• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Darkseid Tiering upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an outlier because this story is stupid. The Source is suddenly a glowing bicolor person with a personality and an intent, and he and Soulfire Darkseid punch each other a lot.

@Mattew Schroeder

"This is an outlier because this story is stupid. The Source is suddenly a glowing bicolor person with a personality and an intent, and he and Soulfire Darkseid punch each other a lot." V

Boi meme
@Matthew's reasonings for 2017

Matthew Schroeder said:
This is an outlier because this story is stupid. The Source is suddenly a glowing bicolor person with a personality and an intent, and he and Soulfire Darkseid punch each other a lot.
isnt soul fire unique to this story?

I haven't read the story, but I believe someone mentioned the Justice League punching out 5th dimensional beings in that story as well, but it has been a while.

The story severely contradicted all other portrayals of the Source as a formless beyond-dimensional Nirvana-like void, that cannot be separated into parts, as it is beyond the concepts of height, width, length, etcetera.

I think that Grant Morrison even mentioned this in an explanation text segment of his Final Crisis event.

@Ant

Grant Morrison treats it as loose canon. There was indeed a war that culminated in the genocide of the New Gods, and finished with Orion ripping Darkseid's heart. But you shouldn't hold neither it nor Countdown as literal canon (Since both are awful)

Wait, did Morrison do something to make Countdown less Canon? Cause if he wasn't my hero before, he sure would be then.

I think that Grant mentioned in an interview that it was just representations of what was really going on on a higher level.

Neat, I actually had given up DC for a while around Countdown.

Anyway, I've been off topic enough. This was treated as loose Canon at best, and there is little else supporting it. As much as I'd like me some tier 1 Darkseid, the support just isn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back