• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Overwatch Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tf2 doesn't even have the "+" signs are are like barely scaled from a 100 Megajoule calc iirc, so Overwatch still outmatches in terms of AP.

Edit: nvm, they're actually scaled from this so it's closer. But Overwatch still has the advantage.

If i calced 76's speed in that short would it be an outlier? Just noting that it is not his Reaction speed, but his travel speed that i would calx, if it is calcable

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Tf2 doesn't even have the "+" signs are are like barely scaled from a 100 Megajoule calc iirc, so Overwatch still outmatches in terms of AP.

Edit: nvm, they're actually scaled from this so it's closer. But Overwatch still has the advantage.
Well,if my 76 is calc is ok, we could have some battles with him against TF2 guus

Drite77 said:
If i calced 76's speed in that short would it be an outlier? Just noting that it is not his Reaction speed, but his travel speed that i would calx, if it is calcable
I doubt it would be an outlier judging from how far he ran, but...how would you go about figuring out the timeframe between him turning to see the bomb and the bomb actually exploding?

I doubt it would be an outlier judging from how far he ran, but...how would you go about figuring out the timeframe between him turning to see the bomb and the bomb actually exploding?

Magic.

Btw, Damage evaluated the calc and he think that Frag is better...

I just find it funny that the Doomfist calc is 7.547144797073377 times more powerfull than my Grenade calc. I guess that it is consitent after all. I will try to make the blog tomorrow, but if i don't, i will do it Thursday after work

Done~

Granted, i think that some calc group members may find the Pixel Scaling strange, but i tried to explain where i get the results, so we will just need to wait

MrKingOfNegativity said:
@Drite
Which 8-C feat are you referring to?

If you're talking about D.Va's self-destruct, that doesn't really scale to anyone else's raw AP or dura. Both her mech and the mech attacking/ripping pieces off hers were obliterated by the explosion, and Hana herself nearly died from the shockwave even though she was nowhere near the epicenter.

Other than that though, there should be a lot of Tier 9 feats in the series to scale low tiers and mid tiers to. Soldier 76 tanking the grenade explosion is a perfectly valid Tier 9 feat, as are Bob ripping a sign out of the ground, Widowmaker's armor letting her tank a sniper round to the head, Genji slicing a car in half, and Winston tanking grenade launcher fire in base, among others.
Source of those feats? Though Bob's feat may be just a LS feat

I think that the first post seems to make sense.

So what are the TL;DR conclusions for the rest of this thread?

All the High 8-C and 8-C either got recalced or get dismantle due to some problems.

The recalcs all got 9-A, plus other brand new 9-A feat. So the High tiers are 9-A+ and the others are normal 9-A via calcs

Okay. It seems like you all have this under control then.

Drite77 said:
Source of those feats? Though Bob's feat may be just a LS feat
Bob's feat. (We don't see him pull the sign out of the ground, but he obviously did so, or he wouldn't be holding it.)

Widowmaker's feat. (Borrowed from a respect thread for convenience.)

Genji's feat.

Base Winston's feat.

Junkrat also has this (which I also stole from a RT for convenience), but that's not even coming close to what 76 tanked in his video. Although it should be noted that 76's feat is somewhere near the upper limit of his durability, since as I said before, he's clearly left in pain and fatigue from withstanding it.

By the way, I was just reminded of something after rewatching the first Overwatch trailer again.

Doomfist's gauntlet as seen in the exhibit is only half of the entire mechanism. So it's likely that Amelie tanking a hit from it would be less impressive anyway on general principle, on top of the whole "that kid isn't anywhere near as strong as Doomfist is in base" part of the equation.

Bob's feat: again, i think that it is a LS feat, not an AP one

Widow's feat: Isn't Ana's rifle different from conventional ones? I think that it means that Widow's helmet is more durable than her

Genji's feat: I don't think that it will pass 9-B

Winston's feat: Aren't those Reaper's guns? They should be comparable to 76 dura since he can hurt him in lore, i think

Junkrat's feat: Maybe? It looks like V. Frag, but it has potential to be Pulv, but i don't think that it will be as high as 76's feat though

Well, anothwr 9-A eat is the recalc of Hammond's reentry feat, i think that it is close to 76's feat, but i can't remember

LS feats have been used to gauge AP in the past. There's a process for getting AP from potential energy (or something like that), but I haven't seen it used in a while, so I can't remember what exactly it is. Although I doubt ripping a street sign out of the ground is going to yield anything above 9-B, so whatever.

I don't actually recall Ana's rifle being stated to be stronger or more lethal than a conventional one. The extent of it that I'm aware of is that she can heal people with its shots if she wants.

I never said it would.

Those aren't his normal shotguns. Those are two random grenade launchers that he pulls out of nowhere and just...never uses again, for some reason.

Like I said, I doubt it.

I only mention these feats because you asked for them. I never said any of them would compare to 76's feat, even when I brought them up the first time around.

Drite77 said:
Well, anothwr 9-A eat is the recalc of Hammond's reentry feat, i think that it is close to 76's feat, but i can't remember
Is that based on the terminal velocity speed you got? Because it was kind of agreed upon that Hammond catching fire was more of a visual effect than anything else, so I don't think we can use "catching fire" speed anymore.

How was Hammonds reentry feat recalced to only 9-A?

Also no, Ana in the comic was using a normal sniper rifle when she shot widow

Via the fact that the re-entry speed you used was an absurd highball. (A fact which was gone over in the thread extensively) I'm assuming he used the minimum speed for catching fire and got a 9-A KE value from it.

I don't see what difference that makes.

I suppose I'm going to have to walk through this again if it was ignored so thoroughly.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
All of these weigh immensely more than what Hammond's pod was calc'd to be. To give you an idea just how much of a weight difference we're talking about here and what that means for the calc, Hammond's pod was found to be 280.398822 kg in the calc blog. Apollo 7 (the one with the slowest maximum entry velocity in that above chart) had a landing mass of 5,175 kg, over 18x heavier than what Hammond's pod was found to be, and it entered at a maximum velocity of 25,955 feet per second. (read: around 7911.084 m/s, not even 112 m/s faster than the value used in a calc)
That's a major point against using the sourced speed to calc KE for Hammond's pod. Something that weighs little over 280 kg would not and should not be falling to Earth anywhere near as fast as a spacecraft over 18x heavier.
You have no proof that something that only weighs approximately 280.4 kg is going to fall to Earth at speed comparable to a full-sized spacecraft so immensely heavier, and that is by-and-large what the assumption made in the calc was. Gravity is based on weight, and unaided falling speed is based on gravity.
And even if you did have proof that Hammond's pod would fall to Earth at a speed comparable to a spacecraft, that makes it the only legit High 8-C calc we have left, A.K.A. an outlier.

Why would i have to prove that something that is reentering the earths atmosphere is moving at the speed at which things move when reentering the atmosphere? Mass has jothing to do with it.

I have found other high 8-C feats thoigh i doubt i will be listened to so whatever, believe what you want.

Drite77 said:
All the High 8-C and 8-C either got recalced or get dismantle due to some problems.
The recalcs all got 9-A, plus other brand new 9-A feat. So the High tiers are 9-A+ and the others are normal 9-A via calcs
So, I guess the verse would be in Tier 9-A overall which is fine with me.

@Weekly i also brought up that Hammond's pod catched on fire seconda after it started falling, wich can't be done IRL

@Weekly, DonTalk has went over feats that involve characters free falling from space a while back. First of all, it shouldn't be assumed that the characters fell at escape velocity speeds or meteor speeds unless there's a showing that they were moving at said speeds before entering the planets atmosphere. And even catching on fire doesn't mean they were moving at great speeds, it just means the air around them was different in higher elevations to the point where even Subsonic speeds can cause someone to catch fire.

For regular free falling feats of characters falling from space, we use the Terminal Velocity calculator, and in which most free falling feats really only get Wall level.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
First of all, it shouldn't be assumed that the characters fell a[t] escape velocity speeds or meteor speeds unless there's a showing that they were moving at said speeds before entering the planets atmosphere. And even catching on fire doesn't mean they were moving at great speeds, it just means the air around them was different in higher elevations to the point where even Subsonic speeds can cause someone to catch fire.
You sure this was a "while back"? Sounds entirely new to me, considering how often meteor speeds are used in feats like that without good reason.

Glad this is being pointed out regardless.

@Dargoo, DonTalk once made a comment on a blog Numbersguy made back in 2016 I think it was saying that the terminal velocity of an average human is 53 m/s. And before I saw DonTalk's comment I initially just used Potential energy, which is better than just randomly assuming escape velocity but still not perfect. A character jumping off the Earth's atmosphere would be Escape velocity and actual meteors would have meteor speeds for sure, but not a person jumping off a space station or helicopter, as they are initially go from not falling to accelerating to terminal velocity speeds.

But yeah, it is true that there are plenty of people who seem unaware or simply don't bother to take a look at them.

I just want to point out as an addendum that the chart I linked before shows several different spacecraft of different size/mass re-entering the atmosphere at different speeds from each other, which by itself disproves the idea that mass has "nothing to do" with speed of re-entry.

Also, can we stop calling me Stephen King already? That joke is so 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back