• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Relativistic+ TMNT (1987 Cartoon)

Migue79

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Hello, everybody! I am here writing a CRT with the purpose of discussing the implementation of this feat I have calced. However, I want to start an important discussion about it, as I see it being imperative.

Here is the question for discussion:

Is the calc'd feat an outlier?

Well to an outlier it'd have to be inconsistent with already existing feats, and since this is the only 87 calc yeah it probably isn't

Well, the calc was. But I need staff to discuss this and approve this.

The second Relativistic+ rating in Leos profile, though... they already had the mirrors up before the lasers were fired, so that isnt even reactions, at all.

Psychomaster35 said:
The second Relativistic+ rating in Leos profile, though... they already had the mirrors up before the lasers were fired, so that isnt even reactions, at all.
They are not performing a reacting feat.

The second fighting scene merely further proves (as said by Migue79) that the first scene's fictional laser (and TMNT 1987 laser in general) IS literal, genuine lasers.

The current statement "at least (low end speed feat), possibly relativistic+" should cover all 1987 profiles - should the feat is not an outlier (say the turtles are hit by something much slower).

However, 1987 ninja turtles had interactions with some other incarnations. Does that upgrade the incarnations interacted with in the same manner?

(Off topic: is TMNT, composited or generalised or whatever, relativistic+ in general?)

I guess it would scale to them considering they fought not only against them but alongside each other. So it only makes sense.

(If it reaches to the conclusion that it isn't an outlier? Yes.)

While I think that this is a good solution, this could be a thing that could go in all profiles that participated in the crossover such as 4kids TNMT.

This is going to be a quick comment about Leonardo (1987) Relativistic+ speed.

Lasers in the 1987's TNMT show are actually very frequent to see via the use of guns and robots shooting lasers. For example this video has three different examples with the last one probably due censorship of bullets from executives which is fairly common.

The time from each laser showcase is from 0:23 , 0:56 and 2:10 .

So, I would not consider this feat an outlier and rather something credible. Still, I'm going to wait until futher opinions.

Yeah, Leonardo and the TMNT (1987) characters could get an update of Superhuman with Relativistic+ combat and reaction speed.

My question resides about cross-scaling with the the TMNT from 4kids due the fact that the crossover is a canonical event anq with the most dangerous foe at that related to TMNT so far.

This is probably fine, but we should almost never scale from Crossovers, as the characters in them are almost always rescaled to each other for plot convenience reasons.

Would just straight up Relativistic+ for the 1987 Turtles be fine?

Obviously only for combat speed, not anything else.

One thing though: how many anti feats are there?

Cartoons like this usually have these "lasers" that makes the character look cool but... then the character gets hit by something much slower. (It makes no sense a falling tree hits faster than lasers but we see simlilar things happen in the 80's and 90's. Which is why the current profile says "at least superhuman, possibly relativistic+". And this should really cover most situations.

I suppose that is a good point. Maybe we should keep the current ratings then?

I guess so. Though it can just be a matter of the regular PIS, seeing as they have a lot of consistent feats for that. Even overwhelming the turtles iirc.

Eitherway, it's fine with me. Straight up or possibly.

Most of the time in the TMNT shows, the turtles are hit by the enemies in close combat and launched by the enemy. I would go be likely at the very least for now due the fact that laser dodging is still consistent enough. Yet this could be straight in future discussions.

If laser dodging is consistent, "likely" is fine, yes.

Back