• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Mario Profile Split/Varies Rating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this is a bit later than I had intended, but here:

I think a lack of split in the “Super” games is kinda dumb. While some of the games obviously have very close relationships (e.g. Sunshine is a direct sequel of Mario 64) but even then you have to remember we are doing this split because it’s an explanation for Mario’s consistency, and we do need to have splits less basic than some I’ve seen proposed to actually show that consistency
Here’s my proposed groupings, I think these take the closely related games with canon or heavily implied links to each other pretty well.
Right, sorry I'd missed this. I do agree that now that I've been reminded consistency is the issue here, a further split in "mainline" is probably needed.

I do disagree with some things though. 64 is at the very least greatly references by Odyssey, so that should be included in there. Isn't there a whole ass SM64 level with almost no changes in one of the Galaxy games? I'm not sure why the 3D Lands/Worlds, Land and NSMB are all thrown together, I don't see any real link.

Most importantly I absolutely think Paper Jam should be considered legit, they explain the mechanics between the two versions meeting and there's nothing that shows the opposite.

Last edited:
I don't think we need to split any of the mainline platformers with "Super Mario" in the title unless it leads to more than 6 keys but if that happens the 1st key of 2nd profile can pick up where the final key of the first left off. Much like going from Part 1 Naruto's last key to Part 2 Naruto's first key.

But SMB 1-3, SMW, SML 1-2 (Thus Wario Land series continues), SM64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1-2, New SMB series, SMB 3D Land + World (And Later Bowser's fury), SM Maker 1-2, Super Mario Run, and Super Mario Odyssey are all part of the same mainline especially. Not exactly in this order, since I was saving a bit of time, but usually they should be consistent with release dates. Yoshi's Island series also is chronologically before the entire main series for obvious reasons.

64 is at the very least greatly references by Odyssey, so that should be included in there.
Oh. Yeah I forgot all about Odyssey lmao, yeah it goes in with 64 + Sunshine, it very clearly takes place in the same setting as 64
Isn't there a whole ass SM64 level with almost no changes in one of the Galaxy games?
yeah, but it’s just a fun reference, unless you’re arguing Whomp’s Fortress was actually floating in space the whole time. Odyssey is different as that is literally the 64 Mushroom Kingdom as far as I know
Most importantly I absolutely think Paper Jam should be considered legit, they explain the mechanics between the two versions meeting and there's nothing that shows the opposite.
I don’t have particularly strong convictions on this specific area, so happy to concede
I'm not sure why the 3D Lands/Worlds, Land and NSMB are all thrown together, I don't see any real link.
I linked all the 2D platformers together, and then those with heavy links to any of them, which defo applies to 3D land, I’m not particularly leaning either way for World and if people disagree with that happy to move it.

Mildly off topic but my bet is on Mario Kart being the lowest rated, Blue Shells getting 9-A results maximum

yeah, but it’s just a fun reference, unless you’re arguing Whomp’s Fortress was actually floating in space the whole time. Odyssey is different as that is literally the 64 Mushroom Kingdom as far as I know
I guess that's true. How about Rosalina's appearance in 3D World, coupled with a Galaxy-themed level?

Also, beyond Lumas the entire reason Mario has Tier 3 in Galaxy is because of the simple fact Bowser was going to create his own galaxy with the Grand Star (and the reactor having a meltdown leads to at least the galaxy being recreated) and in that game he fights Grand Star users in base. I really don't think the statistic should change at all.

I feel like the Galaxy Games should be paired with 64 and Odyssey. In SMG the story book at the beginning provides a bit of information as to why the castle has so many power Stars to begin with and even alludes to the giant power star at the end of 64 being a grand Star.

Last edited:
Also, beyond Lumas the entire reason Mario has Tier 3 in Galaxy is because of the simple fact Bowser was going to create his own galaxy with the Grand Star (and the reactor having a meltdown leads to at least the galaxy being recreated) and in that game he fights Grand Star users in base. I really don't think the statistic should change at all.
I agree with this.

Yeah, let's proceed with Part 2. Finding the stats for all major series
So are any members here willing to collaborate with organising this?

I would also appreciate if you consult with DarkDragonMedeus and GyroNutz in conjunction.

So are any members here willing to collaborate with organising this?

I would also appreciate if you consult with DarkDragonMedeus and GyroNutz in conjunction.
Why don’t we start with a simple one? I can’t imagine Mario Kart having anything better than the simple explosion feats of the likes of Bombs and Blue Shells, maybe a KE calc for the vehicles could prove useful as well

DS has boss battles, could be worth a look. There's also a respect thread out there.

DS boss battles produce at best 9-B results, I think the only unusual things in them compared to normal gameplay is that the Bob-omb explosions look mildly bigger in the King Bob-Omb Boss Battles

I haven’t read through all of this thread (can’t really be bothered to) but are we splitting Mario’s profiles based on each game or what?

MatPat calculated the speed of the karts in 8 once and when I plugged that in with the average weight of a go-kart it got around 90 Kilojoules

I don't think common fodder enemies should be effected too much; I don't think too many people take issues with casually stomping Goombas to be something that would grant At least 8-C for instance. And Koopa Troopas being strong enough to smash larger blocks is something that often nets high up 9-B to 9-A results assuming fragmentation is also consistent.

Last edited:
I don't think common fodder enemies should be effected too much; I don't think too many people take issues with casually stomping Goombas to be something that would grant At least 8-C for instance.
Well I mean it depends, fodder enemies have gotten 8-C results in some games but I doubt that will apply for all of them. For example the goomba page links to feats from Strikers and Oddysey, if in say 2D Platformers fodder enemies don’t manage higher than 9-C (purely hypothetical, idk what rating they could get), then you can’t scale to the separate group’s feats

Curious about the orbital fall feats from Mario Kart. I never thought about it, but if the implication is that Lakitu went and fetched them and brought them all the way back up to the track, isn't that a potential speed feat for Lakitu?

Curious about the orbital fall feats from Mario Kart. I never thought about it, but if the implication is that Lakitu went and fetched them and brought them all the way back up to the track, isn't that a potential speed feat for Lakitu?
Or a durability feat for the karters assuming they hit the Earth before they get caught

Also, a potential thing to calculate could be the energy needed to send Golden Mario in a Golden Kart (or anyone in the Golden karts tbh) high into the air, given how heavy gold typically is I think it could net some potentially impressive results for Mario Kart stats.

I know there's a good speed feat from Superstar Saga that characters from the M&L series can scale to, Mario and Luigi dodge a beam of reflected sunlight in the bean bean castle sewers I think, or somewhere else I can't remember the exact location the feat happens but it shouldn't be hard to find since it's happens during a mandatory puzzle.

I know there's a good speed feat from Superstar Saga that characters from the M&L series can scale to, Mario and Luigi dodge a beam of reflected sunlight in the bean bean castle sewers I think, or somewhere else I can't remember the exact location the feat happens but it shouldn't be hard to find since it's happens during a mandatory puzzle.
Color Splash has a pretty good lightning dodging feat, PM + ML might be consistently on that speed tier

It was discarded due to being an outlier but like, we’re already splitting Mario into a bunch of different game keys anyway.

M&L series Mario does have a solid Low 2-C feat scaling from base Antasma; though I'm still unsure about the 2-C to 2-B Dreamy Bowser. And it's consistent with Paper Mario also having a Low 2-C feat in Paper Mario. Though, Mephistus has calculated an FTL feat in Superstar Saga based on dodging real lasers that are actually just sunlight focused through a magnifying glass.

Also, there was a video showcasing what traveling through space at one lightyear/s looks like which there are cases of Paper Mario traveling comparable if not superior pacing in SPM. And later on, Mario piloting a star in Dream Team to move side to side also travels at comparable if not superior speeds as well. Mephistus also brought them up on Discord.

I disagree with 2-C to 2-B Dreamy Bowser, which I will wait to elaborate on until we're somewhat close to making those M&L profiles.

I think 2-B is fine, I went through the game and, assuming each living organism has a universe sized dream.
Dream Stone is at least 2000 unis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back