• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then be an adult and don't respond to them, wait for staff to call him out and/or report him. You are not a saint here. You've been warned.
What did I do? I've responded to their points, I wasn't rude at all.
Calling out his spite towards the downgrade is somehow worth a official warning?... Okay then, I will not be acting like that from now on.

A personal observation that I find to be very wrong, given that we know the birth of Palkia (along with the rest of the Creation Trio) was what formed the Pokemon cosmology, which well beyond a single universe
It's a personal observation of the character in question, he made while looking at the night sky, why would it be the multiverse instead of, you know, the night sky?
  1. It's simple. "A sky" means the space that comprises the entire Pokemon cosmology.
  2. "Spans" doesn't mean continuously growing. The word refers to the full extent of something, or how far it reaches
The original raws don't even mention infinity. It uses words like "endless" and "boundless"

It's a personal observation of the character in question, he made while looking at the night sky, why would it be the multiverse instead of, you know, the night sky?
Them looking at the night sky isn't a disqualifying factor because well, we can't physically look at other universes. They're separate space-times
The original raws don't even mention infinity. It uses words like "endless" and "boundless"
These are pretty much synonyms, and the fact that on top of this, the localization uses "infinity," there's some good support here.

There's also this

Them looking at the night sky isn't a disqualifying factor because well, we can't physically look at other universes. They're separate space-times
It's literally just a random artists making a poetry about life while looking at the night sky, are you SERIOUSLY claiming the dude meant the space of other universes WHICH HE MIGHT NOT EVEN KNOW EXIST instead of just the very sky he is looking at? What is this.
These are pretty much synonyms.
Not at all, we treat endless as vague
Sigh... Sure, okay.

It's literally just a random artists making a poetry about life while looking at the night sky, are you SERIOUSLY claiming the dude meant the space of other universes WHICH HE MIGHT NOT EVEN KNOW EXIST instead of just the very sky he is looking at? What is this.
Yes that's exactly what I'm claiming
Not at all, we treat endless as vague
I legit looked in a thesaurus just now and got "infinite" and "boundless" as synonyms of "endless"

I mean, timelines are infinitely bigger than a universe, so wouldn't infinite timelines already be infinitely bigger than the infinite space in each universe?
Space and Time in Pokémon are not opposites but equals, they're treated as a duality rather than your average verse's treatment of space-time.

Yes that's exactly what I'm claiming
That is delusional and an absurdist claim about a non-credible source. Again, very dishonest, and I'm not interested in this BS any longer. Also, you shouldn't just take what's here and make a 2-A thread because you will just be repeating the same arguments that were collectively rejected as full ratings before, thus ignoring the consensus without anything new to the table
I legit looked in a thesaurus just now and got "infinite" and "boundless" as synonyms of "endless"
I don't care, we don't treat "endless" statements as literally infinite, and of course you would, infinite still has a metaphorical meaning.

That is delusional and an absurdist claim about a non-credible source. Again, very dishonest, and I'm not interested in this BS any longer. Also, you shouldn't just take what's here and make a 2-A thread because you will just be repeating the same arguments that were collectively rejected as full ratings before, thus ignoring the consensus without anything new to the table
Rejected from who?
I don't care, we don't treat "endless" statements as literally infinite, and of course you would, infinite still has a metaphorical meaning.
We do actually.

You're gonna act like this and then insist you didn't deserve a warning? Literally chill tf out

Also even if "endless" is vague on its own, the fact that localizations translate it to "infinity" gives support to the idea, just saying

disagree with OP as well, i'm pretty sure we accept the english localization too, something about the director making sure whatever the english translation adds fits the story, i forgot, regardless, lots of this comes from personal interpretation too

honestly the wiki should accept shit like endless, countless and boundless as infinite, it feel arbitrary that we just assume they are limited by the exact things they lack, a CRT for another day i guess

Well here's me saying they should. The fact that it's not is just scrutiny for the sake of scrutiny, being completely honest

These words are literally synonymous
Make a thread about it, otherwise we're not doing it.
Rejected from who?
Past 2-A threads used the same blog, and one thread of yours used the dex entry, both were rejected as full ratings. I don't know the reasoning they did, but you should look for new arguments

Endless can be treated as actually meaning infinite, it just depends on the context. We don't have rules which state words which generally don't mean something can't mean something in any and all context.

I never said I didn't deserve a warning.

You're saying 2+2 = 5, and I'm saying it's absurd and dishonest to just claim that for no reason.
Horrible analogy because of how subjective this all is. Yet despite that, you claim to be objectively correct.

Topaz, can you stop calling everyone delusional, dishonest and absurdist just because they're disagreeing with you?

Next I am reporting you.

Horrible analogy because of how subjective this all is. Yet despite that, you claim to be objectively correct.
It's not subjective at all.

It's one person,
looking at night sky,
referring to the stars of said night sky,
reflecting on life and making poetry.

It's OBJECTIVELY about the sky he is reflecting on, not the multiverse. There's something called "reasonable doubt", yours isn't reasonable at all

I'm pretty there are some 2-B verses that would become 2-A if we treat Endless as Infinite tho
Also, wasn't the entire conversation mistranslated? I'm not sure about this, but I remember it was completely thrown away once someone translated the raws

Homie's malding so hard in discord about Dread that he's confusing two different women with each other, that's crazy.
Stop y'all are not nice...

4yv2ad.png

It's not subjective at all.

It's one person,
looking at night sky,
referring to the stars of said night sky,
reflecting on life and making poetry.

It's OBJECTIVELY about the sky he is reflecting on, not the multiverse. There's something called "reasonable doubt", yours isn't reasonable at all
And guess what? All of the space of the Pokemon cosmology is a "sky." You're not objectively correct as you claim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back