• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible God of War Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not allowed to, since most of the forum agrees with GOW Gods being at the bare minimum Multi-Continental.

Void Reaper thinks God of War is like, Tier 8, and that the fastest character is Subsonic. That's just derailing things.

A few feats people didn't seem to notice:

Gaia moves entire continents by taking a sigh, while in her massively weakened Spirit Form.

Gaia causes giant cracks to appear all over the continents of the world, still in her Spirit Form...by STIRRING.

So Gaia, while massively weakened due to being limited to her Spirit Form, is a hyper-casual Multi-Continent level character WITH A SIGH.

Gaia is also the embodiment of the Earth and confirmed to be nigh-omnipresent, to the point where she can spy on the Olympians without them knowing.

Atlas, once again, is confirmed to be able to balance the entire world(not the crust) with a single hand if he wanted to. This same panel also confirms that Atlas can exhert the same strength in crushing Kratos as he can into lifting the earth, which proves his AP is = his Lifting Strength. It's also further proof of Planet-level gods &

GOW being Planet-level is consistent.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
Well, isn't the Earth in GoW flat? I mean, is being or destroying the world even a 5-B feat?
Yes, because i have posted evidence of GOW'S Earth being at least the same size as ours above.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
Who all would scale to Gaia?
People who would scale to Gaia:

Atlas(who is stated to be the strongest Titan)

Cronos(who is stated to be nearly the strength of Atlas)

Zeus(obviously)

Kratos(obviously)

Hades and Poseidon(they are about equal to Atlas)

Possibly Ares(he is stated to be fourth strongest Olympian after Hades, Poseidon and Zeus). However, he will be undeniably updated to Multi-Continent+ due to being superior to Helios

Matthew Schroeder said:
Hercules is stronger than Hades and Poseidon. He gave a lot more trouble to Kratos than either.
That depends on how well you play, but yes, he should be at least equal to them.

So to be sure the above tweet said the novels were secondary canon nothing you've used from them contradicts the game in any way right?

Matthew Schroeder said:
That doesn't make them Reality Warpers. It's just that their illusions are a real threat to Kratos.
well, they imprisoned many people on ageaon. So their illusion are real threat for everyone who break the bonds with the gods.

Andika CL atmadja said:
Matthew Schroeder said:
That doesn't make them Reality Warpers. It's just that their illusions are a real threat to Kratos.
well, they imprisoned many people on ageaon. So their illusion are real threat for everyone who break the bonds with the gods. include ageaon itself

so i think the furies has some degree of matter manipulation since they turning ageaon into living prison

Matthew Schroeder said:
Those statues don't prove those are the six strongest Olympians. They are just all the Olympians with designs.
Actually, Hermes and Artemis already had designs before the statues, and yet they aren't there.

As per the GOW Ascension Multiplayer, 4 of the 6 statues represent the strongest gods(Zeus, Poseidon, Hades and Ares are confirmed to be the strongest gods on Olympus), so it isn't farfetched at all to assume that the other two represent a top 6.

Especially when they have feats such as jumping from the 13.6 kilometer tall Olympus all the way to Athens in an instant, and being capable of destroying the world.

Andika CL atmadja said:
how about sister of fate ?
The Sisters have insane speed feats in the novels.

I'll post them in a few minutes. I'm currently gif'ing a video of Hermes dodging Helios's sunlight, an explicitly FTL feat.

EDIT:

Here it is .

The Sisters's speed feats(each number is a feat):

As the image itself says: "The Fates monitor and micro-manage the threads of fate of the entire world. They have so many threads that each thread is connected to some point in the world. This is an insane reflex/multi-tasking speed feat and they do it all in real time."

This confirms that the previous statement is not hyperbole at all. They control the destinies of not only every human and deity, but also the destinies of all animals, be it land or water. In other words, the Fates control the birth, death and choices of every entity in the world.

Even better; it's stated to be meticulous and complex, which means they are not rushing anything. They are taking their time, which makes the feat itself even more insane.

To top it off: See the circled statement at the end? They can control the destiny of the landscape as well. This means they can control Planet Earth itself.

This is further suggested here.

Jesus.

Clotho spins countless fates and talks with Lahkesis at the same time. Once again, it's a consistent feat.

Atropos controls the fate of the Nile. Meticulously. Yet another evidence that the Fates can control the planet

Matthew Schroeder said:
I could definitely see High 6-A scaling from Helios for lower Gods and 5-B scaling from Gaia for Top Tiers.
I am personally fine with this.

So, the top tiers are:

- Atlas

- Gaia

- Zeus

- Hades

- Poseidon

- Cronos

- Kratos

- Hercules

- The Sisters of Fate

With the following mid-tiers being updated to "High 6-A, perhaps 5-B":

- Helios

- Ares

- Athena

If i'm correct.

What do you guys think about the following profiles being updated to Country-level?

- Persephone

- The Furies

When will we apply the upgrades again?

Matthew has stated that he is too busy right now, IIRC.

I promised to post the FTL stuff soon, so here it is.

Please, don't dismiss this because you think it "is not possible". Revise it carefully; i'll also refute a few misconceptions while i'm at it.

I know Matthew rejected some of the FTL stuff in the old thread, but i will answer any doubts at the speed of light(heh).

I'll also update the O.P to include this after i'm done writing.

Hermes Travel Speed:

- Hermes's travel speed is really, really insane.According to the lore, Hermes is the bringer of the dreams and the god who guides the souls of the dead down to the underworld. When i originally presented this, some people claimed that this might have been something he did passively with his existence. However, this is far from true. WOG has confirmed that Hermes actually has to run in order to do this. It wasn't even necessary, since the lore makes use of the words "guides" and "brings", suggesting movement.

- Thanks to the novels, we actually know how many people are guided to the underworld each second. The number is well into the hundreds. In our world, two people die each second. The number is a few orders of magnitude larger on God of War, which further proves that the God of War is so big in span that it can support hundreds of people dying each few seconds, making AT LEAST as big as our world.

- Even if we assume only 200 people are guided there each second, it's still a really insane feat. Hermes has to travel and run to the entrance of the Underworld and come back to Olympus each second, while coordinately delivering hundreds of souls to the chasm each time. Going by mere logic, this feat is M'FTL.'

Hermes's Travel Speed - MFTL via a massive lowball

Scales to:

- Pretty much nobody. He's plainly stated by WoG to be infinitely faster than any other god in the verse. Possibly the Sisters of the Fate due to their ultra-insane multitasking, but that's it, i guess?

Hermes's Combat Speed

-As i said above, Hermes is capable of dodging the Head of Helios , a light so fast that it could illuminate the Underworld, which is massively bigger than the already-really-big-Earth by virtue of statements and concept arts, in a mere moment. Therefore, Hermes is quite faster than light.

-The feat above is clarified by WoG as being deliberate . So no, it's almost impossible to downplay this.

Hermes's Combat Speed - FTL+

Debunking Misconceptions:

Misconception #1: Hermes was tagged by a catapult, so the first feat is an outlier and contradicts the games.

Rebuttal: Absolutely not. Hermes was cornered and had no way to go. Furthermore, if we assume the low-end to be true, we have to assume even the fastest god on God of War is only Subsonic in speed, which massively contradicts everything else.

Misconception #2: Hermes's travel speed is shown to be only somewhat bigger than Kratos's halfway through GoW III. How the heck can he be MFTL?

Rebuttal: Hermes was quite clearly toying around with Kratos. Not only does he openly taunt Kratos countless times, but this is further proven when you realize that he was infected by Hubris after Pandora's Box was opened by Kratos.

Scales to:

- Pretty much every top tier, from Kratos all the way down to Athena.

There is a lot, l~~ot more, but i'll separate the posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back