• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

๐—”๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜ ๐——๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ธ ๐— ๐—ฎ๐˜๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐——. ๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐˜† ๐— ๐—ฎ๐—ป

โ—‹ ๐ƒ๐€๐‘๐Š ๐Œ๐€๐“๐“๐„๐‘ : Is an energy substance created by Earl, the reason why Earl created it himself, is because according to the explanation that "if Innocence is white, then Dark Matter is black" which is where the Cube of Innocence (white) itself was created by The Maker, so that means Dark Matter (black) was created by Earl according to the reverse analogy which is also a battle story set, where there is only Earl and The Maker. Dark Matter is also used by Earl to create his troops which will continue to develop and evolve.

As explained earlier, Dark Matter is the basic aspect for making Akuma with the basic ingredients of "machine" "soul" and "despair", which means that Dark Matter itself affects the metaphysical aspects of the soul, and also the "dark sides" or negative emotional fluctuations of "all human beings" in the form of frustration, pessimistic life, lack of confidence, running away from reality (lying to yourself) all these bad events are used as "despair" energy which is then implemented into the spiritual aspect of "machine" which is combined with "soul" and becomes Akuma.Then the potential of the power of Dark Matter itself can be given to fellow family members of Noah, such as the Akuma who are in fact the Earl's creations from his Dark Matter can be used by other Noahs.

โ—‹ ๐‡๐€๐“๐‘๐„๐ƒ & ๐–๐ˆ๐‹๐‹๐๐Ž๐–๐„๐‘ : Hatred and Willpower, in Dgm's own fiction several times mentioned the condition of power whose source is influenced by these 2 things. For example, such as the explanation in the Dark Matter section, where the pressure nullify there is analogous to the nature of "dark & light" which will shut down until the stage "the truth never changes" or there is no possibility to fight it, provided that one's hatred or will is stronger as in the following Allen case, who with his "willpower" was able to create a possibility to escape Tyki's Dark Matter nullify pressure based on hatred.Then the moment when Skinn vs Kanda where he should have died, but with his "hated" he was able to rise once again from the dead, even though it was the help of Noah Memory.

TL;DR : Reactive Evolution, Conceptual type 3, Soul Manipulation, Power Scalling, Power Nullfication & Probability Manipulation

agree/disagree/neutral

I agree with Reactive Evolution, Soul Manipulation, and Power Nullification as these abilities are already on the Noah and Akuma profiles.

I don't agree with Conceptual Manipulation, Power Scaling (idk what you meant by this), and Probability Manipulation.

Conceptual Manipulation doesn't work here as the Soul, Mind, and Emotions within D.Gray-Man aren't these metaphysical constructs which fulfill our requirements for Type 3. While they can be considered as "metaphysical" under our general idea of what metaphysical describes in real life, we don't assume it's applicable under our standards for Conceptual Manipulation since all three of these things aren't inherently abstract, constructs which are immaterial, reside in the world of thought, and govern over properties which define reality. It's why not everyone who manipulates any of these three things is granted Conceptual Manipulation until they fulfill those requirements.

I can't comment on Power Scaling since I don't truly know what you meant by that.

Probability Manipulation doesn't work because Allen's Crown Clown isn't manipulating probability, it's just his willpower, and synchronization with his Innocence being high enough to overcome the destructive nature of Tyki's Dark Matter, and the damage it caused to his Innocence.

Deceived encapsulates my thoughts rather well. I think a good example of what Deceived is saying about CM type 3 is that the manipulation of emotions itself isnโ€™t grounds to say someone can manipulate the metaphysical governing concept, that can just be things like empathetic manipulation, etc etc. Rather the ingredients that comprise the akuma are more akin to โ€œphysicalโ€ items or building blocks for the creation of an akuma. Like itโ€™s not manipulating the โ€œdark side of the heart where despair arises from that resides in all humans governing despairโ€ itโ€™s manipulating the product, which is the despair produced.

Power scaling isnโ€™t an ability thatโ€™s just like what we do on this forumโ€ฆ character A > character B type shit.

What deceived said about the probability manip I agree with as well.

Me and Deceived went over something similar a few days ago regarding abstractions in the verse. I don't agree with Type 3 being added to Souls, but I will be making a thread regarding the Spiral of Life.

I agree with Reactive Evolution, Soul Manipulation, and Power Nullification as these abilities are already on the Noah and Akuma profiles.

I don't agree with Conceptual Manipulation, Power Scaling (idk what you meant by this), and Probability Manipulation.

Conceptual Manipulation doesn't work here as the Soul, Mind, and Emotions within D.Gray-Man aren't these metaphysical constructs which fulfill our requirements for Type 3. While they can be considered as "metaphysical" under our general idea of what metaphysical describes in real life, we don't assume it's applicable under our standards for Conceptual Manipulation since all three of these things aren't inherently abstract, constructs which are immaterial, reside in the world of thought, and govern over properties which define reality. It's why not everyone who manipulates any of these three things is granted Conceptual Manipulation until they fulfill those requirements.

I can't comment on Power Scaling since I don't truly know what you meant by that.

Probability Manipulation doesn't work because Allen's Crown Clown isn't manipulating probability, it's just his willpower, and synchronization with his Innocence being high enough to overcome the destructive nature of Tyki's Dark Matter, and the damage it caused to his Innocence.
I apologise in advance for my late response.

For the conceptual, I only copied the Jujutsu case because I thought it was similar.

What I mean by power scalling is that the potential power of Dark Matter can be shared between families, you don't have to bother thinking it's a hax but just an embedding if Dark Matter can be scaled.

That's precisely the reason I put "Willpower" which encompasses the possibility, because as Komui stated in the panel if the weakness of Innocence is Noah is like nature, which is stated that the truth will not change there referring to Allen's Innocence which will always lose because it is also stated "never use your Innocence again" but Allen can escape the pressure of Tyki's nature which is again stated as "the truth will not change" meaning that it is implied as the creation of possibilities, we must not always draw conclusions from explicit messages but also implied context. Oh yes Willpower here is obtained by the protagonist and Hatred is obtained by the antagonist.

Me and Deceived went over something similar a few days ago regarding abstractions in the verse. I don't agree with Type 3 being added to Souls, but I will be making a thread regarding the Spiral of Life.
I think the previous Noahs who existed as a collection of consciousness called Noah Memory could be a type 1 abstraction, they Noah Memories also had avatars like humanoids.

Deceived encapsulates my thoughts rather well. I think a good example of what Deceived is saying about CM type 3 is that the manipulation of emotions itself isnโ€™t grounds to say someone can manipulate the metaphysical governing concept, that can just be things like empathetic manipulation, etc etc. Rather the ingredients that comprise the akuma are more akin to โ€œphysicalโ€ items or building blocks for the creation of an akuma. Like itโ€™s not manipulating the โ€œdark side of the heart where despair arises from that resides in all humans governing despairโ€ itโ€™s manipulating the product, which is the despair produced.

Power scaling isnโ€™t an ability thatโ€™s just like what we do on this forumโ€ฆ character A > character B type shit.

What deceived said about the probability manip I agree with as well.
For CM type 3 and the meaning of power scalling I have explained in the reply section on Deceived as well as manipulation of possibilities.

This is being dealt with properly here.https://vsbattles.com/threads/d-gray-man-the-spiral-of-life.163645/#post-6326234

idk what's powerscaling suppose to mean here so I'll ignore it

idk about CM type 3

but the rest is fine
you could also probably add Supernatural Willpower in the mix here with how this hatred and Willpower can manifest unnatural things like the abilities you mentioned above. specially with Allen' Walker's explanation

idk what's powerscaling suppose to mean here so I'll ignore it

idk about CM type 3

but the rest is fine
you could also probably add Supernatural Willpower in the mix here with how this hatred and Willpower can manifest unnatural things like the abilities you mentioned above. specially with Allen' Walker's explanation
For powerscalling you don't need to be confused, there is no reference to the hax but just a label that Dark Matter can be shared.

For CM 3, I myself only took a similar case in Jujutsu Kaisen, which has a similar mechanism.

So in conclusion do you agree with "Willpower" and "Hatred" there affecting the possibility?. In Skinn's case, the phenomenon of him coming back to life is also unnatural, because in the general case, Noah has the tempo of reincarnation to come back to life, which in Skinn's case he lives once again because of the "hatred" generated.

Here I emphasize the manipulation of possibilities, so do you agree, Gin?
Hard disagree eorh probability manipulation. Tyki wasn't accounting for Allen's Sword of Exorcism which is super effective against entities like Tyki, damages his Noah Memory and powered by enhanced Innocence manipulation.

All Allen did was create a "possibility" (and i use this term very loosely, it's more akin to Tyki not having accounted for The Sword of Exorcism / created an opening.) via busting out something new which could temporarily change the tides of the fight that Tyki wasn't aware of. This isn't a literal example, if Allen could legitimacy manipulate probability he wouldn't have been stomped so easily by Tyki in his Noah form.

This is also ignoring the fact that for one, these are outdated scans and not the official ones. Secondly I'm failing to see where the probability stuff is stated.

Back