• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Black Panther Upgrade (And those who scale to him)

Legion350

VS Battles
Retired
So I noticed that even before all of the Multi-City Block level stuff, that Black Panther was accepted as Building level from this feat. If so would that mean he could be re-upgraded back to Building level, or is this now considered an outlier, even though it was accepted before?

I also remember Black Widow having a High 8-C dura feat, and I don't exactly remember what was invalid about the 8-A dura feats already laid out

The Panther usually has a protective Vibranium suit that absorbs energy. In addition, that was likely the infamous story in which the Panther was portrayed as being able to put the Silver Surfer in an inescapable leveraged wrestling hold, so it is unreliable to start with.

If the Black Widow has a High 8-C durability feat it would be considered as an outlier among a massive number of stories that portray her as much lower.

The Captain America durability feat was handled by his energy absorbing and virtually indestructible shield. The Wolverine durability feat is irrelevant to other characters, as he has repeatedly withstood 4-B level blunt impacts via his adamantium skeleton (It doesn't make any sense, but that is Marvel for you). And Deadpool is a regenerating gag-humour/low level toon force character that is very unreliable to scale others from.

Actually Widow has a few High 8-C feats (As do Punisher and Daredevil)

Also Deadpool's regen is surprisingly slow so I don';t see how one can chalk up his feats to being due to healing but alas.

Cable has telekinetic shields for protection. And given that Spider-Man at his absolute displayed peak only was High 8-C, due to catching a falling skyscraper, and the 9-A characters are regularly harmed by far less, I think that comparable statistics for them would be outliers, yes.

I mean there's no evidence in the scan Cable used fields

Even then Huesito made an extensive blog supporting Tier 8 street tiers.

Spidey could also easily just scale above that

After I have had to wait for almost a year, we finally have started to get somewhat reliable Marvel Comics profiles. These characters all have thousands of appearances and at least hundreds of feats that are enormously below the scale that you wish to impose on them. I would much prefer if we avoid making them unreliable again by using extreme outliers.

Also, if Cable is usually portrayed as physically far below that level, Occams Razor tells us that he most likely used his psychic powers to protect himself from most of the impact, even if it was done off-page.

I'm not suggesting we use outliers tho, I'm suggesting we use consistent higher feats as we have always done to my knowledge. Once again the blog I mentioned has what 14 tier 8 calcs?

Also not to bring in the competition to Marvel but should we put DC at below 4-B for there herald tiers because of the comparative abundance of Tier 5 feats over Tier 4? This is the same argument as that and honestly it's really not that watertight.

Which blog are you talking about?

However, again, this is Marvel we are talking about. It is the poster boy for completely incoherent nonsense inconsistency. If hundreds of characters each have thousands of appearances written by hundreds of writers, it is perfectly possible to find some outliers that go completely against their general portrayals.

Yes Marvel is especially inconsistent but that doesn't mean we can't use feats that are higher then the average but still consistent with what they can achieve.

Shall we downgrade them from MHS as well if they've been treated at far lower speeds often as well? It's a line of reasoning that really might not be the best to follow

I just don't think that we should use feats that are many thousands of times higher than their usual scale. That is all. The speed feats of dodging electricity, keeping up with such characters, and similar, are more consistent as far as I am aware.

Can you link to the blog in question please?

I will check.

By the way, should we upgrade Wolvering to 4-B durability versus large blunt impacts only thanks to his Adamantium skeleton? It doesn't make any sense, but he has still consistently withstood blows from characters such as the Hulk.

Which of the feats in the blog are pure durability feats, and was the inverse-square law properly used for all of them?

I would prefer if DontTalkDT or one of the more skilled of our calc group members recalculates all of the feats in the blog before we can consider them.

I would prefer an organised list with brief summaries. The blog is rather messy and seems to largely involve weaponry that does not scale to anybody.

In addition, I prefer high reliability for something as important as this. I will ask Alex to handle it.

There is plenty of explosion tanking and it acknowledges inverse Square law for some of the incalcable feats

As said here

I would still prefer to have this handled in as reliable manner as possible.

Alex has told me that he will try to handle the calculations.

Btw: What exactly is happening in the calculated feat, and does it scale to anybody?

Npsu~.

Description of the feat from Huesito88: "Punisher's standard bomb creates a explosion, which creates a crater. In said crater there's nothing left, there's smoke and flames, and it turned half of a human into a skeleton and the other half is completely gone."

Pictures of the feat: First and second.

Thread were Huesito88 asked to Darkanine about this feat.

And for the scale, I don't think so unless someone tanked this very same type of bomb in anoter instance or if there are more pictures of this feat.

Well, it would only scale to the Punisher's equipment though, and given how inconsistent Marvel is, using the exact same scale for it in every instance seems like calc stacking.

Do you have the time and energy to calculate the other feats as well?

I will calc them, no worries, I just need to take my time to see if the calcs that Huesito88 has mistakes or not. If they are too much I can always ask to a friend here who also make calcs.

Antvasima said:
In addition, that was likely the infamous story in which the Panther was portrayed as being able to put the Silver Surfer in an inescapable leveraged wrestling hold, so it is unreliable to start with.
TDLa7ou

Okay, but in that case the Panther simply seems portrayed as far dumber than he actually is.

In addition, he still has the Vibranium suit for protection.

Antvasima said:
By the way, should we upgrade Wolvering to 4-B durability versus large blunt impacts only thanks to his Adamantium skeleton? It doesn't make any sense, but he has still consistently withstood blows from characters such as the Hulk.
^

Okay. No problem. Is somebody experienced willing to handle the upgrade?

Back