• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Jak and Daxter Revisions?

Absaddie said:
Could be an outlier though, unless someone wants to point out how it isn't.
Yeah I looked back at it again and he wasn't really dodging or moving at their speed, He has been slowed down by much slower things however out running bullets and possibly Explosions are more of his style.

Absaddie said:
He was indeed moving in tandem with it though I will say, not as fast as it but close.
Then again while he's abnormally swift you have to admit though there has been things he couldn't always get away with and now that I think about it moving at such speeds like this one (But only this one.) Now does seem more like an outlier. But hey at least he's now faster then he looks with some of these other revelations at play.

Speaking of that, since Ratchet & Clank and Sly Cooper got verse pages, maybe we would make one with more characters for Jak & Daxter when we're done?

Sounds fine. More representation is always good. Atm I'm trying to get Getter Robo feats calc'd so I can make pages for them though.

Absaddie said:
I only say possibly because I'm precautious with everything lol
So am I at times which is why I mentioned the possibility of "Contradictions." In the comments section, What I meant to say while I do like the calc somehow I have a hunch that one day it will get slightly downgraded or nerfed to building (+) Due to such a high rating even if it's consistent as vs wiki sometimes had a pet peeve habit in doing that.

Pardon if it didn't make sense at first.

Absaddie said:
There's plenty of height inconsistencies in-verse tbh she may be above 4'5, or not. I dunno.
It has to do much more then the height itself but rather other inconsistencies like for example Sly being High 8-C but still can't always get through tougher material physically that fits said description where as he finds another way then physicality alone another is gets knocked out by slightly below tier things you could argue right off the bat that it might be the result of "Plot Induced Stupidity." But nevertheless inconsistencies do happen in the series which is why I said sometimes it may not always be at a Large Building rank but rather somewhere around Building+ though if it gets High 8-C I guess it's fine.

Well Sly has been revised in the AP department (speed might come later).

In terms of Jak profiles there should be one for Baron Praxis, with two keys for scaling to normal Jak and one with the Precursor Stone with a High 6-A/5-B key.

Errol should have a key via scaling to normal Jak, and with his Terraformer he reaches City Level at least in Dura, maybe AP.

Gol and Maia's robot scale off Base Jak.

Ashelin and Sig scale off Base Jak.

Precursor Stone is High 6-A to 5-B

Kor scales off base and maybe Dark Jak.

Mizo with his car is comparable to Jak's Sand Shark which could hurt the Terraformer.

Duke Skyheed scales off Dark Jak, and with the Behemoth he was siphoning the energy of the planet so maybe High 6-A to 5-B for the Behemoth.

Metal Kaeden scales off Daxter.

And...I think that's it.

And also maybe the Ratchet profiles, add one for Captain Qwark and scale him to the rest of the main cast, since games like Full Frontal Assault and All 4 One show him as comparable.

JJSliderman said:
Well Sly has been revised in the AP department (speed might come later).

In terms of Jak profiles there should be one for Baron Praxis, with two keys for scaling to normal Jak and one with the Precursor Stone with a High 6-A/5-B key.

Errol should have a key via scaling to normal Jak, and with his Terraformer he reaches City Level at least in Dura, maybe AP.

Gol and Maia's robot scale off Base Jak.

Ashelin and Sig scale off Base Jak.

Precursor Stone is High 6-A to 5-B

Kor scales off base and maybe Dark Jak.

Mizo with his car is comparable to Jak's Sand Shark which could hurt the Terraformer.

Duke Skyheed scales off Dark Jak, and with the Behemoth he was siphoning the energy of the planet so maybe High 6-A to 5-B for the Behemoth.

Metal Kaeden scales off Daxter.

And...I think that's it.

And also maybe the Ratchet profiles, add one for Captain Qwark and scale him to the rest of the main cast, since games like Full Frontal Assault and All 4 One show him as comparable.
I look forward to all of this. If he we have High 6-A Jak then I sense a sizeable fight between a bald hero. (How he is depicted thus far.)

Well admittedly could be revised in terms of the Jak and Daxter high tier stuff, but really just scaling Qwark to the rest of the cast should be done.

JJSliderman said:
Well admittedly could be revised in terms of the Jak and Daxter high tier stuff, but really just scaling Qwark to the rest of the cast should be done.
I can not create profiles sadly someone else has to do it.

Considering Ratchet can hurt everything with just his wrench it really makes no sense why his AP is so low physically.

Absaddie said:
Sly can take hits from El Jefe's sword when imbued with lightning (which he calls upon from the sky, doesn't scale to speed though it's one frame) so Sly could survive lightning tier electricity.
Also how powerful is lightning tier electricity again?

Anomalous N I W D E said:
Absaddie said:
Sly can take hits from El Jefe's sword when imbued with lightning (which he calls upon from the sky, doesn't scale to speed though it's one frame) so Sly could survive lightning tier electricity.
Also how powerful is lightning tier electricity again?
About baseline building level but getting hit for just an instant wouldn't be building level specifically.

Clyde McReady said:
Mega bump because these games are my childhood and I'd happily contribute if asked.
So I must ask, Despite the suprisingly solid High 8-C AP why is he labeled as just Subsonic when he has dodged attacks from Rajan's electric staff among other consistent Supersonic based feats? Not to mention I think he and the rest of the gang have out ran explosions in cutscenes.

^I don't know, I have to agree with you, it seems pretty consitent to me that he's above that. He also has the Slow skill to help him react to things more easily though at the cost of his own speed. Add to that, didn't Dimitri shoot lasers at him in his boss fight? My knowledge is a bit rusty since the only game I had was the first one but that one alone has some good feats that get overlooked too.

Clyde McReady said:
Add to that, didn't Dimitri shoot lasers at him in his boss fight? My knowledge is a bit rusty since the only game I had was the first one but that one alone has some good feats that get overlooked too.
Dimitri wasn't shooting lasers at Sly but rather some other fast moving projectile of some kind. More or so I think Sly has some some Hypersonic maybe massively hypersonic based feats.

JJSliderman said:
Those weren't lasers, they were some kind of electric sparks or something.
Yeah that is what I said but you have to agree that Sly and the rest have to be so much faster then just Subsonic like the guy in his confrontation with Rajan he literally out jumped electrical based attacks which is blatantly Supersonic and Murray who's literally a tank also outran an explosion alongside Sly in the same heist.

If by explosion you mean the Cherry Bomb 500, Murray was decently far away from the blast.

I also tried testing the Rajan fight, and it usually isn't really possible to jump out of the way of the electricity after Rajan fires it, it moves too fast. You need serious reflexes to get a situation where it's calcable.

JJSliderman said:
If by explosion you mean the Cherry Bomb 500, Murray was decently far away from the blast.
I also tried testing the Rajan fight, and it usually isn't really possible to jump out of the way of the electricity after Rajan fires it, it moves too fast. You need serious reflexes to get a situation where it's calcable.
I'm still certain they are much faster then this however.

Back