• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible God of War Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong.

I have already debunked Helios's Chariot crashing into the underworld. Kratos recovers it and uses it to fly out of the Underworld at the end of Chains of Olympus.

So no, GOW III retconned it. There's absolutely no "Helios may have gotten a new one"".

Perses crushes it on his hand, so the Chariot is not the Sun. Even if it was, that was retconned.

No. The Flat Earth is much deeper than the Real World. The oceans are so deep that they are able to swallow a 500-meter titan completely, with no trace of him even near the shorelines. There's no tiptoeing around this.

Mount Olympus is 9000 miles tall, and it starts on the Underworld and ends at the very top of the heavens. No tiptoeing.

The Flat Earth is at least as big the Real World. I have already posted my calculations, and i'll keep posting them until they are debunked without the use of:

"Your calculations are false because they are false and because they are false"

The Earth is either as big as the real one or its diameter is 200,000 times larger. I have already posted this several times, and nobody has been able to even touch it so far.

I'll not drop anything until my arguments are debunked without the use of a circular argument like "they are false because they are false".

I posted my calculation. Matthew's first response was: "the scene was cut."

I posted a scene from the novels completely debunking that. No response, just a countless stride of "your calculations are false'.

Right.

Still waiting on my Hermes evidence, by the way.

I think that Matthew makes sense, and that Kepekley23 seems to waste his time with repetition, so I would appreciate if the latter would drop the issue.

Matthew flat-out admitted to have been using retconned pieces of evidence in his argument, and when i confronted him about this, he didn't reply. Damaging his credbility.

I have quoted my Pegasus debunk several times while addressing him, and he has not replied to it at all, once again damaging his credibility.

Matthew's only response to my calculations outside of the debunked Pegasus stuff was "they are false because they are false", a vague and unhelpful circular argument.

I debunked his Underworld assertions. He dropped that.

I debunked his Sun assertions. His response was "i don't care about WoG. It's the Sun." No need to say anything.

Makes sense on what, again?

Our normal oceans could also easily swallow something 500 meters considering the average depth is over 3500 meters. Some shorelines even drop very quickly.

Also, 200,000 times larger diameter? Freaking what? You realize how outlandishly large that would make the planet, right? Do you really mean to claim that the diameter of the planet is over 17 times the distance from the Sun to the Earth???

MY BOI

This is a very long thread, and the arguments that keep it going seem unreasonable. Perhaps it should be closed?

@Assaltwaffle

I'm not really defending it being 200,000 times the diameter. I'm posting the calculation to prove that the Earth is definitely not any smaller than it is on real life, which is Matthew's point.

Swallowing something 500 meters tall to such unseen depths so close to the shorelines would require the ocean to be many thousand meters deep even near the shores. No ocean on the Earth is 3500m deep near the shores. Not one.

Also, GOW's Earth not being as deep as the real one is a completely unfounded assumption. It is flat, but that doesn't mean it's only a few meters deep. The concept art is merely demonstrating the disc.

@Antvasima

Don't close the thread right now.

Matthew flat-out ignored several of my points. Until he replies to them, the thread should be left open.

Assaltwaffle said:
Our normal oceans could also easily swallow something 500 meters considering the average depth is over 3500 meters. Some shorelines even drop very quickly.
Also, 200,000 times larger diameter? Freaking what? You realize how outlandishly large that would make the planet, right? Do you really mean to claim that the diameter of the planet is over 17 times the distance from the Sun to the Earth???

MY BOI
but not on near the shorelines.

Much like Subsonic Wall level God of War is ridiculous, Faster-Than-Light, Planet level (with Solar system-sized planet, no less) is also ridiculous.

I and others have already repeatedly debunked the claims that God of War has 5-B feats.

Atlas lifts the crust of the Earth / Flat Earth, that's High 6-A

Helios can destroy a flat Earth, that's High 6-A

Helios' death covers the world in dark clouds, that's High 6-A

Gaia messes up with continents and tectonic plate, that's also High 6-A.

I could go on and on.

@Antvasima

@Assaltwaffle

1. I posted a calculation proving the Earth was either orders of magnitude larger or it was the same size as the real one.

2. Matthew argumented against this by pointing out that the cutscene cut to an unquantifiable amount of time later.

3. I debunked that by showing the passage in the novels, which proves that it cut to mere seconds later, validating my calculations.

4. Matthew completely failed to reply to this, despite me quoting it several dozens of times.

5. Matthew's fabulous argument, and i quote, "No. Your calculations are false."

"Why?"

"Your calculations are false"

When he finally replied to my debunk:

"It is false because the scene had a cut in it'. Despite me already debunking that.

He was caught flat-out ignoring my rebuttals. When i pointed this out, he returned to ignoring my rebuttals.

This is not the behavior of someone who is right. He's not confirmedly right just because people agree with him. You can't ask me to drop it because you think he is right.

This is not the only time this happened either.

Matthew flat-out stated himself that his arguments had been retconned by God of War 3, and yet he kept using them.

I pointed this out to him, and his response was "the point of using RETCONNED arguments is to prove that the sun is small".

Once again, he was flat-out caught ignoring not only my rebuttals, but himself, since he literally admitted to have been using retcons.

The thread can't be closed because you agree with someone whose point of view doesn't match with mine. That literally goes against the rules you set up yourself.

It can indeed be closed because your arguments have been debunked over and over, but you refuse to accept them, and then you twist and turn the counter arguments to make it seem like you haven't been debunked.

Your upgrades won't go through.

Matthew Schroeder said:
It can indeed be closed because your arguments have been debunked over and over, but you refuse to accept them, and then you twist and turn the counter arguments to make it seem like you haven't been debunked.
Your upgrades won't go through.
Once again.

1. Please debunk my Pegasus rebuttal.

2. Please debunk my Hermes rebuttal.

3. Please debunk my "the depth is the same" rebuttal.

4. Please clarify to us why you are pretending retconned arguments are still valid when they have been retconned.

You also have not replied to any of my FTL stuff. You saying it's not valid is not evidence when you haven't even read it.

I already did 1 through 3, you just don't accept it.

The point of 4. is that you are saying Helios is 5-B using feats from a game where destroying the world is a High 6-A feat.

And as for the FTL stuff. Multiplayer Fighters getting a fraction of a God's power becoming FTL is obviously inconsistent. That would make everyone and their mother FTL.

I was going to maybe accept it given the "Hermes dodges Helios' light" argument, but seeing the actual thing in-gameplay, Hermes doesn't dodge anything, he just no-sells the flash of light.

The bosses are simply immune to Helios' light flash to not make the fight too easy, just like they are immune to Medusa's petrification.

Plus world is kinda a lose term but from what Matt says even assuming it meant the entire planet it would still only be high 6-A in this case

Matthew Schroeder said:
The point of 4. is that you are saying Helios is 5-B using feats from a game where destroying the world is a High 6-A feat.
Once again, you claimed to have debunked my stuff.

Please link the posts where you have done that. I linked my debunks when you asked for them. Why are you not doing the same for me?

You didn't debunk my Pegasus rebuttal. You initially did it, but i replied with evidence from the novels proving you wrong. You have not counter-argumented against this:

Since you seem to understand Portuguese,here's the entire passage in the novels . As you can see, the entire "Turn back to Olympus" scene takes place a few seconds after Kratos leaves Rhodes. The novels even highlight that: "He could already see Olympus as he LEFT Rhodes".

So no, my calculations are not false.

You didn't debunk my Hermes rebuttal. I replied to your doubts and you simply left the thread for a while. Link your debunk.

How have you debunked the depth rebuttal when i posted it 15 minutes ago? You have been caught ignoring my rebuttals, and this time you can't pretend you have already debunked it.

Also, no. If the evidence has been retconned, it is no longer valid. You said this yourself:

"God of War 3 retconned this, yes. I am simply going by what Chains of Olympus shows. Literally every God of War game contradicts the previous." - You

Matthew Schroeder said:

And as for the FTL stuff. Multiplayer Fighters getting a fraction of a God's power becoming FTL is obviously inconsistent. That would make everyone and their mother FTL.

I was going to maybe accept it given the "Hermes dodges Helios' light" argument, but seeing the actual thing in-gameplay, Hermes doesn't dodge anything, he just no-sells the flash of light.

The bosses are simply immune to Helios' light flash to not make the fight too easy, just like they are immune to Medusa's petrification.
i thought you accept 5-B gaia ?

Meu deus cara, por favor para. Ninguem concorda com voc├¬ e voc├¬ só discute atraves da exaust├úo.

Ninguem mais aguenta discutir com voc├¬ porque a conversa é uma repeti├º├úo infinita.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Meu deus cara, por favor para. Ninguem concorda com voc├¬ e voc├¬ só discute atraves da exaust├úo.
Ninguem mais aguenta discutir com voc├¬ porque a conversa é uma repeti├º├úo infinita.
Errado.

Eu pedi por links de seus debunks. Por quê do nada está dizendo que sou exaustivo quando prometeu mandar os links de onde vc me refutou?

Voce acabou de provar que n├úo é capaz de me refutar.

Boa.

N├úo cara, eu j├í te refutei varias vezes. Voc├¬ só n├úo aceita porque n├úo consegue admitir que discordem de voc├¬.

Nas duas threads, inclusive.

Matthew Schroeder said:
N├úo cara, eu j├í te refutei varias vezes. Voc├¬ só n├úo aceita porque n├úo consegue admitir que discordem de voc├¬.
Nas duas threads, inclusive.
Se refutou, então me diga como me refutou ou pelo menos os links.

Pq sempre quando eu disse ter te refutado, eu mandava o link de onde isso tinha acontecido.

Voc├¬ até agora n├úo.

Ali├ís, seu ponto de "todos os bosses poderem desviar da luz do Hélios" é falso.

The author statement on Facebook is utterly meaningless if in the actual game Helios doesn't dodge shit.

The question is basically begging for a specific answer. We don't accept author statements which contradict the series here.

Matthew Schroeder said:
The author statement on Facebook is utterly meaningless if in the actual game Helios doesn't dodge shit.
The question is basically begging for a specific answer. We don't accept author statements which contradict the series here.
Since when did Hermes not dodge anything?

I clearly showed the scan.

Show me why it contradicts the series when Hermes is literally so much faster than anyone else that it's not even funny.

This is turning very tiresome.

Are you certain that you have validly responded to all of his arguments Matthew?

Matthew Schroeder said:
Since always.
Hermes is also not faster than everyone since Kratos reacts to him in combat. Hermes is faster in running, that's it.
I'm talking about Hermes's travel speed. Hermes can run so fast that he can run across large distances before Poseidon is even able to react to that.

Hermes's combat speed is much lower than his travel speed. I've conceded this point. However, via feats, it's still FTL since he dodged the Light of Helios, faster than normal light since it illuminated the Underworld in a second, a feat that no one else in the game is capable of

just don't take this discussion to the heart. We know this is very tiresome. But hey, so far this is the most enjoyable discussion IMO. we can take a break if we want to, but just don't lock the thread please :)

I agree with Matthew tbh.

Also the video does show Hermes being touched and heck Kratos can even react to him like Matthew said

Antvasima said:
This is turning very tiresome.
Are you certain that you have validly responded to all of his arguments Matthew?
Yes, it's just an endless discussion. It's just as bad as VoidReaper.

Okay. Perhaps we should close this thread, and order Kepekley to permanently drop the subject? We do not have limitless time and energy after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back