• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon: God Tiers Ability Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, the site even clarifies that the "exceeds time" thing is because he has Time Manip and not because of any sort of Immeasurable Speed

@Wokistan

Except...thats exactly what I was arguing above. Literally. And was told it was ridiculous to do that.

@Kep

The link wasn't the problem, the rating comes from it. It's the bit your arguing that was agreed to be time travel. But anywho, this is the thread . And two more threads I made talking about it where it was agreed. Quoting Kaltias's reply to one of them:

"My thoughts about this:

"Future beyond time" doesn't mean anything.

"Travelling beyond time" sounds like Immeasurable to me. Time Travel is travelling trough time, not beyond it.

"Exceeds time" also seems to imply a movement beyond linear time.

The thing about the forest beyond time could be like the thing about moving outside of space time so idk about that.

I'm fine with immeasurable for whoever scales from this."

Only the bits I highlighted were accepted as Immeasurable speed throughout the 3 threads if im not mistaken (ignore the Unown crap, that was disregarded).

""Travelling beyond time" sounds like Immeasurable to me. Time Travel is travelling trough time, not beyond it."

I don't even understand this logic. We still don't have proof that Dialga physically travels through time rather than just using time abilities.

There's also the fact that this is a website without the actual games, anime, manga, or any actual Pokemon media implying any of it.

>4-D being

>Has the speed travel anywhere in an instant

>Can travel anywhen

Literally textbook immeasurable. So what if Dialga can do it because of its relation to time?

Gargoyle One said:

Okay, the former im going to ignore for the sake of not starting a heated argument and I don't want any trouble coming from this, but the latter is where im drawing the line. Where have I EVER been rude in a pokemon thread here. even once? I literally even apologized to Assault above if I came off as condescending when we talked earlier. If you want to claim I blindily go along with pokemon upgrades here, then go ahead. But saying im ever rude to someone who disagrees with them is downright false and, honestly, insulting. And I seriously take this to heart when I say this when I respect each and every person here equally regardless of what side we pick.

But you know what, if that's how you (and others) really feel about me, then im not even going to try arguing otherwise. Unfollowing this. Whatever is decided is not my concern.

As I said I do not mean to be rude, but this general attitude towards Pokémon by not just Kukui but a lot of people has been bothering me for over a year

If someone wishes to talk to me, don't do it here

Immeasurable is for doing it through movement alone though, as it's a speed. It is far more likely that Dialga does it through it's time powers, given that it's the god of time and all, as there doesn't seem to be an implication that it can do that through sheer speed.

Also, this website uses "beyond time" to refer to normal Time Travel and Time Manipulation. Celebi's entry stating it has power "beyond time" just hammers this point home.

@Everyone

I really did not want to participate in this but.....please, calm down and keep a civil discution without problem and shitsorm

Here we just need:

• The Statemate for Immeasurable Dialga, and if this is already accepted in another thread, someone can post the reason (why it's accepted) and the proof of it in this thread

The only "Shitstorm" was between me and Kukui and he left the thread.

There is no shitstorm and the thread is fine, I should have edited my post a bit but I admit that was a vent.

Anyway, what were the other justifications for immeasurable?

Ignoring the drama that just popped up...

Dialga's clearly not bound by linear time. I think we're all forgetting what exactly Dialga is. Dialga's true form is time in its entirety. An actual 4-D concept. Time's linearity is due to Dialga's heartbeat. Dialga can not only travel backwards and forwards in time, but can send the universe backwards and forwards in time. Dialga not only exists in the past present and future, it exists as the past, present, and future. Heck, the Red Chain is needed to shackle them to Sinnoh.

Couple that with the actual omnipresence on its profile to hammer the point home.

You still need to prove Immeasurable Speed whether he is a 4-D universal god with extra flowery thrown in or not. The actual feat is Infinite.

The "extra flowery thrown in" part was extra and didn't need to be said.

One of Dialga's feats is the same as SMT characters: existing throughout all of time simultaneously. Everything I said for Dialga is what makes Undertale characters immeasurable. Even Palkia freely moves in the gap between spatial dimensions.

>One of Dialga's feats is the same as SMT characters: existing throughout all of time simultaneously

That's not even the reason they're Immeasurable.

The extra flowery thrown in was referring to the game quotes.

Aaand no, that's not why SMT is Immeasurable.

That's their justification for Omnipresence.

They're Immeasurable because they exist beyond time and physics altogether.

I'm getting off topic.

Back to what I was talking about before. Immeasurable is defined as being beyond the flow of time. Dialga completely controls the flow of time which allows it to travel at will through the past and future. The Pokedex has it in that order. How is that not indicative of the definition of immeasurable again? Dialga's clearly unbound by the flow of time, it being completely controlled by him, the linearity meaning nothing to him, the flow of time is his blessing, and is quite literally the past present and future.

> How is that not indicative of the definition of immeasurable again?.

It is Time Travel and shown and stated to be such by multiple sources.

Speed and time hax are usually separate, right?

Doesn't the feat have to be done by speed alone? If he uses time manipulation to achieve it, that just shows his proficiency in the manipulation of time and not necessarily his speed.

@Kep. I repeat word for word what I said above. And the flow of time is all but stated to be Dialga's b*tch. Dialga, again, being time, can decide to not solely move forward. Dialga isn't bound by time because he is it. Dialga not being immeasurable means that Dialga is limited to time, a limitation that it outright defies by existing.

Keep in mind that doing things with time for Dialga is like us doing things with our bodies in real life.

And immeasurability isn't said to have to be done through speed but movement and being a sentient timeline is indeed immeasurable.

I was expecting that.

I said the flow of time is his *****. And because he's time is the reason the flow of time is his *****. Time flows how it does because it's Dialga's blessing. If I said it once, I said it a thousand times. It is his heartbeat. It's outright said that his time travel is due to his control over the flow of time.

The flow of time is Dialga's heartbeat.

A heartbeat is a movement.

Dialga freely travels through time due to free control over the flow of time.

Dialga travels through time due to his heartbeat.

Dialga travels through time with a movement.

Borderline strawman. I've provided several instances of Dialga not being bound by the limitations of the flow of time in the slightest and Dialga's time travel is the icing on the cake.

What even is this infinite speed feat you're talking about anyway?

I agree with Cal by saying him being bound to time is paradoxical to his existence. It would mean something that is the past present and future is bound to whatever point in time it resides in— which is all of them.

It seems Dialga has passive time travel, which sounds like Immeasurable to me...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back