• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Would John's Pen Mode scale to Kanzaki at all? I'll have to review the episode to make sure, but I seem to recall that Kanzaki was involved in that fight against Index.

If nothing else, she definitely seemed to regard John's Pen Mode as enough if a threat to unleash her full power instantly and go on the defensive.

No, the only thing Kanzaki did was trip Index so that she didn't laser Touma's face off by ripping off the tatami mats beneath Index with Nanasen. Kanzaki never used her full power or went on the defensive, and they never traded any attacks.

Oh okay. I thought that because she spoke her magic name, that implied she was getting fully serious (though I admit I never fully understood that concept)

The magic name thing is an old custom/tradition where magicians identified themselves with a codename instead of their true name while using magic. While it can be taken as a statement of "I'm taking this seriously now", it doesn't necessarily always mean "I'll fight you with all my strength".

John Pen is likely 7-A anyways, but it's not because of this instance. I was going to wait until I finished rereading Index's scenes in OT to make the upgrade thread, but looks like I'll have to do it now given the other Index thread right now.

Back