• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Overwatch Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Frank said:
Unless you want to say that all the characters just chose to disregard previous relationships with eachother and murder eachother while trying to deliver a payload
They do, they even make comments about it in-game

DarkDragonMedeus said:
No one said it was non-canon, only that it was inconsistent. There's a big difference you know.
Dargoo Faust said:
Why are we using gameplay feats when the gameplay has been repeatedly stated to be non-canon?
He kinda did tho

The pen or the sword said:
So the lead writer is wrong....OK THEN! I GUESS WE SHOULD BELEIVE YOU OVER THE LEAD WRITER!
Death of the author my guy. What he says means nothing when everything else contradicts what he says.

WeeklyBattles said:
Because both stuff in-game and stuff from other Devs directly contradicts it
Why would the game developers have more say over the writing than the lead writer?

If I was to make a hypothetical pecking order of WoG, I'd usually put the guy actually planning/writing the story on the top.

And out of curiosity, scans to their respective statements?

The pen or the sword said:
Your not making a strong argument weekly word of god is accepted here... Edit will you point out these contradictions?
Death of the author takes precedence over WoG on this wiki.

Only when the word of god contradicts in game showings/information. So give us scans of these statments contradictions so we can apply death of the author, if it actually does contradict in game information.

Look wheekly Im willing to believe your side of the argument but you can't just say "its wrong" And expect people to accept/take that as a legitimate answer. Why is the statement wrong? What contradicts it?

WeeklyBattles said:
Other devs have stated that its cano
I'm seriously confused how developers who aren't part of the writing team contradicting the writing team somehow makes any statements from the writing team null and void, let alone the lead writer for the series.

I've yet to see these statements, regardless.

Where are these statements? How do they explain the in game team comp that breaks the lore of the comics, and cinematics? How do they explain the statement made by the lead writer, you know the person actually responsible for the story? How do they explain reinhardt knowing reapers identity?

Even if they have made such statements (Please provide them if they have) we have ignored unreliable word of god before when it comes from people not directly involved with the writing/story, such as when ben 10's art directors made statements...

Edit point being we don't treat all word of god equally, statements made by non writing staff that contradict the lead writer is liable to be lower on the pecking order

Heck, even if we have another WoG statement contradicting the lead writer and being held in the same esteem, all that means is that no WoG statement can be accepted as proof on it's own. The game would have to back it up.

However, it's easy to see that the game throws out the lore and character histories for gameplay reasons.

WeeklyBattles said:
Flat out lie but okay
I find it amusing that my joke about you "lying to the people" is crossing some sort of line, yet you get to directly call other people liars under no humorous context whatsoever.

You just killed the last bit of credibility you had left in this thread. You need to sit down already.

Drite77 said:
@king
That will take alot of time now, since i am busy with school stuff right now
Take as much time as you need. I won't rush you in anything,

Should we create a thread for the Doomfist recalc? Since the end accepted is not really clear. DMUA says Frag, Bambu and other people say V. Frag and Jason and Weekly say Pulv

I don't think that's necessary. Discussion on how the calc should be used is best left in the comments on the blog. We don't need an entire separate thread for that.

Bambu was the only person to 100% commit to V. Frag, also. I said I was indifferent to whichever end was used as long as it wasn't pulverization, and Dragon said he was explicitly backing Frag over V. Frag.

It seems, DMUA is willing to accept the mid end of Doomfist's feat given how awkward the feat is. But it definitely ain't pulverization. So Small Building level+ looks good.

No, I absolutely agree on that. Pulverization is a ridiculous assumption.

If that's the case though, it appears Doomfist is going to be 9-A+, which makes the grenade feat being 9-A seem even more acceptable within the context of the verse's scaling.

Doomfist = Doomsday getting nerfed to the point where he's Batman's level.

Actually Batman characters have been waiting to get there speed downgrade and they'll be downgraded to hypersonic meaning we can actually have fair battles with no speed equalization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back