• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon Thread: Eternatus Edition

Ultra Instinct and SS stuff give you at least Relativistic speed, if not FTL, I don't see why Pokémon Trainers' command speeds being an issue. Besides, in most cases, their Pokémon were usually going to attempt dodges anyway sensing the attacks, regardless of whether or not the command was given unless the Trainers give a different relayed message.

Doesnt mean there hasn't been a bit of PIS here and there, which many superpower franchises tend to use, anyway.

We need a Snom profile.

Also, how is Dynamax being handled? Wild Pokemon (in the Galar dex) can naturally Dynamax and Gigantamax, so is that something that needs to be added to all applicable pokemon? As for abilities, Dynamax pokemon can create sheilds, dispel status effects, and may even have some kind of aura that takes the form of a storm strong enough to blow people and pokemon out from raid dens.

Yeah, Dynamax has been dealt with. All Pokemon that are currently in SwSh have it, and the ones being added in the dlc will get it too. Dynamax doesn't get added past an ability listing and category, but gigantamax is added as an additional key.

Overlord775 said:
IF Infinite speed gets axed they would scale to the Alolians throught being the absolute god tiers of the verse
Assuming the upcoming revisions go through, and depending on how they are revised (which is still being discussed), Pokemon might still be able to keep their infinite speed. Aside from what Gyro listed:

-Their Infinite Speed doesn't come from moving in a timeless void. It comes from moving in an environement that is timeless AND spaceless.

-The void they created couldn't be accessed by anyone (not even Regigigas, who instantly got stomped when attemping to) but them (aside from Hareta, which is obvious PIS).

-Space in the Pokemon verse is stated to be infinite in lore. That would mean these guys can travel, create and destroy things across infinite distance.

-In the Adventures manga, Dialga and Palkia's battle made distances distorted and even combined the past and future together, which didn't affect them in the slightest. And depending on how you interpret that, suggests even immeasurable speed.

There are plans to make moving in a timeless void before the universe potentially Immeasurable. That could potentially give them a boosted rating dependent on if we don't go with the idea of them getting their avatars back.

Exactly. The revisions, even if they go through, still need to be discussed on whats actually changing. And that can go different ways, so I say we should wait to discuss the CT's case until its 100% decided

So the new movie is still on the "No Brock/Misty on Kanto's journey" universe or are things going back to the normal one?

I bet everyone here saw TerminalMontage's videos?

The pokemon battle royales are awesome.

Is there a chance that we could get an armored Mewtwo in a canon game?

Because I loved that form.

Ionliosite said:
So the new movie is still on the "No Brock/Misty on Kanto's journey" universe or are things going back to the normal one?
It's the "I Choose You!" timeline IIRC.

We havent had a pokemon movie take place in the regular anime timeline since the Volcanion movie now that I think about it.

It's a bit of a letdown that the Sun and Moon era never got their big screen adventures IMHO, though from I could gather the movies that did come during that generation were good.

The movies that came out during the Sun & Moon era were the two worst ever. Only the Movie 1 remake wasn't trash and that's because no matter how the CGI looks, Mewtwo Strikes Back is an amazing movie.

Back