• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Mftl+

Why do you keep bringing up Roar of Time? It's literally the same tier as Dialga's rest of the movepool.

So you're gonna assume that a move they quite easily spammed under a friendly fight never went used against a foe who was about to kill them and end the world? Doesn't matter if the fight lasted 10 seconds. Both were clearly trading blows.

Not quite the same, if Rayquaza went mega for his dragon ascent everyone would assume it's far more powerful than his base attack.

Pretty sure Rayquaza did went Mega for his Dragon Ascent.

This is honestly the same as rating Sephiroth as only 4-B via his Supernova, and Cloud taking hits from it as "game mechanics".

Your statement about "mighty power" and "full power" isn't enough proof to assume that both legendaries are immensely holding back both when fighting Necrozma and the Tapus.

Rayquaza had more than just that feat though.

Are all pomemon 2-B for fighting arecys?

It is what it is , it's stated, clear as day, and they only ever went mftl in that form.

It isn't. A singular attack being at "full power" doesn't instantly warrant a gigantic boost in speed compared to their "normal" power, especially when, again, it's used as casually as any other attacks.

Because that's literally the only time they HAD to go MFTL? Again, if it was that fast compared to their regular form they would have used it against Necrozma. Yet they didn't (Unless you argue that Lunala throwing lasers is Moonlight Geistmean, in that case it just proves that it isn't a boost in any way).

Agreeing with Sakiou still. At this point, this thread should be closed for all it is now is going off of something too vague and is making everyone go back and forth.

Problem there is that it's a form change, just not using a bit more power. And is it? Where is it spammed?

Yeah, and it's also the form they go into to do it. They should have used it anyway, it's explicitly noted to be more powerful, why wouldn't they use It? Hell if I know. And what, it's outright stated to be a boost.

When you fight them, both normally and as Necrozma.

Because it isn't as powerful as you claim it is? Literally your entire argument relies on "full power", and your interpretation of it relies on so many assumptions (They hold back all the time. The attack being above average instead of OHKO being game mechanic, the player being more worthy of using it than Necrozma, etc.)

And, game mechanics and shitty ai, but then again, the player can fight tier 4 necrozma.

Its powerful enough consudering it's explicitly and outrught stated to be them at full power, everything that usbt them in that form isn't them at full power, so yes, against necrozma they werent at full power.

Why would the attack be an ohko? game mechanics and balancing exist? Why isn't every attack arceus does a ohko too then? And yeah, put the player above necrozma, the player beat it too after all.

Full Power doesn't equal far stronger. Someone holding back and their full power can be even lower than x2.

Utterly unrelated to my argument. The player being able to beat Arceus through PIS isn't the same as Solgaleo's Sunsteel Strike being not that much stronger than the rest of his attack.

Then why even mention It? They're in a constant state of holding back, and they need to change form to get to full power.

PIS? Then I guess solgaleo spamming it is pis too, it not doing that against necrozma, and not my point, ya saud why isn't sunsteel strike an ohko, probably the same reason why every other legendary Pokemon in the game doesn't ohko everything. Game balancing exists dude.

Transformations aren't always that more powerful than their base, but it's not like feats exclusive to a transformation are always scaled to lower ones even though in-verse logic would suggest the gap isn't that large.

Because hurr durr stronger move? Same as pretty much any other hyped up signature move. Oblivion Wing, Judgement, etc.

See how much your argument relies on everything being PIS? Your argument relies on everything related to the move being PIS. Mine relies on a transformation being a minor power boost and not a major one (Which doesn' contradict anything).

Again, utterly unrelated to my argument. The very matchup happening against a legendary is PIS. Their signature move being 100 BP when other legendary moves are usually far higher isn't.

You're missing the point and your insulting condescending tone majes you look bad.

The sane could be said for you, most of everything you claim is simple guessing, despite nothing being shiwn to be the case.

Judgement? 100bp, Spacial rend? Sacred fire ? All 100 bp, and all theur strongest move.

I'm not even being condescending towards you, just towards the general hype of signature move.

You extrapolate "they use their full power during that move" to "They are constantly holding back significantly despite consistently either not using their so-called ultimate move or disregarding when they do so when it doesn't fit how you view the move".

Steam Eruption, Psycho Boost, Fleur Cannon, all above 100 BP.

>hurt durr.

Try again Saikou.

No it's explicitly noted that the firm there us them at full power, if they arent in that form it wouldnt be them at full power.

And? Point is the bp means nothing, or is the literally strongest moves in lore, judgement weak too ?

And what makes you think that "full power" is that much superior to their regular form, outside of a single feat which is closer to a secondary effect of them using their move to create a portal? This burden of proof is made worse by the fact that, again, it hasn't been used against Necrozma despite its constant use against the Player and (according to you) not against the Tapus.

Because the feat in qyestion is only ever performed in the state that is explicitly noted to be them at full power. And portal creation? even nebby can do that, but it doesnt matter, when they do it they use theur signature Move to open the portal anyway, so its still via a use of theur full power.

Nebby can do that accidentally only, due to his lack of control.

You seem to imply that the MFTL+ feat needs their full power to be done, when it's the portal creation that does.

Yeah and if nebby can why go full power to open one.

But yet we never see anything even a billionth of the mftl speed while in base form , only in that form do they achieve it and show it.

Can someone tell me how traveling through a wormhole makes you MTFL? Because all wormholes do (to simplify it) shorten the distance traveled. When Solgaleo "travels" to other worlds he's using the wormholes.

And why's that Kukui?

I may pt a bit of sarcasm here and there But I don't go much further than that.

So explain yourself.

Ryandswagger said:
Can someone tell me how traveling through a wormhole makes you MTFL? Because all wormholes do (to simplify it) shorten the distance traveled. When Solgaleo "travels" to other worlds he's using the wormholes.
This was addressed in the Necrozma upgrade thread. You can dind it there.

Because maybe how you say stuff can potentially rub someone the wrong way and cause issues is all. Especially when towards an admin. You were noted for this happening in the Rayquaza upgrade thread as well.

Only saying you should be careful on how you may something sometimes. Thats all. I don't want anyone getting into trouble or causing it because of something like this. Shedding advice.

I didn't do anything in the Rayquaza upgrade, why because I disagree ? I can disagree all I want, people can have their own opinion. And I'm not gonna blindly agree to something I don't.

And in this case so? The way Saikou said that sounded far more condescending than anything I've said and I called him out on it, I'll do it again too if it happens again. What does being an admin have to do with anything? It isnt a free pass to act as you please. I didnt like it that much so i said so, nothibg wronf with that. He can do the same , if i say something , point it out specfically and ill stop and refrain from doing so again. Im not gonna pull a double standard.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
I didn't do anything in the Rayquaza upgrade, why because I disagree ? I can disagree all I want, people can have their own opinion. And I'm not gonna blindly agree to something I don't.

And in this case so? The way Saikou said that sounded far more condescending than anything I've said and I called him out on it, I'll do it again too if it happens again. What does being an admin have to do with anything? It isnt a free pass to act as you please. I didnt like it that much so i said so, nothibg wronf with that. He can do the same , if i say something , point it out specfically and ill stop and refrain from doing so again. Im not gonna pull a double standard.
Disagreeing with something is perfectly fine, that isnt what I was refering to.

And im pretty sure I never once said "being an admin = talking however you like" either. Im saying because he is an Admin you yourself should not be disrespectful either. While you can disagree, calling an admin out on something isnt the right answer either.

But take it as you will then. Im only saying be careful on how you speak to someone. Whether you decide to follow through with this isnt my decision.

Dropping now.

Then what is , point it out do I know dude.

No you didn't, but you dud just say because he's an Admin? He could be a regular member, i try to treat everyone the same dude. Calling him out? How else will be know if I don't say anything?

Anyway this isnt on topic.

Ya'll really gonna open up my morning with this....

There is no reason to assume Solgaleo nor Lunala went into these phases in battle. Also, just because the Tapus lost means nothing. The game gives no exact time frame. Also, nothing implies Radiant Sun Phase Solgaleo and Lunala are faster than base. They are MFTL+ all around.

And like I said, we cannot assume they were stomped from the endgame lore. And we cannot say they went all out either. It makes no sense however, to assume that for some reason Solgaleo and Lunala didn't use their signature attacks. Also on this thing of signature attacks. Signature moves =/= Strongest Moves. If anything, the Z-Move versions are their strongest moves. They are just a move unique to them. Nothing more.

Anyway, like I said, no timeframe given. I should mention that these guys are noted to be shining.

Lunala vs Tapu
Solgaleo vs Tapu

I'm gonna just cut it short and say, too much guessing on both sides, I'm fine With a possibly Mftl+ but nothing 100%.

Happy birthday.

Back