• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible God of War Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop derailing the thread, Js2504.

No, you have no real ground to stand on. High 6-A God of War is consistent. 5-B is pushing it.

No counters to my OP, which is evidence of 5-B God of War. You literally stated on narutoforums and here that the top of tiers of God of War had Planet-level feats.

MHS+ to Sub-Relativistic is consistent. FTL is pushing it.

A "rebuttal" without evidence is fallacy.

I proved Hermes delivered the souls of the dead down to the underworld. I also provided WoG evidence suggesting he had to run in order to do this, and i also provided evidence of him being stated to be EONS faster than anyone else in the verse, proving it's not an outlier.

You are passive aggressive in virtually all your posts.

Two posts near the end of the thread are not virtually all of my posts.

IMO, all the time. You read my arguments but you cannot accept them. It's either 100% your way or the highway.

I can, and have, easily flipped this sentence back into you and you have not countered it.

Nothing proves Pegasus flying to Mount Etna in 4 minutes.

He flies to it in the game in 4 minutes.

Your only counter-argument against this, "the scene had a cut in it", was refuted by the novels.

You have once again been caught ignoring my arguments.

Nothing proves that Kratos didn't take sleep breaks or whatnot in the 6 day trip, either.

https://imgur.com/a/FuTDi

"Kratos grew weak from the lack of food and water"

No.

And as you said, a rebuttal is not ignorance, yes. Which is why I'm surprised you seemed so misimformed about Helios or how the GoW World is. Either that or you lied.

GOW III retconned your evidence. You have acknowledged this yourself.

I never lied. Each letter of my post is linked with WoG, lore and the games.

Js2504 is not derailing anything. He is just agreeing with me rather than you. I doubt you'd say he was if he was supporting you.

The only evidence for Tier 5 God of War is Gaia's feats from the novel which could be interpreted as 5-B, but are mostly tied to surface stuff like the ground and continents.

All the feats you say are 5-B are actually High 6-A. And don't bring up Multiplayer Atlas swinging a hammer that has the weight of the Earth. The KE of such a thing would be like, High 5-A, which is an outlier.

You also never proved anything with Hermes.

Literally the next line that says that Kratos had no food or water mentioned that they took multiple breaks on islands too drink and rest. Thanks for destroying your own argument.

Let's both calm down and discuss everything concisely. I admit i got really angry with you for a moment, but that was because you flat-out ignored several points of mine. Let's just calm down and discuss the feats instead of bickering.

Js2504 is not derailing anything. He is just agreeing with me rather than you. I doubt you'd say he was if he was supporting you.

Claiming that i'm probably lying is derailing the thread. Every single claim of mine is linked. And no, i would still say that if he was supporting me. I already did that before once in the old thread.

The only evidence for Tier 5 God of War is Gaia's feats from the novel which could be interpreted as 5-B, but are mostly tied to surface stuff like the ground and continents.

~While massively weakened and hyper-casually*

The GOW Earth is as big as ours. Check.

Atlas holds it and was stated to be able to do so with a single hand if he so needed. Check.

A massively weakened Gaia breathes and moves entire continents, plural, a feat with massive powerscaling potential. Check.

Gaia does something a little bit above breathing, stirs, and causes enormous cracks to appear in the continents of the world. Check.

Atlas completely tanked the destruction of the top floor of the World Pillar, which held all of creation from above. Check.

Atlas's lifting strength = his AP. Check.

Kratos is strong enough to exhert Planet-level strength by pushing Atlas's fingers back. Check.

You agreed with all of this. Check

All the feats you say are 5-B are actually High 6-A. And don't bring up Multiplayer Atlas swinging a hammer that has the weight of the Earth. The KE of such a thing would be like, High 5-A, which is an outlier.

Since Atlas can hold the world even with a fourth of his strength(he is stated to be able to do so in the novels), and even after Poseidon generates a flood that goes all the way to at least a fifth of Olympus, and Helios further increasing this by generating a thunderstorm that floods the Earth all the way to the top of Olympus as seen here, him having 5-A lifting strength is not all that farfetched, since he is still lifting the Earth when the water levels rise to this point.

But this is not something he can use in battles, so this is moot. I was just making a point.

You also never proved anything with Hermes.

You didn't reply to my rebuttal, so by default, i proved it.

Literally the next line that says that Kratos had no food or water mentioned that they took multiple breaks on islands too drink and rest. Thanks for destroying your own argument.

Swooping low is not taking a break. Kratos literally mentions that the pegasus was as driven as he was, so those breaks were minuscule in size.

By the virtue of the Earth's size being the same, they are not.

Helios is literally stated to be able to destroy the world.

Atlas tanks the World Pillar.

Atlas is capable of lifting the world, same size as ours, with 1/4 of his strength.

Atlas's LS = his attack potency is stated.

Atlas's hammer = weight of the world.

Kratos is able to hold back Atlas's fingers.

Planet-level God ot War is fine, and lots of people have agreed with this.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Flat Earth = High 6-A.
You don't get this concept.
Flat Earth = at least as big as the actual one, if not larger via the calcs.

You don't get this concept, either.

Claiming my calcs are false is not evidence.

"The calcs are false because they are false"

Matthew Schroeder said:
No, a Flat Earth doesn't have the depth of the real world Earth and is actually much smaller. IT amounts to High 6-A.
No. The diameter of the Flat Earth is really large, as i've proven in my calcs.

Hundreds of people fall into the underworld each few seconds. In the real world, the number is 2 per second. Evidence #1

The novels state that the entire "the scene was cut" thing took place mere seconds after Kratos exited Rhodes. You still haven't addressed this, and the reason for that is because you know that you will be forced to concede if you actually acknowledge it. Evidence #2.

Kratos states that they were merely sweeping low, so once again, your rebuttal goes down Mariana's Trench. Evidence #3.

So the entire series supports the Earth being at least as big, i not bigger than the real thing.

I'm going to sleep right now, so i'll continue this debate tomorrow.

Thanks,

Kep.

No, your calcs are wrong and nobody has accepted then nor will anyone do.

That "Hundreds of people fall into the underworld each second" is purely false, and it happened after the world was flooded by Poseidon's death and most of the world's population died, not in a normal moment.

Diameter also means nothing without depth. Flat Earth only goes to the crust. There's no mantle nor core.

Even if the world in gow is flat that doesn't mean that can't bigger than our earth.

Therefir said:
Even if the world in gow is flat that doesn't mean that can't bigger than our earth.
Except there's no evidence for that. It's Planet Earth, it is the size of our planet. Except it's flat so that makes it smaller.

No, your calcs are wrong and nobody has accepted then nor will anyone do.

"Your calcs are false because they are false"

That "Hundreds of people fall into the underworld each second" is purely false, and it happened after the world was flooded by Poseidon's death and most of the world's population died, not in a normal moment.

What?

Absolutely not.

I'm referring to a scene in the GOW I novel where Kratos falls on the Underworld after dying, and tells the reader that there are hundreds of men and women descending the chasm.

As i said above:

I'm going to sleep right now, so i'll continue this debate tomorrow.

Thanks,

Kep.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Okay, and? What exactly does that prove? Ares was ravaging the land with armies of monsters and destroying cities.
Destroying a single city. Athens.

I'll counter anything tomorrow.

Bye,

Kep.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Except there's no evidence for that. It's Planet Earth, it is the size of our planet. Except it's flat so that makes it smaller.
It does not matter if the world is square or flat, if it has been said to be as large as the earth, the argument that it is flat does not make much sense.

Matthew Schroeder said:
It is as large as the Earth's surface because it is the Earth, just flat.
It does not possess the same depth as the round Earth, tho.
Where has that been stated?.

It clearly doesn't. The bottom of the Earth which Atlas lifts is entirely made of rock. Tartarus resembles the Mantle Core more, with the oceans of lava and all.

The Crust is freaking nothing when it comes to the Earth's mass. The Core alone is about 30-33% of the mass of the planet despite its relatively small size. The Mantle is far larger than the Crust and is far more massive.

The Crust has 22 zeros behind it in kg (about 2.6x10^22); the Earth has 24 (5.97x10^24). That means the Crust is 229.69 times lighter than the entirity of the planet; it is less than half a percent of the Earth's mass.

Js250476 said:
God damn that's quite the difference
Yeah, it's huge. The Crust is about 35km deep. The mantle closing in on 3000km. Just to set up how much crust you'd need to equal JUST the volume of the Earth (not even mass, since the iron core of the planet is way more massive than normal rock and crust material), you would need a cylinder with the radius of 100,000km, assuming your depth is the correct 35km, to equal the volume of Earth.

And like I said that still wouldn't be enough to equal its mass.

Edit: Just ran some quick calculations with a density of 2.7g/cm^3 for continental crust; the aforementioned volume of crust would actually be slightly less than half of the Earth's full mass. Even the freaking massive size of 100,000km isn't enough to even get half of the Earth's mass.

Hmm this is an interesting thread to follow but with that said, what seems to be the most reasonable course of action to everyone present?

I don't really have a stake in this. I just saw the claim that the Earth's crust was comparable to the entire planet and had to sort some stuff out.

I think that Matthew makes sense, and that Kepekley23 seems to waste his time with repetition, so I would appreciate if the latter would drop the issue.

Soon we are going to have a new god of war game, kratos probably are going to have better hax and feats, so we maybe can make a remake of Kratos vs Dante.

Helios' Power - Chains of Olympus Transcript and Analysis

[ The sun bulges and a globe of light drifts toward the ground. A bright flash of white light fills the screen ]

Narrator: Seeing the sun plummet through the sky, and the world plunge into darkness, Kratos knew this was not a sign from the gods.

Kratos: What treachery is this?[ runs toward where the globe of light landed ]

Narrator: Setting his sights on the glowing horizon, Kratos made his way toward the mysterious light, but there was more afoot than Kratos could possibly know.

[ Kratos is shown reaching the lip of a gigantic precipice and looks upon a large temple ]

Narrator: In the darkness, Morpheus, the god of dreams awakened to a world where he and only he wielded the power. The land was slowly overrun by a black fog that engulfed everything it touched.

The Sun is confirmed to have fallen out of the sky.

(Skip)

[ Kratos makes short work of the fog fighters and banshees that ambush him. He continues on toward the Temple of Helios, scaling walls. The camera pans upward to show a large temple ]

Narrator: The Temple on which Kratos stood, was the sun chariot of Helios. The very chariot that the Fire Steeds pulled across the sky every day, allowing the brilliance of Helios to shine down upon all mankind.

The Temple of Helios is confirmed to also be the Sun Chariot pulled by the Fire Steeds. The temple likely allows Helios to shine his "brilliance" in a controlled manner for the world

(Skip)

[ A bright flash engulfs the screen. The whole temple is shown ]

Athena: This temple on which you stand is the chariot of Helios.

[ The camera zooms out showing a large fireball dwarfing the temple ]

Athena: Without their master to rein them, the Fire Steeds have driven the sun chariot into the earth.

[ The fireball comes into focus showing fiery horses pulling a chariot into the temple. Like a meteor, the chariot is shown crashing into the earth, causing debris to fly into the air ]

Athena: And without Helios, there is no one to keep Morpheus from seizing permanent power.

[ The temple is shown against a dark landscape, with clouds swirling below. Lightning flashes and thunder booms ]

Athena: Many of the gods have fallen into a deep slumber.

[ The landscape around the temple is shown being surrounded by a dark fog ]

Athena: Soon, all will succumb to the black grip of Morpheus.

[ Kratos is shown at the base of Athena's statue ]

Kratos: What would you have me do?

Athena: You must find Helios and return him to the sky, lest the world of gods and man be lost forever. Only his light can release the grasp of Morpheus.

The Sun Chariot/Temple needs it's specific pilot to function properly and shine his light.

(Skip)

Voice: I am grateful you have come, Ghost of Sparta. The titan Atlas has been freed from the pits of Tartarus, and has taken my brother, Helios from his rightful place in the sky.

Kratos: What does Atlas want with the sun god?

Voice: Helios holds within him the power of the sun, a power so great, it can destroy the world. It cannot be trusted in the hands of a titan. Please, take the Sun Shield from his throne, walk through the Gates of Olympus and you will find me. Hurry Kratos, even now my brother suffers at the hand of Atlas.

'The power is described to destroy the world, but not elaborated in what way. Later in the story, the power of Helios is used on the Pillar of the World which will, in turn, end the world in a domino effect.

(Skip)

Eos: Be that as it may, Kratos. The Primordial Fire is almost out. Without Helios, the life-giving light of the world cannot be sustained. If you do not find him, only darkness and death await all of us.

Helios is connected to the Primordial Flame, and it will go out without Helios for some reason.

(Skip)

Item Description: "The Caves of Mount Olympus hold the flame that spawned all others: the Primordial Fire which long ago was stolen and given to man by the Titan Prometheus. It is the source of Helios' energy."

Helios' energy comes from the Primordial Flame, yet the Primordial Flame cannot persist without him. The relationship between the two is still unclear.

(Skip)

Narrator: As the steeds pulled Kratos away from the grip of Morpheus, they crossed into the Underworld. But in the land of the dead, they could go no further. For these beings of light, were not welcome in Hades.

[ The Fire Steeds revert back to their statue forms, and the seal of the Steeds Shrine plummets, as does Kratos. Kratos uses his Blades of Chaos to latch onto a wall of a large rock which he climbs ]

Narrator: Kratos found himself on the very edge of Hades. The land where no mortal had set foot.

(Skip)

Narrator: For in the distance, the bright light of Helios illuminated all of the underworld.

The Sun Chariot/Temple is left in the Underworld. Even though Kratos pilots the Sun Chariot/Temple with the Primordial Flame, he is unable to generate the same light as Helios. The symbiotic relationship between the two is further blurred.

(Skip)

Persephone : [ raises her hands ] With the power of the sun in his hands, it is only a matter of time before he destroys the pillar that holds the world, [ points her left hand at the tower ] and Olympus with it.

(Skip)

[It was not before long that Kratos, the Champion of the Gods, confronted Persephone and Atlas. The Ghost Of Sparta quickly disposed of the treacherous goddess, and soon took on the enormous Titan, who had already partially destroyed the Pillar of the World. Kratos had previously managed to chain Atlas into upholding the empty space between the Pillar of the World and the world itself, causing him to bear the weight on his shoulders.]

Conclusions

• The Pillar of the World does not support the Underworld
  • If the Pillar of the World fails, everything including the Underworld will be destroyed in a domino effect
  • Helios holds the power that comes from the Primordial Flame, and only he can use it properly.
  • The power of Helios is enough to destroy the pillar that supports the Surface world.
  • Atlas is standing on top of the leftover Pillar of the World
Regarding God of War 3

• With the previous Sun Chariot crashed in the Underworld, Helios possibly constructed a new one.
  • The Sun in GoW 3 continues to exist even though Helios died, but it has been blocked out by the clouds
  • The relationship between Helios and the Sun has changed once again.
Flat or Round World
I don't believe that in the entire lore of the series the Earth was ever mentioned as a planet, just world.

I personally see the world as flat.

Flat World Evidence

• Series concept art
  • Atlas and the Pillar of the World hold a flat layer of rock - Chains of Olympus
  • The Island of Creation is at the Edge of Creation - GoW 2
Round World Evidence

• The world is depicted as round -Ascension (7 years into series)

I dont think so, the new GOW seems to more be focusing on Kratos' relationship with his son rather then any God killing exploits (though i do expect to see it i dont think it'll be better then the stuff Kratos had back in the day)

are you guys don't remember if you need three days to fall from human world to underworld ? so earth's crust is like 9000 miles thick in GoW verse. So the flat earth possess bigger depth than round earth IMO.

and that concept art is contradict to the game via WOG

Hellbeast1 said:
I dont think so, the new GOW seems to more be focusing on Kratos' relationship with his son rather then any God killing exploits (though i do expect to see it i dont think it'll be better then the stuff Kratos had back in the day)
wolf in new GoW verse confrimed can consumed the sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back