• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jak upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried this awhile ago, but I figured I’d give it another go after thinking about it a little bit.

There are arguments that can get Jak and Daxter to planet level on a highball.

1: Precursor Stone

In Jak 2, it was established by numerous sources (namely Samos, who had a great attunement with the planet after gaining the life seed (1:14:48), and Vin, who had studied Precursor technology (1:21:07)), that the Precursor Stone was capable of destroying the world, and ending all life, if it was cracked open. And while Precursors were revealed to just be ottsels in Jak 3, they still possessed the capacity to create entire planets with their technology, and their dark counterparts, the dark makers, could destroy entire planets with their technology, based on the plot of Jak 3.

In terms of the Stone itself, Jak defeated the Baron’s spider mech amplified by the stone (4:02), and the stone itself actually has power within it, since it could be used to destroy the Metal Head nest entrance when fueling Mar’s gun (1:29:57). The stone likely draws its power from that of a Precursor, as the stone is a Precursor Egg (1:31:00), and in Jak 3 Jak dismantles hordes of Dark Makers, which are just precursors corrupted by dark Eco (0:52). So, Jak scales to Dark Makers, who are comparable to Precursors, which can seemingly amplify the Precursor Stone to reach planetary levels. Daxter himself is also a precursor (1:37:00), and can amplify himself further with Dark Daxter, so he would probably be on par with the Jak 3 Precursors at his peak.

2: The Terraformer

When you confront Errol in the war factory, he states that the power he gains from the Dark Makers would allow him to turn the world into a rock, or a floating slag puddle, or reduce it to complete oblivion (1:17:41). This lines up with previous precursor items being capable of worldly destruction, and helps boost the chances of the Precursor Stone being planetary AP as opposed to just life-wiping.

Then, in the endgame, Jak and Daxter reach the core of the Dark Maker ship, seeing about 7+ terraformers, and Daxter notes that “if these nasty things ever wake up, the planet’s finished!” (1:37:41). He specifically noted that if the Terraformers ever woke up, the planet would be finished, not the Dark Ship. Plus, given the weapon is literally called a “Terraformer”, it would make sense for it to be the main weapon for planetary alteration. We also know from earlier in the game that Dark Makers have wiped out entire planets, as Onin stated “It would not be the first time a planet was lost to the monsters” (1:19:34). So, Dark Makers clearly have the technology to terraform and destroy entire planets.

This is relevant because in the endgame, Jak and Daxter directly fight a Terraformer, and tank an explosion that completely wiped it out, showing they can stack up to technology that can destroy planets. Even if the effort was divided between all the Terraformers we see in the Dark Ship, it would still reach Small Planet tiers of power.

2.5: Terraformer KE

The Terraformer also survived crashing into the planet at meteor speeds with no visible damage (1:39:27), which given its size would result in a hefty amount of KE. Measuring just the dimensions of its torso, the pyramid part, I got its KE to be around 641.589 kilotons of TNT, but its extra legs added on could potentially push that into the small city range. Yet Jak and Daxter destroyed parts of its body, and tanked an explosion that completely wiped the Terraformer out (1:43:27). So them scaling off the Terraformer’s KE seems feasible.

3: Speed upgrades

After breaking through the palace ruins, Jak takes the Eco Rider to the core of the planet (1:08:17), dodging obstacles as he rides through the tube, and reaches the planet’s core from its surface in about 80 seconds (2:18). This makes the Eco Rider massively hypersonic, and Jak can pilot it successfully, so he should scale to that speed in reactions, along with Daxter.

Tl;dr: Jak gets a “possibly 5-B” added to his AP and durability due to scaling off of the Precursor Stone and Dark Maker technology that are capable of destroying planets, Daxter has shown himself comparable to base Jak due to one-shotting Metal Heads, so he can get the same rating in either his base or Dark Daxter forms, and both Jak and Daxter get an MHS upgrade.

In terms of the Stone itself, Jak defeated the Baron’s spider mech amplified by the stone (4:02)
The big thing here is that being amped by something isn't the same as scaling to its entire released power at once. A nuclear submarine wouldn't fully scale to the nuclear engines of the ship, since it's only using a fraction of the total energy to power itself.

This lines up with previous precursor items being capable of worldly destruction, and helps boost the chances of the Precursor Stone being planetary AP as opposed to just life-wiping.
There's no indication that I can see that this isn't an overtime feat. In order to be 5-B, you would need to destroy the planet in one shot. If its over an unknown period of time its just vaguely tier 6.
This is relevant because in the endgame, Jak and Daxter directly fight a Terraformer, and tank an explosion that completely wiped it out, showing they can stack up to technology that can destroy planets. Even if the effort was divided between all the Terraformers we see in the Dark Ship, it would still reach Small Planet tiers of power.
As before, it being called a Terraformer actually hurts the 5-B rating more than helps it. Since Terraforming implies it changes the planet over a period of time rather than instantly. Which is what is needed for 5-B.
After breaking through the palace ruins, Jak takes the Eco Rider to the core of the planet (1:08:17), dodging obstacles as he rides through the tube, and reaches the planet’s core from its surface in about 80 seconds (2:18). This makes the Eco Rider massively hypersonic, and Jak can pilot it successfully, so he should scale to that speed in reactions, along with Daxter.
While I get where you're coming from, my main worry is the multiple cuts at the start and end of the mission. Which implies stuff happened when we weren't looking.
Tl;dr: Jak gets a “possibly 5-B” added to his AP and durability due to scaling off of the Precursor Stone and Dark Maker technology that are capable of destroying planets, Daxter has shown himself comparable to base Jak due to one-shotting Metal Heads,
I think "possibly High 6-A" works more than 5-B. Since Terraforming defaults to that or 6-A when there isn't a given timeframe and its implied to be vaguely fast.

I won´t talk about Jak 2 because is the only one I have never played myself

But in Jak 3, the dark matters planned to use ALL the terraformers but Jak and Daxter destroyed the ship first so only one could land on the planet, if the plan was to use the whole army because is faster to use all at once, I don´t see the 5-B rating when it must be one single attack that blow up the planet

7-B via KE is fine and possibly 6-A or something like that could work but without a timeframe is very difficult to get this, because it could take days to that type of destruction or hours, so the vagueness of this is the main problem

Being fair I think the Precursor Stone would be a quick timeframe for it’s destruction, they say that simply cracking it open would end the world.

The big thing here is that being amped by something isn't the same as scaling to its entire released power at once. A nuclear submarine wouldn't fully scale to the nuclear engines of the ship, since it's only using a fraction of the total energy to power itself.

There's no indication that I can see that this isn't an overtime feat. In order to be 5-B, you would need to destroy the planet in one shot. If its over an unknown period of time its just vaguely tier 6.

As before, it being called a Terraformer actually hurts the 5-B rating more than helps it. Since Terraforming implies it changes the planet over a period of time rather than instantly. Which is what is needed for 5-B.

While I get where you're coming from, my main worry is the multiple cuts at the start and end of the mission. Which implies stuff happened when we weren't looking.

I think "possibly High 6-A" works more than 5-B. Since Terraforming defaults to that or 6-A when there isn't a given timeframe and its implied to be vaguely fast.
I agree that your argument should be better scaled

I understand this, but I still think the ship would probably be faster than subsonic regardless, so it would still be some kind of upgrade. I highly doubt that it would have taken anywhere close to, say, an hour to do. Maybe a few minutes is more feasible.

Being fair I think the Precursor Stone would be a quick timeframe for it’s destruction,
The Precursor stone has evidence for 5-B, it's just that I'm not sure if anyone actually fully scales to the stone. Praxis didn't even know that he was going to accidentally kill everyone because he didn't know much about the stone to my knowledge.

Plus making a bomb =/= scaling to a bomb. You would need to prove someone could survive or generate 5-B energies in order to scale to the precursor stone exploding.

My reasoning for scaling to the Stone is scaling to the Precursors, since the stone is a Precursor Egg and essentially exists solely to contain a Precursor, which Jak slaughters at least a hundred of in 3.

since the stone is a Precursor Egg and essentially exists solely to contain a Precursor,
Containing a Precursor to birth one isn't the same as scaling to a full release of its energy. Especially when the Metal Heads and Dark Makers defeated the Precursors and none of them are Tier 5 physically.

Idk why Jak would be weaker than the Precursor Stone by the time of 3, he can stack up to Precursor and Dark Maker tech fairly reliably.

But Terraformers are like, almost the peak of Dark Maker technology, specifically created for messing up planets.

Although, thinking about it, the stone being an egg might mean that it isn’t actually planet busting, so if Jak can get a possibly 6-A out of this I’d be satisfied.

I’d argue the terraforming would fall into the “vaguely fast” category, the way the characters talk about how they’d be finished as soon as the Terraformers awaken hints that it’s a more immediate threat, vs a long siege.

Terraformers can also seemingly do more than surface wipe, as Errol talked about bringing the planet to “complete oblivion”

The "possibly 6-A" stuff was accepted. The main issue is trying to scale the bike, but I guess "Possibly High Hypersonic" or something would work.

Alright, can the appropriate pages (Jak and Daxter themselves) be unlocked if they aren’t already?

Seeing as there’s only two pages for the verse, Jak and Daxter themselves.

Although I might make a couple more if they have enough content to justify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back