• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon: Gigantamax revision

So i am planning a serious CRT at the moment but before that i wanted to go over this real quick. In fact i believe some people accepted my scaling back when

Currently we do not know how far g-max pokemon scale... Or do we? There's an actual possibility of scaling here.

I present to you:

Ash vs G-max Centiscorch.
The feat is 41 seconds in.

Now this feat is a bit more complex to explain but let's begin.
Centiscorch counters Pikachu's, Dragonite's and Rioulu's attack.
This is a combined attack by all three of them at the same time. So it scales to the combined AP of them all.
Now usually it would be slightly above 3x baseline final evolution pokemon but hear me out.
Let's start with pikachu.

Pikachu countered a combined hyper beam from Ghyrados and Tyranitar. Tyranitar is above base final evo pokemon and Ghyrados scales directly if not above it.
Pikachu is >2x

Dragonite.
Dragonite beat and overpowered a Mega Lucario and took down Iris' Haxorous, Iris being a champion level trainer.
Dragonite is 2x

Riolu.
Now usually we would disregard most feats like these as outliers but Riolu tied with Bea's Grappoloct, a pokemon who not only took down mega lucario but also many final evo pokemon. We either disregard his feat completely or we just scale him to 1x as technically Grappoloct used a strategy to restrain ML and Riolu also used a clever way to take him down (and got helped by pikachu if i remember correctly).

But here's where another factor comes in.
Dragonite used Hurricane, a 2x super effective move against fire types, and Centiscorch used a fire move. Thus the move is most likely 4x base final evo AP.

The attacks clashed perfectly and nullified each other thus they have direct scaling.

Here are the options/results.

Lowlow ball (diregard Riolu and 2x supereffective):
Low ball (disregard only Riolu):
Low ball 2 (disregard only 2x effectivenes):
Mid ball (someone says, for whatever reason, that pikachu's e-net is only 1x as it is a somewhat weaker move despite it being capable of harming Volkner's pokemon, a near champion level trainer and one above Iris):
True ball? (Nothing is diregarded):

Now one might question, why do you think this is consistent?
Here's the answer.
G-max and d-max pokemon have been shown to be superior to normal pokemon to such an extent that even Ash's Pikachu couldn't even scratch them, despite them being normal pokemon. The only pokemon who was shown to be able to withstand their onslaught is Leon's Charizard, who is above all other champions (for now).

Overall, i need your thoughts.
I only want this accepted for now and not applied because of my next CRT.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the number of opponents you beat isn't really a usable multiplier.

Dragonite used Hurricane, a 2x super effective move against fire types, and Centiscorch used a fire move. Thus the move is most likely 4x base final evo AP.
Although I'm not confident how I feel inputting about the power scaling matters, I feel some clarification on the quoted matter may be valuable; I was not aware Flying-type moves were Super-Effective against Fire-type Pokemon.

Still not. You can be a baseline 9-B and yet kill effortlessly at once even 10k Tier 10s.
In this case, it’s not about how many enemies they beat, it’s the quality of the enemies beaten- in this case, Dragonite happens to be an exceptionally powerful Pokemon, and the other Pokemon there are Ash‘s, making them also ridiculously strong. The point being made is identifying just how much stronger these Pokemon are compared to average, and using a Gigantamax mon who beat them easily to scale just how strong Gigantamax is compared to normal.

Although I'm not confident how I feel inputting about the power scaling matters, I feel some clarification on the quoted matter may be valuable; I was not aware Flying-type moves were Super-Effective against Fire-type Pokemon.
They aren't. It's the Bug Type of it that's weak to Flying.

I think people misunderstood the point and I'll clarify it rn.

The attack clashed and nullified the COMBINED attacks from pikachu, dragonite and riolu. I was on mobile and couldn't do a timestamp. I'll add one in a moment

I clarified everything in the header.

The mons shot a combined attack (specifically shown to be all together) and Centiscorch matched that.

Isn't that Gigantamax Centiscorch a really strong one at this point? If these dudes have feats above Megas, then that Centiscorch should be a special one as well.

Last edited:
Isn't that Gigantamax Centiscorch a really strong one at this point? If these dudes have feats above Megas, then that Centiscorch should be a special one as well.
Since when? This was a random ass Centiscorch who belonged to some dude and his daughter. That's all. Centiscorch is a basic final evo pokemon

Not sure about wiki standards, since scaling rules seem to change all the time, but this seems logical to me. Three characters have a beam clash with one guy and they're even. You add the AP of the three characters to get the AP of the one.

Disagree with super effective stuff. It's a bug type attack, not a fire one, but I don't think that matters when it comes to moves clashing, only when it comes to damaging/receiving damage. There's a lot of instances in the anime where this doesn't matter, especially for a type as weirdly defined as the bug type. And even then, I'm doubtful that the super effective 2x multiplier is accepted outside of the games.

I'd be fine with the 4x or 5x multiplier from regular Pokemon. There's already a similar case of upscaling with a G-Max Drednaw no-selling Pikachu's thunderbolt, so it's also pretty consistent.

Also, it wasn't really a combined attack anyway. That move was more a series of rays each countering an opponent move, not a DBZ like clash.

Also, it wasn't really a combined attack anyway. That move was more a series of rays each countering an opponent move, not a DBZ like clash.
No

Ik this is a cringe ass nae nae AMV but at 1:49 and further we see the attack clash and there's both the vacuum wave, e-net and Hurricane combined hitting and barely countering Centiskorch's attack

This reminds me we should make a thread to not make the calcs used for trained Pokémon usable for wild ones as they're trained in all the stats.

This reminds me we should make a thread to not make the calcs used for trained Pokémon usable for wild ones as they're trained in all the stats.
Do that and your cringe. Not every trained pokemon is the max ap beast that nukes all wild pokemon, there's also that one raticate owned by youngster Joey who gets owned and killed while walking in grass

What.

I'm obviously taking base by case stuff. But using feats performed from high level trained Pokémon for wild ones is eeeeh.
I mean we have perfect EV IV lvl 100 wild pokemon. The only thing they lack is stuff like coordination and bonds

Why? Pikachu is clearly shown to be able to 1v1 megas. Pikachu is fodderized by g-maxes. It makes sense
Which Megas exactly? Sawyer's Mega Sceptile and Alain's Base Charizard easily defeated him back in XY

Pikachu also couldn't do anything to Diantha's Base Gardevoir

He also only won against Misty's Mega Gyarados by using his Z Move on her

Which Megas exactly? Sawyer's Mega Sceptile and Alain's Base Charizard easily defeated him back in XY

Pikachu also couldn't do anything to Diantha's Base Gardevoir

He also only won against Misty's Mega Gyarados by using his Z Move on her
1. After this exchange let's just stop derailing

2. Pikachu soloed Mega Lucario and fought evenly with Mega Ghyrados despite literally being in water (Ghyrados had a massive mobility advantage), currently superior to Ash's Dragonite who pretty much solo'd Korrina's team which had a mega Lucario. S&M and post-S&M Pikachu is generally shown as someone who can take down top level pokemon even at a severe disatvantage in abilities (took down Volkner's Electivire who was practically immune to his attacks. They did use a z-move in the end but it was more as a show of strength to Volkner rather than a last ditch attempt at victory. Volkner at that time was superior to Iris, who became a champion and nearly clapped the aforementioned dragonite with ease).

3. I don't quite remember him getting beaten easily by Mega sceptile. When it comes to Alain, Pikachu took down two pseudo legendary pokemon prior to that, a tyranitar and a metagross, he was definitely severely weakened after both fights so him losing to charizard was reasonable as he had barely any energy left to fight

if kukui doesn't come in soon, would it be okay to accept the 5x end?
cause i really wanna move on to the next phase and make the big boy CRT
You'll need to get more approval from knowledgable members and/or staff

Back