• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Celebi and legendary beast trio upgrade

I believe this is allowed under the Pokémon power-scaling rules, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

In the Pokémon movie, Celebi the voice of the forest, the antagonist of the movie has a Tyranitar that is supposedly being amped to the peak of its ability by a dark ball, however throughout the movie he considers Celebi to be far superior to it. He even goes as far as to call Celebi the most powerful Pokémon in the world, and says he can easily take over team rocket and the world with it, although this is obviously a hyperbole it would at least mean that Celebi is vastly superior to Tyranitar, which is mountain level. Additionally this is cemented when a bit later in the movie, Suicune, which Celebi is comparable to, one-shots the Tyranitar with relative ease.

This part I'm a bit less certain on (since it involves Pikachu), but throughout the movie Suicune and Celebi are both depicted as faster than Ash's Pikachu, for instance, in one scene when Celebi attacks Ash and Pikachu, Pikachu is unable to dodge and have to be saved by Suicune rushing in to save them. This wouldn't upgrade them by a full speed tier, but would place them over 4x higher than they're currently rated.

Of course this would scale to Raikou and Entei, probably Ho-Oh and Lugia as well.

This sounds reasonable to me. I think we scale Legendaries to regional Pokemon anyway.

So, what are your proposed changes? It seems that I am reading that Celebi's AP should be:

• At least Mountain level, likely higher
Due to him being vastly superior to Tyranitar, a mountain-level character.

Notably, this would scale to Suicune's AP since Suicune was able tk one-shot Tyranitar.

As for speed, Suicune's (by extension, Celebi) speed would be:

• At least Massively Hypersonic (Saved Pikachu from Celebi's attacks, which Pikachu couldn't dodge)

@Lina Shields yeah, that's what I was going for.

Both speed and AP should also scale to Entei and Raikou, and the speed should likely scale to Ho-Oh and Lugia since they scale their speeds to the beast and bird trio.

Is it okay if I make the changes, or do I need to wait for more input?

Since Cal is the one leading the creation of Pokemon profiles, I would like Cal to give his final thoughts on the changes first.

If he disagrees, he can provide an alternate tiering for Celebi's AP and speed.

Now speaking of which, are there any other notable feats that the legendary dogs did? I would like to see if the legendary dogs could scale to the legendary birds or something...

AP is fine. Also coincides with Entei erupting volcanoes by simply roaring. I'm trying to find something that the dogs did to Ho-oh, but Suicune was far more prominent than Ho-oh ever was.

Well, Ho-Oh is considered the beast trio master, and gave them their power when it revived them. I believe that's why it's listed as scaling from the beast trio on its profile.

So, according to bulbspedia, in the GSC arc of the Pokémon adventures manga, Suicune, Entei, and Raikou (as well as Articuno, Zapados, and Moltres) fought Ho-Oh and Lugia. So should they scale to Lugia/the bird trio instead, and can all 8 scale to Pikachu's speed?

If not can I make the earlier discussed changes?

Back