• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon Thread: Eternatus Edition

Not just NPI is nulled. Things like Pound, Tackle, and Body Slam are nulled. So physical attacks are nulled as well. This is what makes this thing so disgusting!

"Infinite energy" is more like "infinite power on a 3D level, which like I said before, doesn't translate to low 2C. The qualifications for the latter requires a lot more than that.

Porygon resists Power Mimicry

Copycat can copy moves from Porygon

Dragon tail cannot be copied by Copycat

Me First can copy Dragon Tail

Thief cannot be copied by Me First

Mimicry can copy Thief

Metronome can't be copied with Mimicry

Sketch can copy Mimicry

Chatter can't be copied by Sketch

Mirror Move and Transform can copy Chatter

Shadow Pokemons cannot be copied with Transform

Would you look at dem layers of Power Mimicry and Power Mimicry Resistance for Shadow Mons

Transform not copying shadow pokemon is a caveat.

All of those are limitations and not resistances.

There's not really any reasons for it being just a caveat.

also a move being able to copy something another one can't seems more better potency to me

Overlord775 said:
There's not really any reasons for it being just a caveat.

also a move being able to copy something another one can't seems more better potency to me
Ditto cant copy the shadow modification the shadow pokemon went through because it'd mean closing its heart. Its Ditto's limitation.

The shadow pokemon didnt receive any resistance.

Well, the problem with referring it to as better potency is that what moves can and cannot copy each other isn't consistent.

The thing about Thief and Me First not being able to copy this move might be that it's a move that depends a lot on this:

"The user attacks and steals the target's held item simultaneously. The user can't steal anything if it already holds an item."

Overlord775 said:
@PaChi

That's headcanon, there's no evidence supporting that's why Trasform can't copy them
Its pretty evident.

Shadow pokemon were artificially modified.

Ditto cant copy the modification.

End of story.

There is nothing implying that they did anything else besides closing their hearts.

@Neo

You can still use Thief with an item and that was only an exemple, there's more moves that Me First can't copy that Mimicry can

@PaChi

1. Nothing AT ALL implies what you are saying

2. It's Completly false, Ditto can use Trasform on artifically modified pokemons like Mewtwo, Genesect and the Galar Fossils and even 100% artificially made Pokemons like Porygon and Castform

"Shadow Pokémon are created through an undisclosed process that removes the Pokémon's emotions, turning it into a soulless fighting machine. Ei, creator of the process and Cipher's head scientist at the time of Colosseum, refers to this process as "shutting the door to their hearts". "

Ditto can't replicate that.

And that's all there is to it.

It doesnt matter if ditto can use transform on others. The fact is that he cant replicate that especific modification. Its a limitation.

I didnt mean that ditto cant use transform on artificial or modificated mons. I said that he couldnt replicate the modification that was performed on the shadow pokemon.

Also, I dont know if you mean "resistance" as in "ditto cant become a shadow pokemon" or because "ditto cant even trasnform in a normal version of a shadow pokemon", because the latter is just game mechanics as ditto has proven to be able to transform on memories alone.

Ditto can replicate Banette, who's alive only because of sheer hatred and grudge

So no, he can duplicate beings of different emotional states

Overlord775 said:
Ditto can replicate Banette, who's alive only because of sheer hatred and grudge
also he can replicate Porygon, who lacks emotions completly

So no, he can duplicate beings of diffrent emotional states and your argument don't hold water

You gotta be kidding me.

PaChi2 said:
Also, I dont know if you mean "resistance" as in "ditto cant become a shadow pokemon" or because "ditto cant even trasnform in a normal version of a shadow pokemon", because the latter is just game mechanics as ditto has proven to be able to transform on memories alone.
I ment the former

Overlord775 said:
Now if you stopped using litteral headcanon and instead did an actual argument, that would be appriciated
I mean, calling my argument headcanon wont make it headcanon, but ok.

I say "Ditto cant do that because it cant copy whatever they did to them"

You say "Ditto cant do that because they have a special ability that's not stated anywhere that allowes them to avoid being copied" <--- note that this is the NLF mentality that asumes that Ditto can copy everything and if they cant, it must be a resistance.

In other words, you gotta prove somehow that they were aiming for that ability.

Just saying, I'd appreciate it if you didnt twist my words the next time. Thank you.

You say it's because of a limitation of Ditto's ability, but that was never even hinted, so it's headcanon on your part.

An ability not being called is not needed, most of the times resistances aren't named out

Shadow Pokemons are the only instance where Ditto's ability complety failed, nothing else, even souls, beings of data, dolls animated by sheer hatred and even frikkin living black holes can be replicated.

hell, Ditto can even copy emotional states as shown by the fact he can mimic Abilities such as Moxie, Anger Point or Berserk, which are dependant on the user's personality.

I drop this conversation. Im done here.

But I like how you subtly recognize that you are going on headcanon too

Any of you want to double (or triple or quadruple or whatever) check the list of stuff you can't do to Eternatus, here's a list of all moves available in Sw/Sh

Additionally, Base form Eternatus should have either Electricity or Technology manip, via short-circuiting a commercial airliner with its mere presence.

Probably source coding and whatnot.

Also, the Eternatus profile was prematurely made. Tier 3 and 2 need to be removed as we discussed above. Also, I don't think the Power Null really needs its own tabber. That can still be put into the Eternamax tabber. Dynamax needs to be moved to its Eternamax tabber as well but there can be a mention it passively nulls it.

Zacian splitting the ocean might be Continental or something like that because I remember a similar feat getting calced at High 6-A.

New episode, this time featuring everyone's favorite Youmu reskin, Bea/Saitou/whatever her name is as the main character

Pokémon Twilight Wings Episode 2 Training-0
Pokémon Twilight Wings Episode 2 Training-0

Am I the only one who doesn't see the point on these mini-series (this one, Origins, Generations)? Only the Strongest Mega Evolution special actually served a porpose, these just seem to be a waste of time.

Origins was some sort of anniversary special thing designed to tickle the gen one nostalgia bone, I think it succeeded their.

Back