• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible God of War Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

When Helios is taken from the sky, we literally see the sun plunging from the sky and Gaia's narration confirms it. Later, Athena explains that Helios' temple is literally his Sun Chariot, which is pulled by his Fire Steeds and shines when Helios is on Earth.

God of War 3 retconned this, yes. I am simply going by what Chains of Olympus shows. Literally every God of War game contradicts the previous.

And you didn't. There's literally no way to get a proper timeframe from the time to Rhodes to Mount Etna.

When Helios is taken from the sky, we literally see the sun plunging from the sky and Gaia's narration confirms it. Later, Athena explains that Helios' temple is literally his Sun Chariot, which is pulled by his Fire Steeds and shines when Helios is on Earth.

When Helios died, the Earth was cloaked in shadows, so that's what Helios shining is referring to. The Sun Chariot is just a fancy-nickname.

What plunged from the sky was Helios in his god form. WOG has expanded on this and you have shown nothing to prove that it contradicts the game.

God of War 3 retconned this, yes. I am simply going by what Chains of Olympus shows. Literally every God of War game contradicts the previous.

So Helios's Chariot is not the sun.

So what's the problem with Planet-level God of War again? You have already agreed that anyone above Gaia scales to it, and you even said this on narutoforums:

"GOW's top-tier feats are Planet-level"

And you didn't. There's literally no way to get a proper timeframe from the time to Rhodes to Mount Etna.

Since you seem to understand Portuguese,here's the entire passage in the novels . As you can see, the entire "Turn back to Olympus" scene takes place a few seconds after Kratos leaves Rhodes. The novels even highlight that: "He could already see Olympus as he LEFT Rhodes".

So no, my calculations are not false.

As i've said multiple times, i'm not even arguing that GOW's Earth is far bigger than the real one. I'm merely proving that it's at least the same size as ours, bigger according to the actual facts. There's no reason for you to deny my calcs...

And the problem isn't Planet level, the problem is Planet level through incorrect assumptions. In Chains of Olympus, Helios' temple is the sun.

Helios's temple? Helios's temple is a mountain in the middle of nowhere, somewhere close to Greece.

If you're talking about his chariot, it's not the actual sun even going by Chains of Olympus.

The proof that it's not is the fact that Kratos uses it to travel to the Underworld, and it doesn't illuminate anything(otherwise Morpheus would have retreated) on that timeframe.

This is further proof that what actually fell from the sky was Helios's personification of the sun, not the actual thing.

Helios is stated to be the embodiment of the Sun. That's why his death covers the Sun with shadows. His chariot is literally nothing special.

The Sun Chariot is just a fun nickname. It's never shown to have sun-like properties, be it GoW Chains or GoW III. What, or more accurately who controls the Sun is Helios. Gaia even states this in the cutscene you provided.

It's not officially retconned, but there are different forms.

This is just my opinion, but maybe he just made a separate chariot so the Sun doesn't fall again.

Wikias are not reliable.

It's not retconned, because Helios's Sun Chariot was never the Sun to begin with. That was Helios's personification of the sun. This was clarified by WoG, and i have posted evidence suggesting such a thing.

"The Temple on which Kratos stood, was the sun chariot of Helios. The very chariot that the Fire Steeds pulled across the sky every day, allowing the brilliance of Helios to shine down upon all mankind." ―Gaia, Chains of Olympus

Wrong.

Athena clearly states that Helios was torn from the sky. Not the actual sun.

She also says that the chariot was driven into the Earth because Helios was not there to guide it to begin with. So once again, that was Helios's personification of the sun. Not the actual thing.

Perses crushes it to smithrens.

Also, the game shows Kratos driving the chariot back to where it once stood. So no, Helios didn't replace it. That is just usual GOW Wiki nonsense.

Helios is the personification of the sun. That's what fell from the sky.

His chariot is what he uses to drive across the world. That's it.

An object can't be the personification of another object.

Helios is the personification of the sun. Helios is a person who represents the sun and it's attributes.

Didn't the sun come first before Helios.

Firestorm808 said:
An object can't be the personification of another object.
Helios is the personification of the sun. Helios is a person who represents the sun and it's attributes.

Didn't the sun come first before Helios.
Helios is the son of Hyperion, who was also the Titan of the Sun before him. It's a hierarchy, not a matter of "coming-before-who"

So no, the sun coming before Helios doesn't matter. He's the personification of the sun.

Matthew Schroeder said:
The Temple of Helios is meant to literally be the sun in Chains of Olympus.
Copy-pasta:

"If you're talking about his chariot, it's not the actual sun even going by Chains of Olympus.

The proof that it's not is the fact that Kratos uses it to travel to the Underworld, and it doesn't illuminate anything(otherwise Morpheus would have retreated) on that timeframe.

This is further proof that what actually fell from the sky was Helios's personification of the sun, not the actual thing.

Helios is stated to be the embodiment of the Sun. That's why his death covers the Sun with shadows. His chariot is literally nothing special.

The Sun Chariot is just a fun nickname. It's never shown to have sun-like properties, be it GoW Chains or GoW III. What, or more accurately who controls the Sun is Helios. Gaia even states this in the cutscene you provided."

No, you're definitely wrong. Helios' temple is flown across the sky by the guidance of Helios and shines his light upon the world. When Helios is no longer there to guide it, it plummets to the Earth and the sky goes dark.

And Gaia outright says that the sun plummeted from the sky.

It is the Sun in God of War Chains of Olympus. It was retconned in GoW 3, but for Chains of Olympus, that's the cano.

Matthew Schroeder said:
No, you're definitely wrong. Helios' temple is flown across the sky by the guidance of Helios and shines his light upon the world. When Helios is no longer there to guide it, it plummets to the Earth and the sky goes dark.
And Gaia outright says that the sun plummeted from the sky.

It is the Sun in God of War Chains of Olympus. It was retconned in GoW 3, but for Chains of Olympus, that's the cano.
Helios uses it to shine his light, not the chariot's, upon the world. This is literally proven when Kratos uses the chariot to go to the Underworld and absolutely nothing gets illuminated in the middle of the way.

Gaia literally states that WITHOUT HELIOS, not his chariot, Morpheus could take over.

The sky goes dark because Helios, not his chariot, is no longer shining the light of the Sun from above.

That statement is expanded upon by WOG, and every single piece of evidence outside of that isolated, WOG-clarified statement proves the sun is not the chariot.

Without Helios because without Helios his chariot doesn't have light and doesn't fly across the sky, my dude.

It is the sun. Don't care about WoG

And I already said that the sun is not the temple in God of War 3, but in Chains of Olympus it is.

God of War has a flat Earth with a small sun in that game, and any Planetary feats in it are only High 6-A.

Without Helios because without Helios his chariot doesn't have light and doesn't fly across the sky, my dude.

So Helios is the actual Sun? Thanks for literally debunking yourself.

It is the sun. Don't care about WoG

You have literally no argument to suggest this other than your opinion.

Kratos using the Chariot to fly to the Underworld and illuminating absolutely nothing.

Please, just admit you're wrong. Do you even realize how ridiculous you sound, no offense, when you shrug every single piece of evidence off?

God of War has a flat Earth with a small sun in that game, and any Planetary feats in it are only High 6-A.

Absolutely not.

Once again, absolutely not.

The OP is wrong. You need to accept people disagreeing with you.

Kratos didn't illuminate the Underworld because Helios wasn't there to illuminate it. They explain it in the actual cutscene.

Literally you ommit context for nearly everything you say.

I have posted evidence of the GOW World being at, even with the greatest of the lowballs, the same size as ours.

I have posted an entire excerpt of the novels outright proving the Pegasus scene didn't cut to days later. It cut to mere moments later.

I have quoted this to you several times, and you literally ignored it.

I have posted gigatons of evidence of Helios being the representation of sun. You literally ignored and your magnificent response was "i don't care."

I literally posted a video of Kratos failing to illuminate the Underworld while using the chariot. Your response was "Helios wasn't there to illuminate it", which defeats your entire point to begin with.

Please.

Just admit you're wrong. You have literally replied zero times to my Pegasus debunk.

You have literally replied zero times to my calc.

Your argument for why it was false was..."because it was false."

I have shown and replied to every single thing of yours, while you shrug my evidence away.

You HAVE LITERALLY admitted to the Chariot being a retcon, and yet you continue to post it like it's evidence.

You outright insulted me. You even had to remove it.

I outright posted walls of text proving every single point.

You have absolutely nothing against my images.

You have not proven God of War's Earth is smaller than normal. I have proven it's at least the same size as ours.

You insulted me. I was kind and patient. I was never condescending to anyone on the thread.

You literally shrugged off my evidence and admited to your evidence being invalid due to it being retconned, and yet you're still using it. I never used retconned evidence.

I have quoted my debunks ccountless times. You ignore them.

You have literally no evidence for the Chariot thing; your only evidence was a statement that was clarified by WOG. I have statements and scenes from GoW III, as well as the Chariot failing to illuminate the world when used by Kratos.

You have posted vague and unhelpful stuff like "You're wrong. Your calcs are false". I have posted extensive confirmation and covered every single inch of my points. I never replied to any question with a vague "you're wrong".

Why don't you admit you're wrong?

Why did you admit that your evidence was invalitated by a later game if you were going to use it anyway?

Please, tell me.

The only person being rude right now is you being passive aggressive. You also are incapable of accepting people disagreeing with you.

You haven't debunked a single thing.

Matthew Schroeder said:
The only person being rude right now is you being passive aggressive. You also are incapable of accepting people disagreeing with you.
You haven't debunked a single thing.
Pegasus argument debunked by the novels: https://imgur.com/a/z6qoY

https://imgur.com/a/z6qoY

https://imgur.com/a/z6qoY

Until you answer my rebuttal, i will keep repeating this link.

You actually insulted me and ignored all of my arguments. I only accept people disagreeing with me when they have arguments.

Also:

Why did you admit that your evidence was invalitated by a later game if you were going to use it anyway?

Not only that, but you deliberatedly misinterpret my responses, or misinterpret them terribly.

The God of War world is the same size as ours by standard assumptions, it is not larger. Meanwhile you haven't posted gigatons of evidence, you were incapable of even understanding the premise behind my Helios argument and claimed I debunked myself when I didn't.

Also we don't know at which speeds Pegasus flew until the Island of Creation. Assuming that the world is literally meant to be sun-sized instead of that being an inconsistent and error is ridiculous wanking.

You actually insulted me multiple times. And I already gave my argument, but you seem incapable of listening to them so I don't see the point in continuing to argue.

Also, please don't treat me like an idiot by continuously repeating links and posting the same phrase multiple times in the same post. I am not dumb, I merely disagree with you, something you should accept.

And the point of I using evidence which is retconned is to prove that Helios nor Atlas have Planet level feats. They have High 6-A feats.

Your response to my wall of text with countless links: "It is the sun. Don't care about WoG"

It's not misrepresented, because i literally scrolled up and copied and pasted this.

Also we don't know at which speeds Pegasus flew until the Island of Creation.

I have said this many, many times by now.

The Pegasus confirmedly flew to Mount Etna in 4 minutes. The novels confirm it. You have failed to counter my rebuttal. I'm using canon to rebuke you. Your opinion is not above the novels, man.

Assuming that the world is literally meant to be sun-sized instead of that being an inconsistent and error is ridiculous wanking.

I have stated multiple times by now that my intention with that calc was to prove that the GOW Earth was definitely not any smaller than the Earth in mass, not to prove it was the size of the sun.

You actually insulted me multiple times

When did i call you stupid or an idiot?

When did i flat out ignore your points? I carefully read through all of your posts in order to not confuse you. I was very patient with you, while you literally insulted me for disagreeing with you.

And I already gave my argument, but you seem incapable of listening to them so I don't see the point in continuing to argue.

I could say the same thing about you, and i have the right to do that since you have failed to acknowledge at least four extremely important points of mine.

A rebuttal is not ignorance. I disagree with you while informing you why. You disagreed with one of my points by telling me that you didn't care about WoG. The difference between our points of view are clear enough.

Also, please don't treat me like an idiot by continuously repeating links and posting the same phrase multiple times in the same post. I am not dumb, I merely disagree with you, something you should accept.

I did that because i was extremely, extremely irritated by your continuous lack of arguments and rebuttals. I have since calmed down.

You disagree with me with no actual reason to do so. The opposite is not true.

And the point of I using evidence which is retconned is to prove that Helios nor Atlas have Planet level feats. They have High 6-A feats.

God of War 3 retconned that.

You have no real ground to stand on.

No, you have no real ground to stand on. High 6-A God of War is consistent. 5-B is pushing it.

MHS+ to Sub-Relativistic is consistent. FTL is pushing it.

"When did i call you stupid or an idiot?"

You are passive aggressive in virtually all your posts.

"When did i flat out ignore your points"

IMO, all the time. You read my arguments but you cannot accept them. It's either 100% your way or the highway.

Nothing proves Pegasus flying to Mount Etna in 4 minutes. Nothing proves that Kratos didn't take sleep breaks or whatnot in the 6 day trip, either.

And as you said, a rebuttal is not ignorance, yes. Which is why I'm surprised you seemed so misimformed about Helios or how the GoW World is. Either that or you lied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back