loops.

@Kukui

I don't think we should make assumptions about this when all we see is the timeloop.

Fair enough. I would still like to keep this open so others can eventually formulate an opinion but if majority say nah, then i'll accept that.

Back