• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen V: Sequels in Demand

NeoZex6399 said:
The leak has been practically confirmed.
How so?

@Saikou: And Bunnelby, Metapod. I heard cries of Machop, & we saw a Machoke. Annoyingly, Pikachu is an option.

While they biked on the lake, I think there was an also an Ice-type. I think I saw Vanillish or such, but it was overworld, & I was watching on 160p. Also, I THINK I heard... Snover?

Imaginym said:
NeoZex6399 said:
The leak has been practically confirmed.
How so?
@Saikou: And Bunnelby, Metapod. I heard cries of Machop, & we saw a Machoke. Annoyingly, Pikachu is an option.

While they biked on the lake, I think there was an also an Ice-type. I think I saw Vanillish or such, but it was overworld, & I was watching on 160p. Also, I THINK I heard... Snover?
Did you hear we-jou we-jou?

Something like that?

With any luck, we'll be able to check later if the Treehouse gameplay gets uploaded to Youtube later.

The lack of National Dex in S&M, the Gen I only LGPE... It was all leading up to the fact that they cut like literally half of the roster in S&S.

And of course pieces of shit like Diglett or Geodude will be in the game instead of pokémon like Zekrom, Torterra or Volcarona, simply because they are from Gen 1.

Kanto is a curse.

Reading commentary about the Treehouse on another site:

(About Scorbunny): >lv12 STAB ember wouldn't even OHKO lv7 metapod without rai
Is rain's effect on fire buffed or does Scorbunny have garbage special attack?

Also, trainer had Female Scorbunny & Sobble, Male Grookey. Trainers named Victor & Gloria in Treehouse.

Masuda plays as female trainer, Ohmori plays as male.

"Alright masuda having scorbunny and ohmori having grookey is kinda worrying me." (Likely referring to plushies.)

>Think to myself Steelix Dynamax isn't really doing much, how disappointing
>Forgot about Reflect
>Forgot about Bur
>Forgot about Intimidate

In other words it's doing 17% of the damage it should.

Supposedly, Pokemon Home can only have Pokemon in the Galar Regional Dex transfered to Sword/Shield.

While I'm upset about the news too, ever think that GF caters to Gen 1 because they're the most proud of it, and it made them the household name they are today? I'm assuming many of you are around my age (early 20s) so we missed the biggest portion of Pokemania back then.

I saw a recent JoCat video and started to wonder something. What ''is'' the general guidelines to pokemon designs?

The real cal howard said:
While I'm upset about the news too, ever think that GF caters to Gen 1 because they're the most proud of it, and it made them the household name they are today? I'm assuming many of you are around my age (early 20s) so we missed the biggest portion of Pokemania back then.
Nah im 19 boi.

And honestly I don't blame them for this decision..

"And honestly I don't blame them for this decision.."

You don't blame them for removing, like, nearly half the roster of the games? Despite already having models that they could just update from S&M? For partially destroying one of the reasons why Pokémon is so successful (being able to freely trade and transfer any Pokémon)?

Unless this ended up being a miscommunicaiton or something they'll fix later, this is imo one of the worst decision took by the company in years.

Yeah, it's a terrible decision. God-awful unless it's like G3 and the remakes of the Gen have the rest. Though I think he was referring to G1 pandering.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
The real cal howard said:
Nah im 19 boi.
And honestly I don't blame them for this decision..
How can you even defend this shit lol

It's a complete slap in the face to Pokemon fans and it's overall just a stupid ass decision.

At least Gen 8 competitive will be. Even showdown only allows what's possible in-game. So if half the Pokémon get Thanos'd in-game, they will be Thanos'd in Showdown too.

Does half of the pokemon being Thanos'd mean a quarter of pokemon will disappear >_>

If you guys want me to see the good things in this, is that the Metagame will be more diversified now (Hopefully)

I doubt removing Pokémon will make the meta more diversified. Like people complain about Gen 7 being centralized on the Tapus but have you guys even seen Gen I meta.

> Despite already having models that they could just update from S&M?

Except...they cant just update it from S&M. Thats the problem and thats the reason I dont blame them for this.

It would take another 6-12 months of work to put everything in the game. The reason why the 3DS games had complete Pokédexes was because they had previous templates to get the data from. The Switch is a completely new system, the only template they have is from the Let's Go games, which doesnt have anywhere close to all of the pokemon on the roster IIRC. Besides the LGPE games, S&S is the only Pokemon game for the Switch. Everything else needs to be done from scratch.

Plus...game updates are a thing y'know.

Back