• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Sun and Moon Stat Placements.

Some issues with the profiles right now:

Tapu Koko is Massively Hypersonic for keeping pace with Celesteela. Celesteela is Massively Hypersonic for "being comparable to Pheromosa" and "reaching escape velocity. There is no source on the escape velocity feat, nor is there anything telling us why it is comparable to Pheromosa.

Pheromosa is Massively Hypersonic for being stated to be able to dodge lightning, but there is no source on this. Buzzwole is Massively Hypersonic because it "should be comparable to Pheromosa", which is wrong on two levels.

The first level being that they are 2 forms of the same UB. One is clearly meant to be the nimble speedster and the other is meant to be the hulking brute. There is 0 reason for the weaker Pheromosa form to exist if Buzzwole is just as fast and even stronger.

Guzzlord is Large Country level for being a threat to the Tapu and "eating entire seas" (which also has no source.) The Tapu as Large Country level for "fighting against Solgaleo and Lunala", which is great except IIRC we established earlier Sol/Luna stomped all of the Tapu with extreme ease.

Then the Guzzlord profile says it's "comparable to Pheromosa" for no actual reason given.

EDIT: The Tapu profile now says it's Massively Hypersonic for keeping up with Pheromosa despite just earlier saying it fought Celesteela. Not to mention we don't really know if it "kept up" with any of them. They literally just charge at each other and then we learn the Tapu lost.

Also all the UB's should be comparable seeing as they are already scaled to Tapu Koko. I doubt Tapu Koko would be slower in pokemon Sun than he is in Moon since all event play out the same way aside from the UB that appears.

The Tapu should be nerfed to Country level because four of them fought with the Ultra Beasts and still lost.

They were still able to put up a fight 1v1. But there is the point that it took 4 Guardians to fight Solgaleo or Lunala.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Also all the UB's should be comparable seeing as they are already scaled to Tapu Koko. I doubt Tapu Koko would be slower in pokemon Sun than he is in Moon since all event play out the same way aside from the UB that appears.
4 boxers beating the crap out of a hobo does not make those 4 boxers comparable.

Also my point was that we literally don't see the fight happen at all. Seeing as he loses to both Buzzwole and Pheromosa that would seem to imply he's slower than both.

Since when has losing a fight mean you are slower than your opponent? Plus Tapu Koko has been stated to create thunderclouds as absorb the lightning from them.

Plus by this logic should we downgrade all of the UB's from High 6-B...

"which is great except IIRC we established earlier Sol/Luna stomped all of the Tapu with extreme ease."

It is also stated that neither side won. So there are two accounts of the same event.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Since when has losing a fight mean you are slower than your opponent? Plus Tapu Koko has been stated to create thunderclouds as absorb the lightning from them.
Plus by this logic should we downgrade all of the UB's from High 6-B...
Since pretty much always? Speed is a big factor in a fight and you aren't liable to win if you're slower.

The fact Koko can create and absorb lightning doesn't mean anything from his speed anymore than a guy sticking his finger in an electrical socket doesn't make him MHS.

Also yeah, they shouldn't be 6-B in the first place unless they were stated to be comparable to the Legendaries.

Why Tapu Koko is High 6-B?

Solgaleo is just 100 Teratons, which is the very low end of High 6-B, and he Stalemated the 4 Tapus at once, so the Tapus individually are 6-B at best

"Since pretty much always? Speed is a big factor in a fight and you aren't liable to win if you're slower."

So by this logic the Flash is slower than the characters above him because he cannot beat them? Also he wouldn't be a whole speed tier below them since he still was able to react and fight back. If he did not then the Tapu would be dead by now as they would've been blitzed to death... It was stated they fought back but in the end lost. Nothing says they couldn't do absolutely nothing.

"Also yeah, they shouldn't be 6-B in the first place unless they were stated to be comparable to the Legendaries."

The Tapu's were stated to have fought Ultra Beasts. Not the same ones as Tapu Koko or The player. Just Ultra Beasts in general. Ultra Beasts are like a group of Legendary Pokemon and should be categorized with each other.

It may be best to ask Cal about this since he is the autority on Pokemon here.

AidenBrooks999 said:
Why Tapu Koko is High 6-B?
Solgaleo is just 100 Teratons, which is the very low end of High 6-B, and he Stalemated the 4 Tapus at once, so the Tapus individually are 6-B at best
Actually I'm gonna fix that as well as the other UB's. Solgaleo, Lunala and Necrozma are the only ones who should be High 6-B.

The Flash is slower or at least equal to most people above him. There are stronger people than him that are slower (Superman) but that's because they have a massive AoE, something that 99% of Pokemon don't have.

Okay, then why are the UBs comparable to Solgaleo? I fail to see how it can be that UB < Tapu < UB < Solgaleo.

The UB's should NOT be comparable to Solgaleo or Lunala only Tapu Koko. So they need to be downgraded to only 6-B not High 6-B

The Tapus fought back against the Ultra Beasts, there is no doubt about it. Even if they lost, the damage would have been far greater if they were stomped like you claim they were. Most notably, Tapu Fini directly fought Guzzlord, and again, wasn't stomped.

As far as I know, the Tapus stalemated the local Legendary, it wasn't a stomp. And a Nihilego took a hit from Lunala/Solgaeleo.

Well if all 4 stalemated the local Legendary then they'd be 6-B yeah. I still find it wrong to scale them all to Massively Hypersonic though seeing as Pheromosa is clearly meant to be the fastest out of every UB, with Celesteela only being escape velocity, supposedly.

Well, Solageo is bare minimal High 6-B (100 Teratons), so the rest only being Country level or even Country level+ seems more reasonable in my opinion.

Still waiting for literally anything to fight at least somewhat evenly with Necrozma, since that translates to anywhere from Rel+ to FTL reactions based on circumstance.

I would also keep an eye on Necrozma for scaling purposes due to hints being dropped that it might be the source of Deoxys, but we'll see.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
I would also keep an eye on Necrozma for scaling purposes due to hints being dropped that it might be the source of Deoxys, but we'll see.
When is this hint dropped? I just want to know to see if I can find any other connections.

Foggysniper said:
When is this hint dropped? I just want to know to see if I can find any other connections.
Check Necrozma's 'dex entries along with Deoxys' earliest and latest 'dex entries.

To put it in short, Deoxys, both at its conception and recently, has been described as a space virus that mutated into what it is now due to exposure to a mysterious laser beam. Obviously, laser beams don't normally mutate viruses, nor do they just come out of nowhere. However, now we've been introduced to Necrozma. All we know about it is it's very old, came from somewhere that definitely isn't Earth, and is constantly projecting powerful laser beams from its body.

Sound familiar?

I looked up Lunala's Pokdex Entry and it gave me this

"Since ancient times, Lunala has been honored as an emissary of the moon. It is referred to with reverence as the beast that calls the moon. Lunala is constantly absorbing light and converting it into energy. With its wings spread to absorb the surrounding light and glittering like a crescent moon, it resembles a beautiful night sky."

Does this mean anything?

Well, it can't be used for E=MC2 since light contains no mass, but it can be used as a Stamina feat I guess.

Also, I looked at Solgaleo's PokeDex entry and got this

'Since ancient times, Solgaleo has been honored as an emissary of the sun. It is referred to with reverence as 'the beast that devours the su. Solgaleo's body holds a vast amount of energy, and it shines with light when it's active. It has a flowing mane with a remarkable resemblance to the sun.

Look, now I know this was called hyperbole, but don't we use PokeDex entries as feats? For example, Arceus creating the universe, Machamp moving mountains, Tyranitar destroying mountains, etc.

I feel like Star Level Solgaleo could be a thing based off of the Dex

@Pokemon

Absolutely not. That statement is clearly metaphorical as Solgaleo absorbs energy from the sun and seems to blot it out with its radiance. There's no indication in story that it would be able to actually eat the sun, or else there would be no life in the Pokemon world.

If Solgaleo ate the sun, How is there still a sun in the Pokemon World? Yeah you could argue that Arceus or a Creation Trio member made a new one, but that's pure speculation. And Solgaleo as a Pokemon would not eat the sun. In the game we clearly see that Solgaleo is a kind legendary so eating the sun is out of character anyway. It proably refers to Solgaleo roaring in front of the sun. Simple as that.

Let's talk about Lunala's lore, since no one is talking about it. Two statements I found interesting is "it was named the beats that calls the moon" possibly saying that it could move the moon according to its will and "the beast that stole all of heavens' light" which would suggest that it absorbed any and all light coming from the sun, blocking it out. I don't know if these would actually mean anything strength wise but I was surprised that no one was talking about Lunala's in game lore.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Yeah I doubt Lunala actually moved the moon.
Didn't the legendaries change the time of day it was when you summoned them if it wasn't their respective time? Like didn't Sogoleo change the time to day if you were playing at night and vice versa with Lunala? Idk if this is true because I was playing Sun during the day so I didn't experience the time change but if it is true then it could put more validation to the Lunala feat

Well actually, You have a point. I don't know how to handle that scene in all honesty. Kinda forgot about that.

Back