• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible God of War Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stuff about Hermes bringing souls to the Underworld is nonsense and has never been confirmed or shown in the actual game. It's more likely that it is a passive act that doesn't require Hermes to physically do it, just like Poseidon keeps the waves in check, etc.

Helios' light is Lightspeed, you cannot affect Hermes with it, yes. That would be FTL, maybe.

I still prefer Sub-Relativistic.

Matthew Schroeder said:
The stuff about Hermes bringing souls to the Underworld is nonsense and has never been confirmed or shown in the actual game. It's more likely that it is a passive act that doesn't require Hermes to physically do it, just like Poseidon keeps the waves in check, etc.
Helios' light is Lightspeed, you cannot affect Hermes with it, yes. That would be FTL, maybe.

I still prefer Sub-Relativistic.
I already explained that on my post:

When i originally presented this, some people claimed that this might have been something he did passively with his existence. However, this is far from true. WOG has confirmed that Hermes actually has to run in order to do this. It wasn't even necessary, since the lore makes use of the words "guides" and "brings", suggesting movement.

Hermes is confirmed to be the fastest god in the verse by far, and there's nothing contradicting him being so far above the others.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Except this feat is never ever shown in any GoW media and is only mentioned in the GoW 1 Manual.
Lore feats are a thing(PJO: Greek Gods comes to mind). I don't know why you're so adamant against this when Hermes is literally stated to be much, much faster faster than anyone else.

EDIT: Zeus hurling Mount Etna at Typhon is never shown anywhere in the God of War media either. It's simply stated twice in the background lore. Still true.

Also, that's Hermes's travel speed, not his combat speed. None of the characters are MFTL in Travel Speed, only Hermes. The rest of the verse is pretty much Sub-Relativistic on travel speed, with their combat speeds being somewhere between FTL and FTL+ as i will prove below.

Thank you for helping out with this Matthew.

Antvasima said:
Thank you for helping out with this Matthew.
No worries. Between this and some DB profile edits, are pretty much all the impending revisions I have left midway through. Then I will be able to move onto projects I haven't started yet.

Okay. Thanks again.

(Our Marvel pages have very incoherent statistics, as you know, so that would be a good focus.)

I'm kinda confused about the planet level rating.

Helios has the power of the sun and is capable of destroying the world, but what is the definition of "the world." The word planet is never used.

Considering that Atlas is lifting the world, I would assume that the general GOW world is Multi-continent in size. The rest of the assumed planet is below Atlas. Taking into account the size of a Titan, the diameter of the assumed Earth is still very large in comparison. This is also not taking into account the lands of the Norse Gods in the next game.

Are we sure that we're not misinterpreting the use of the word "world"?

lands of norse gods has completely different cosmology/reality. So it should be seperated from greek world. they even said kratos will explore nine world of norse myth. So very contradict.

also you should read @kepekley23 argument. He has good points why greek world (underworld excluded) has comparable size to our earth.

I concur with Firestorm808, the world is supported by many formations as that artwork of the disc shows, its absoultely impossible to find its mass with any value of accuracy, I wont beat the dead horse with the other points as I agreed to drop them but this hermes thing being FTL makes no sense, we have no idea from that scene if he even dodges it or if it just does not affect him, visually he barely moves and the light touches all of him in the space he stands.

Hermes may just be resistent to the watered down "severed" helios head, hell the other gods may be too. He is going very slow there, subsonic tops to be generous, and can be tagged by more or less everything else including arrows. I proved even uninjured he was not moving more than subsonic with evidence from the games.

Also Hercules is hardly a top tier just because he apparently gave Kratos trouble, he was beaten to a pulp on a stone floor. That is not high force, if it were the stone would have broken in the first swing. He proved at most building to room levels of strength.

Well we are shown that the Gods strength and hax seem to be taking on the Titans with successes but having a weapon that ends the war in one swing and break the stalemate is a great tool to have. other than that based on hades wrestling Titans to the ground, they are fairly equal, if not stronger than Titans (I say they, Hades is at least) in their full sized god forms.

The world only has one Pillar. The Artwork is just representative. They never mention the existence of multiple pillars in-game.

Also VoidReaper, please stop using argument from apparent speed.

Yes, Hermes appears slow but that is because the game is from Kratos' perspective and we need to be able to control him.

The arrows that hit Hermes are from Apollo's Bow, which should at least be as fast as Artemis' arrows which are described as being fast as a bolt of lightning.

So the Subsonic argument completely falls apart.

That's a bit unquantifiable.

Also, the God of War world is definitely not smaller than our world AT ALL. There's gigatons of evidence that it's actually much, much bigger.

The Pegasus takes 3-5 minutes to fly from Rhodes to Mount Etna, Typhon's prison. This means it can travel at Mach 15. Yet this same Pegasus takes about six days to get from Mount Etna to the Island of Creation, which is at the edge of the world. Doing a calculation, this means the Island of Creation is 2,550,000 kilometers away from Mount Etna.

That is 200,000 times the diameter of the Earth.

That is well over 10,000 times the diameter of Jupiter.

That is almost 2 times the diameter of the Sun.

And no, the Island of Creation is not in another dimension or something like that. Remember the Island of Rhodes website i posted above? It tells us that the Island would fall off had Cronos not chained it to position in a desperate attempt to change his fate.

The only reason why i didn't present this evidence earlier is because the fanboys would derail the thread.

So no. The God of War Earth is at the very damn least the same size as ours, with the evidence itself suggesting otherwise. I'm purposedly downplaying the verse just to entertain you guys.

EDIT: Pegasus argument debunked: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1014976#113

I already proved that the Pegasus argument is false.

The God of War Earth is not the size of the Sun.

Please, both of you, stop beign biased. This is why the old thread went nowhere, people were either interpreting things too high or too low.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I already proved that the Pegasus argument is false.
The God of War Earth is not the size of the Sun.

Please, both of you, stop beign biased. This is why the old thread went nowhere, people were either interpreting things too high or too low.
When?

I sure don't remember that.

And i'm not being biased at all. I replied to literally every single questio about my point of view as concisely as i could, with evidence from the lore and the media.

EDIT: And i never said the Earth was actually that big. I was just providing evidence for my claims. I proved that it's impossible for the Earth to be smaller than it is in real life. This is further evidenced by the scene where Kratos falls to the Underworld alongside, and i quote, "hundreds of men and women" in a single second.

I'm not going to stop replying to the people wanting more interesting stuff from the lore just because VoidReaper is derailing the thread.

As said above, i will not stop responding to the people who want me to post stuff from the lore. That's nonsensical, and it would literally invalidate everything we've accomplished on this thread.

Well, it is up to Matthew to decide which parts of this that seem reliable.

Antvasima said:
Well, it is up to Matthew to decide which parts of this that seem reliable.
That might be true, but i have answered most, if not all of his doubts regarding my POV, including the speed of some characters, and he doesn't seem to have replied back.

He is very busy with several different tasks, as am I. There are limits to how much we can do.

The thing is that it is a very repetitive discussion.

"The God of War Earth is sun-sized because X"

"No it isn't because X is wrong,*Explains why*"

"No, it is rght, the God of War Earth is sun-sized because X"

Arguments go back and forth here.

is Pegasus really takes 3-5 minutes to fly from Rhodes to Mount Etna? because there are cutscene in the game. Unless in novel it tell us something to do about cutscene in the game.

@Matthew

Are you able to handle any potential revisions at this point, or should the task be pushed to the future, and this thread closed?

Antvasima said:
@Matthew
Are you able to handle any potential revisions at this point, or should the task be pushed to the future, and this thread closed?
Weekend is coming so I'll be able to do it, yes.

Uh uh.

pg. 69-70 of the God of War II novel.

"Just moments before, the wings of the Pegasus had been mere sparks. They were now a full-blown fire"

I have the Portuguese version of the novels, so i had to translate this excerpt.

The scene cut also implies such a thing. Why would Kratos tell the Pegasus to turn back to Olympus so much time later?

I'm also not actually defending the idea of a Sun-sized Earth. I'm just proving that it's literally IMPOSSIBLE for the God of War Earth to be smaller than the real one. The novels, the lore and the games all imply it to be bigger, and i'm literally lowballing the verse just to convince you guys.

Antvasima said:
@Matthew
please don't lock the thread. :(

Don't lock it.

I'll keep answering questions about the lore and the feats. It'd be a waste to lock the thread right now when it still has a lot of potential.

Kepekley23 said:
Uh uh.
pg. 69-70 of the God of War II novel.

"Just moments before, the wings of the Pegasus had been mere sparks. They were now a full-blown fire"

I have the Portuguese version of the novels, so i had to translate this excerpt.

The scene cut also implies such a thing. Why would Kratos tell the Pegasus to turn back to Olympus so much time later?

I'm also not actually defending the idea of a Sun-sized Earth. I'm just proving that it's literally IMPOSSIBLE for the God of War Earth to be smaller than the real one. The novels, the lore and the games all imply it to be bigger, and i'm literally lowballing the verse just to convince you guys.
Cool. So what do you think @Matthew Schroeder ?

Also, the arguments did not go back and forth Matthew. You said you had debunked my evidence, a very vague claim, and i asked you when. That was not a circular statement; that was a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back