• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Pokémon Legends: Arceus" Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

Ah yeah. I think I noticed elsewhere, a Twitter link pointing out other species capable of being Alpha Pokemon.

It's a little troubling, & I think it might fill me with a little bit of dread about Pokemon Legends: Arceus's release.

Sorry for any bother, all.

I actually like Dialga's Origin Forme more. Palkia's, not so much....

Hope there's no downgrade revisions cause there isn't anything set in stone to suggest any.

I actually like Dialga's Origin Forme more. Palkia's, not so much....

Hope there's no downgrade revisions cause there isn't anything set in stone to suggest any.
Why would there be downgrades? If anything, this game solidifies the power levels VSB has them at. And possibly also removes the "At least 3-C" from the top tiers, and the "At least 2-B" from the god tiers.

Last edited:
Theirs no evidence that proves 2-A with more certainty then we already have. The only time infinite is mentioned in the game is the same infinite space statement we already have and use.

We have received more evidence about the nature of Arceus.
There are no upgrades, but it solidifies what Arceus has in its profile.

Gotta love the idea of Canon macro/micro fetish art now. That's gonna be soooo cool...

If it's not obvious I'm being sarcastic

But whay is the context of that scan, what are they refering to? The pokeballs? Would that be limited size manipulation?

So what's the story with Giratina? Hell, what's the story with the whole Creation Trio? Did Arceus make them consciously, or did they come about as a result of Arceus becoming "Aware of the world"? Especially Giratina. Was it created by Arceus on purpose, or is it just the shadow that results from Arceus' light?
Also the world coming into existence when Arceus became aware of it sounds less like the world is a part of its imagination and more like 'nothing exists until it is observed'. Which, in thr case of a god is super literal.

So what's the story with Giratina? Hell, what's the story with the whole Creation Trio? Did Arceus make them consciously, or did they come about as a result of Arceus becoming "Aware of the world"? Especially Giratina. Was it created by Arceus on purpose, or is it just the shadow that results from Arceus' light?
Also the world coming into existence when Arceus became aware of it sounds less like the world is a part of its imagination and more like 'nothing exists until it is observed'. Which, in thr case of a god is super literal.
pretty sure they were made as aspects of arceus to control and balance the world, Palkia and Dialga ruling over space-time and Giratina ruling over anti-matter and at the same time being a balancer between space and time

pretty sure they were made as aspects of arceus to control and balance the world, Palkia and Dialga ruling over space-time and Giratina ruling over anti-matter and at the same time being a balancer between space and time
Yeah, that's what we know from the older games. But from Legends, we get someone who believes that Giratina came about as the "Deep shadow" to Arceus' "Intense light"

Yeah, that's what we know from the older games. But from Legends, we get someone who believes that Giratina came about as the "Deep shadow" to Arceus' "Intense light"
The pokedex mentions that the powerful light (aka Arceus) created a deep shadow, not that they were born at the same time or that it was born accidentally.

"There is one Hisuian verse that tells of a powerful light creating a deep shadow. I imagine that this deep shadow is Giratina"

The pokedex mentions that the powerful light (aka Arceus) created a deep shadow, not that they were born at the same time or that it was born accidentally.
Just comes off sounding like the shadow was a byproduct of the light. Bright light results in deep shadow. Less so than the light willed the shadow into existence

Isn't all of that from a poem, that should have less reliability than avtual mythos, and even then, light is simple refering to arceus, it may not be "literal" light from him.

Just comes off sounding like the shadow was a byproduct of the light. Bright light results in deep shadow. Less so than the light willed the shadow into existence
That sounds more like your interpretation honestly (If Arceus did not want Giratina to exist, it would have wiped it out of existence from the very first moment)
Besides I would take that description of Giratina as a grain of salt, considering it's basically a verse written in a poetic way, plus Giratina usually appears as a figure of darkness, so it's normal that people of old called it a shadow.

Also Arceus uses Giratina's abilities when testing the player, so it is difficult to treat Arceus and Giratina as light and shadow.

Now that websites have begun publishing the info, I've been reading the new Pokedex entries for Pokemon Legends: Arceus.
1 that caught my eye:

Rhyhorn: Ludicrously strong—when it butts heads with a mountain, it is the mountain that shatters. But its short legs struggle with turns, and it is incapable of stopping unless it collides with something.

Perhaps Professor Laventon is using hyperbole? Or it's an outlier, considering most first stages don't have feats on this level, & Rhyhorn has always been stupidly strong.

Now that websites have begun publishing the info, I've been reading the new Pokedex entries for Pokemon Legends: Arceus.
1 that caught my eye:

Rhyhorn: Ludicrously strong—when it butts heads with a mountain, it is the mountain that shatters. But its short legs struggle with turns, and it is incapable of stopping unless it collides with something.

Perhaps Professor Laventon is using hyperbole? Or it's an outlier, considering most first stages don't have feats on this level, & Rhyhorn has always been stupidly strong.
Idk but still, it's definitely consistent with him. Rhyhorn can quite literally pulverize a skyscraper so shattering a random mountain doesn't seem far off at this point.
Considering pupitar's entry is likely destroying it and not toppling it that would mean low 7-B pupitar and that is consistent with rhyhorn too...idk what to think atm

Idk but still, it's definitely consistent with him. Rhyhorn can quite literally pulverize a skyscraper so shattering a random mountain doesn't seem far off at this point.
Considering pupitar's entry is likely destroying it and not toppling it that would mean low 7-B pupitar and that is consistent with rhyhorn too...idk what to think atm
Yeah, that's the issue. Rhyhorn scaling to 1st stages, because Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Rhyperior.
I forget, was Rhyhorn's skyscraper feat 8-A or what?

Does it really says shatter, rather than somehing like crack or break, on other translations? Omni man cracking a moutain got 8-A IIRC

Then yeah, probably a outlier, the lowest destruction of a minimal mountain is small city level
Outlier by how many times the 8-A Value we have Pokemon of Rhydon's stage at?
What if Rhydon is just stronger than most first stage Pokemon?

Either way, hopefully someone can get the original Japanese text to check.

Highest i found for first stage is 860 tons

Lowest mountain feat is 1.45 megatons

A gap of 1686x
Wow, lol. Thanks for that info. Guess I'll wait for anyone to see if there's a translation. Maybe it's "flowery language".

In the meantime, I'm just looking over the new Pokedex entries, & compiling the ones I find interesting, & my thoughts on them, into a list. It'll probably be long, but I'm hoping for any discussion. I only brought up Rhyhorn early because tiering is something a lot of people quite readily discuss.

Back