• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Sun and Moon Stat Placements.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
^Did Hau beat Guzma? Y'Know when he fought Guzma while you were fighting Lusamine. Also Lusamine obviously scales.
Not sure, though I believe the intent was merely for Hau to hold Guzma off while the player character took on Lusamine and Gladion used Type: Null to fight Nihilego. After all, up until that point, Gladion had no trouble mowing down Hau's team, while he had only minutes earlier lost to Guzma. It wouldn't make much sense for him to actually expect Hau to win (I don't think Hau expected to win either, based on his reaction).

It was likely due to the order of threats being Nihilego -> Lusamine -> Guzma. Gladion decided to take on Nihilego due to possessing Type: Null, who was designed to fight against UBs. He then tells you to defeat Lusamine, since she could always summon more Beasts. That just leaves Hau and Guzma, so it seemed to be more of a case of having Hau hopefully keep Guzma busy until at least one of the other threats was taken care of. Even then, the only fight that seemed to be conclusive was the PC vs Lusamine, as soon after, Nihilego returns to Ultra Space with Lusamine and Guzma chasing after it.

Something I'd like to bring up is the fact that there are not one, but two books the speak of the Tapu fighting Legendary Pokemon. The first is the one that says they fought Solgaleo/Lunala but lost. But the other reads as follows:

"The Legendary Pokemon and the Tapu"

"A great and terrible battle waged between the tapu and the Legendary Pokemon, but neither side could claim victory over the other. Upon finding themselves equals, the Legendary Pokemon then gifted the tapu with great power of unknown providence."

So theoretically if the calc is not accepted, what would we scale from? Groudon and Kyogre? Rayquaza?

Okay so first off. Solgaleo's strongest move is "Sunsteel Strike", that being his signature move. Said move is described as:

"The user slams into the target with the force of a meteor."

In addition, the website says this:

"Its signature move is Sunsteel Strike, an attack that charges at an opponent with the force of a meteor."

Given these two statements, I have no idea why we can't just scale Solgaleo to a generic meteor. If we wanted to wank it as much as we could we could use the meteor that killed the dinosaurs.

As for the UB, they obviously scale to the Tapu. However the player's team should scale to the UB, since you canonically capture them and receive a million dollars for doing so.

"The beast that devours the Sun" is clear hyperbole/ancient people misinterpreting stuff. You can say "But Volcarona can replace it" all you want but that doesn't change the fact that Volcarona has enough power to replace the Sun's light on the surface of the Earth. Not the entire thing.

Scaling any Pokemon to Tier 2 seems very wrong. Seeing as that would imply Tier 2 power is needed to beat the UBs, which clearly is not the case unless your Pokemon team is Tier 2.

Side-Note: Backing up that your team scales to the UB is that you also canonically defeat at least 1 Tapu. Catching all of them is clearly going out there, but you are forced to fight a Tapu in the story.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
So what is the force of the Dinosaur meteor? Seeing as Solgaleo is a high level Legendary.
I forget the exact yield, but its a Large Country feat.

So our ratings would either be High 6-B or High 6-A. Which one do you guys want to go for? Scaling to that Meteor or scaling to Rayquaza?

So here's how I see the Tapu ratings as of right now

AP/Dura: At least City Level (as the protector of Melemele Island, it should be superior to the likes of Gyarados and Wishiwashi), Mountain Level (comparable to Tapu Fini who is Superior to all Pokemon on Poni Island, and Poni Island has Mountain Level trainers such as Red, Blue, Cynthia, and Wally), possibly Country Level to Large Country Level (the Tapus fought Solgaleo/Lunala and it was either the Tapus losing or a draw, Solgaleo's Sunsteel strike is said to hit with the force of a meteor), possibly Small Planet level (via the Guzzlord calc, Solgaleo would scale to this)

Speed: at least Massively Hypersonic (should be Superior to Pikachu)

Guys since the Guzzlord calc is going nowhere whoever is for scaling to the meteor say '''"Sun"''' for scaling to Rayquaza say '''"Moon".'''

nvm. Lets do the Meteor Calc i.e the Sun option. However we can put possibly higher at the end. Who is willing to help me with these? This will effect All UB's, Tapu's, Solgaleo, Lunala and Necrozma.

How does this sound for Solgaleo? (Stated to attack with the force of a meteor. Should not be below most legendaries.)

But remember this is a Mascot Legendary and is above Pokemon such as a trained Delibird and Tyranitar. What is the average?

The tiers I gave you came from what I think the AP of a metor would be but from all the videos I've seen nothing gets past 8-A.

The Meteor that killed the Dinosaurs is estimated to be around 100 Teratons. I guess we can use that as a low end, but attach a "likely far higher" after that.

Peter is right though, it wasn't just the meteor. Shame on you Dragon
Puff

SOOOOOOO High 6-B then? Okay I will begin with Solgaleo...tommorrow.... Also :p to both of you HAAA!!

Back