• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon: Possible Keldeo Upgrade

This occured to me. IIRC, Keldeo in his resolute form was able to fight White/Black Kurem to a stalemate during their battle in the Swords of Justice movie. And not only to a stalemate, but Keldeo could have also possibly beaten full powered Kyurem if Keldeo hadnt chosen to protect Ash and the others by stopping the attack instead of attacking Kyurem.

If so, then this would mean Keldeo should scale higher than full powered Reshiram and Zekrom (and possibly the other unova legendaries who are weaker than the 2) who are clearly weaker than Kyurem (in base too I think which would increase the scaling) and equal, if not surpass, full powered Kyurem. And IF we do this, then this should also likely scale to the other Swords of Justice who>Keldeo

Any issues with this?

Im not sure. Didnt Cobalion say Keldeo became a "true sword of justice" at the end of the movie? Implying Keldeo is no longer on a apprentice level but on their's?

Oh yea ofc they definitely should. Its just the question here is do they scale higher than Keldeo or are just equal to him? I thought at first they scale higher due to Keldeo being their apprentice in a way but at the end of the movie they considered him a full fledged member of the SoJ so does that mean they consider him their equal?

I suppose that this seems reasonable. At least with the exception that composite continuity scaling is very inconsistent to begin with.

I meant that, for example, just because a character is stronger than another character in a movie, does not automatically mean that it will be stronger in a game from the same franchise, and vice versa. At least not unless everything is considered as part of the same timeline.

Antvasima said:
I meant that, for example, just because a character is stronger than another character in a movie, does not automatically mean that it will be stronger in a game from the same franchise, and vice versa. At least not unless everything is considered as part of the same timeline.
The way I see it, game canon comes first since it's the primary canon of the Pokémon franchise, though due to a severe lack of feats for most Pokémon, sometimes we have to rely on the anime or manga. Problem is, a lot of times the anime can be inconsistent and conflict with things the game has established (electric attacks hurting ground types, multiple cases of Arceus getting involved in PIS, Pokémon holding advantages against other Pokémon that they clearly wouldn't have in the games). In a similar vein, Keldeo doesn't make sense at face value to be rated that high, considering none of the game lore indicates that it has power approaching the Tao trio, and as far as its stat total and viability goes, it's beneath Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem's fused forms.

Wai, wait, wait.

Keldeo > Reshiram and Zekrom? Lore wise that is simply wrong. In BW you needed Zekrom/Reshiram because lore wise it was the only pokemon capable of matching its counterpart, if any of the SoJ individually were above or equal to them...

Canon really shouldnt matter here considering Pokemon is a multiverse and if thats the case we can always just make a seperate Key for him. Anime wise, Him and the SoJ were consistently capable of matching Kyurem, they were only beaten down because they wanted to be a shield to others. If Keldeo didnt decide to protect Ash and co., it could have beaten full powered Kyurem. If it really wasnt on its level at all Keldeo in all ways would have gotten stomped. Same with SoJ

Besides, "lore" shouldnt be a factor in this. I mean we have Manaphy scaled to be equal to, if not, higher than Kyogre based off the movie while game wise it should be no where near it. Same thing with Darkrai IIRC. So there's no reason why Keldeo cant be given the same treatment.

And like said before we can always just make a seperate anime key for him while his game key remains lower than Reshiram and Zekrom

Hmmm PaChi makes a point, so if we are going to include this scaling, it should be for an anime tab and scale only to anime Kyreum's feats.

@Anime canon does matter quite a bit and lore does too. Manaphy is an exception due to the page being a different media (anime) and Darkrai does have a separation as well.

Well I have no qualms or issues with making a separate anime tab I just thought that canon shouldnt really make a difference in this given the nature of the multiverse but that's just me.

So is making a separate tab the best option?

Alright. Since we seem to have enough votes does anyone want to make the changes to Keldeo and the other Swords of Justice's profiles?

Antvasima said:
Do note that the dex entries stay mostly the same between the main series games (Black and white, Diamond and Pearl, X and Y ect)

And in the dex entries here's Reshirams (who scales to Kyurem).

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Reshiram_(Pokémon)

This l'egendary Pokémon can scorch the world with fire. It helps those who want to build a world of truth.

Hmm....well it was able to keep up with Kyurem for a short time before getting pumled and it was able to keep up with the SoJ during training.

Should it be the same as his game counterpart since his game vers. gets its speed by dec entry and then scale towards the other SoJ?

Back