• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Overwatch Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ulkmaster

People in the verse that have access to comparable tech would be able to pull out a weapon on that level, no ?

@King

The feat comes from the animated trailer, not the game

Also the main attack of the gun is the freezing ray.

and upscaling tech weapons to lower grade weapons isn't a very big of a stretch

MrKingOfNegativity said:
@Drite

Which 8-C feat are you referring to?

If you're talking about D.Va's self-destruct, that doesn't really scale to anyone else's raw AP or dura. Both her mech and the mech attacking/ripping pieces off hers were obliterated by the explosion, and Hana herself nearly died from the shockwave even though she was nowhere near the epicenter.

Other than that though, there should be a lot of Tier 9 feats in the series to scale low tiers and mid tiers to. Soldier 76 tanking the grenade explosion is a perfectly valid Tier 9 feat, as are Bob ripping a sign out of the ground, Widowmaker's armor letting her tank a sniper round to the head, Genji slicing a car in half, and Winston tanking grenade launcher fire in
The other Hammond feat

@Overlord, it was mentioned above how scaling every single gun from the Ice Gun doesn't quite work because most of the energy used on the Ice Gun isn't entirely combat oriented.

@MrKing, we should probably treat catching on fire as a visual effect. A character running or punching fast enough to catch fire through sheer speed would be a different, but sometimes even falling as speeds that are below average human has caught fire in some works. So probably just stick to terminal velocity.

If Weekly wishes to continue this discussion he can make his own CRT, nothing stops him from doing that.

Plenty of people already agree and just one guy not disagreeing dies not go against the Majority.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
@MrKing, we should probably treat catching on fire as a visual effect. A character running or punching fast enough to catch fire through sheer speed would be a different, but sometimes even falling as speeds that are below average human has caught fire in some works. So probably just stick to terminal velocity.
Well, that's a fair point.

Kind of sucks the impressiveness of the feat down the drain, but still...

So far, the only calcs we have left that are usable are an updated Doomfist crater calc that's either 9-A+ or 8-C, and...

Uh....

****, what was the other 9-A feat again?

Anyway, there are also several other guaranteed Tier 9 feats we can use that haven't been calc'd yet. I listed several of them here. They can be used to scale low and mid tiers.

Where's the URL to the Doomfist calc again, I was curious about it and I heard some people argue, "It's fragmentation not pulverization".

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Where's the URL to the Doomfist calc again, I was curious about it and I heard some people argue, "It's fragmentation not pulverization".
I remaded using concrete vallues. Its not in a blog currently

Ah, never mind then, but is there at least an image for the feat. I could try judging what type of destruction it is.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
@Overlord, it was mentioned above how scaling every single gun from the Ice Gun doesn't quite work because most of the energy used on the Ice Gun isn't entirely combat oriented.
Why wouldn't energy weapons of similar if not superior grade be able of the same output ?

Drite77 said:
That disqualify as a feat? It is ised offensive in the game
That's part of the problem I've been talking about. Scaling based on in-game feats and gameplay animations in the case of this game creates problems and inconsistencies with the lore's portrayal of many of the characters. We can't do it, or it'll lead us right back where we started,

@Overlord, it's already been discussed numerous times throughout the thread that firearm scaling isn't always consistent. Some weapons, specifically temperature based ones may have a good calc, but lack the ability to do any real damage. Which are different than bullets and fragmentation explosives. For example, various vehicles IRL have resisted Tier 8 heat waves, but get one shotted by Tier 9 explosives due to the different nature of the attacks. Not because "Everything is Tier 8, even fodder inanimate objects".

That's part of the problem I've been talking about. Scaling based on in-game feats and gameplay animations in the case of this game creates problems and inconsistencies with the lore's portrayal of many of the characters. We can't do it, or it'll lead us right back where we started,
I meam, Hammomd could get "8-C with c attack" since the 9-A feats are really up there, almost being baseline 8-C

Using one in-game feat opens the door for using them all. We can't just cherrypick an in-game feat to use in conjunction with the canon ones in the cinematics and lore if we're explicitly excluding the other aspects of their in-game portrayals.

And we do need to exclude the other aspects, because otherwise you have things like the Talon Heavy Asssault soldiers being able to stomp every character you can play as, Genji being able to use Deflect to stop multiple Bastion minigun barrages at once even though he's never shown to be that quick in canon, and Doomfist only being able to oneshot people if he punches them into something.

Yeah, that does only looks like fragmentation of concrete; definitely not pulverization.

I could see it being V.Frag, considering the ground shatters with enough force to launch all the nearby characters into the air.

But no, looking at it again, it's definitely not pulverization.

Done, now we just wait for evaluation.

Now that i think about it, shouldn't Concrete vallues be put in the calculations pages, since alot of Destruction feats happen in Streets or Sidewalks?

Violent Fragmentation would implies there's nothing but pebbles left the fragments. They're blocks that are still fairly decent sized. Plus, I recall it was mentioned we only use Violent Fragmentations for explosions, not for punching stuff usually. Although, launching the fragments at noticeable speeds could have a KE calculation.

evaluated

violent frag can be used for punches if the pieces are small enough, but in this case it's a pretty big set of pieces

I suppose that makes sense. If that's the general standard, then yeah, it's definitely normal fragmentation.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
For example, various vehicles IRL have resisted Tier 8 heat waves, but get one shotted by Tier 9 explosives due to the different nature of the attacks. Not because "Everything is Tier 8, even fodder inanimate objects".
Iisn't that because of the size of the surface area being affect tho ?

If it isn't calcable, real-life grenades are around 9-B anyway, so that one shouldn't be any weaker.

Just eyeballing, it looks to be more powerfull, some of the explosion is off screen, but it is too little to matter anyway

I don't know if my pixel scaling is right, but the result is really close to Doomfist's Frag Vallue, is that a signal of consistency or inconsistency? The Doomfist one is like, only 2.525 times more than that explosion

I recommend putting it into a blog and seeing where it leads. It seems much more consistent than not; Doomfist's gauntlet performing a feat 2.5x stronger than an explosion which moderately injured another far weaker character is perfectly logical, and Doomfist's physical durability doesn't necessarily scale to the gauntlet anyway, since a child with no parity to him whatsoever wielded it without injuring himself.

I am curious what might be problematic about the pixelscaling, though. I'd have to see the scaling image myself in order to judge.

I already noticed the recalc blog for Doomfist's feat a while ago. I was referring to Drite's apparent calc of Soldier 76's grenade-tanking feat. I didn't see a blog of that anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back