• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Okami upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, like Proto calced, Ammy's galaxy feat has to do a minimum of overwhelm the galaxy's RKE, so it's at worst GigaFoe range for mid to late game Amaterasu, as that's the least that would be required to accomplish this, and she does so casually.

Soel404 said:
Plus, Ninetails (or some monster that is weaker than him/her) made the Whirlpool Galaxy (along with all the other stars in the sky) disappear
Are we going to talk about this at all?

I already mentioned that.

The galaxy wasn't destroyed. It was no longer visible in the night sky.

That is a big difference.

Fodder psykers in 40k making all the stars in the sky invisible doesn't mean they destroyed several thousand stars.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Well, like Proto calced, Ammy's galaxy feat has to do a minimum of overwhelm the galaxy's RKE, so it's at worst GigaFoe range for mid to late game Amaterasu, as that's the least that would be required to accomplish this, and she does so casually.
So lowballed Ryoshima Coast Ammy=Multi-Solar System level+

And highballed Ryoshima Coast Ammy=Galaxy level

This thread appears to be dead, any idea on how to close it

@Soel

Well, we still need to rescale the Okami pages.

Antvasima said:
@Soel
Well, we still need to rescale the Okami pages.
It doesnt seem like we're getting anywhere right know, so.....

If the statistics are blatantly wrong, they need to be adjusted. Perhaps somebody could write a summary of the current discussion in a new thread, and link to it here, so I can highlight it?

Matthew Schroeder said:
I just like to point out that the calc is very lowballed. you can't get KE from spinning a galaxy at FTL speeds.
Yeah can we get a more accurate calc?

So, given the FTL aspect, should we strictly go by size, in lack of better options, and keep the 3-C ratings? I think that we have tended to do so for similar galaxy-moving feats.

Nah.

Spinning an object =/= moving it in its entirety, and there have even been disagreements over if moving the milky way at FTL speeds across the sky would be enough for 3-C, considering destroying it in one shot is the absolute minimum for our current 3-C.

If the required energy for this feat is "unquantifiably above one gigaFoe", that is what we should go with.

Well, our standards are very confusing regarding this area. Although technically, if somebody moved a galaxy at greatly FTL speeds, and there was also somehow a giant wall to splat it against, all of the contents should probably be destroyed. Still, feats that break the laws of physics are very hard to evaluate.

Moving every star in a galaxy at FTL speeds is 4-B, though.
How is spining a Galaxy Solar-System level but spining a planet is Dwarf Star level?

Given that the required energy for an omnidirectional explosion or shockwave covering several solar system increases exponentially/at a cubic rate with the distance, but the amount of stars in a galaxy increases at a linear rate, this causes seeming inconsistencies in our system.

Soel404 said:
How is spining a Galaxy Solar-System level but spining a planet is Dwarf Star level?
It's not. Unless you mean busting a planet at extremely high relativistic speeds still below the cutoff point.

Also, overpowering an object's rotational KE <<<< destroying said object, in most cases. This is of course unless a calc puts it higher via some extreme KE values, which we can't do in this case, because the object is being spun at FTL speeds, thus we can only use the minimum requirements for overpowering a galaxy's rke, which is ~1 gigaFoe.

Soel404 said:
It's not. Unless you mean busting a planet at extremely high relativistic speeds still below the cutoff point.
Also, overpowering an object's rotational KE <<<< destroying said object, in most cases. This is of course unless a calc puts it higher via some extreme KE values, which we can't do in this case, because the object is being spun at FTL speeds, thus we can only use the minimum requirements for overpowering a galaxy's rke, which is ~1 gigaFoe.
Ganondorf is at 5-A (dwarf star level) for spinning a planet really fast (which didn't even happen btw)

Spinning the planet at relativistic speeds would require both overpowering its rotational KE and then getting the relativistic KE from spinning it even further, which is probably why that feat is where it is. If the planet was spun at FTL speeds, calcing the relativistic KE becomes impossible.

I don't believe I was part of the thread for this particular upgrade, but if you believe it didn't happen, you should make a CRT.

I think it's also worth pointing out that Akuro, the main villain of Okamiden, has a personal pocket dimension filled with stars, and he's just a shard of Yami. Chibiterasu, Amaterasu's sun which is much weaker than her, defeats him.

Okay. So what statistics should the Ōkami characters be rescaled to, at different points in the story?

Okay. Thank you for the reply.

Is anybody willing to revise the Ōkami profiles?

Should we add String of Beads to endgame Amaterasu? I didn't see it anywhere on her profile, and was just wondering about it.

Somebody still needs to revise the Okami profiles.

Okay. Thank you for the help. Feel free to do so then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back