• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen IV: Myth Based, Myth Based Everywhere!!!

Drite77 said:
This could mean that pokémon can see invisible things? Since the anime depicts ES as a visible power
Nah, otherwise everyone and their mother in Pokemon could see invisible moves since humans could see ES being used.

I think it just falls under how Psychic and other psychic moves are treated. We shouldnt be able to "see" telekinesis yet in Pokemon telekinesis is depicted as a glow.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Drite77 said:
This could mean that pokémon can see invisible things? Since the anime depicts ES as a visible power
Nah, otherwise everyone and their mother in Pokemon could see invisible moves since humans could see ES being used.
I think it just falls under how Psychic and other psychic moves are treated. We shouldnt be able to "see" telekinesis yet in Pokemon telekinesis is depicted as a glow.
But shouldn't descriptions from the primary canon of the games be taken with more consideration than the anime depictions where humans react to & identify moves all the time?

Unrelatedly, it's been 88 days since February 27th, 2019. Nearly 3 months since when Galar was announced, & still no new news.

^Technically it indirectly related to your question.

Personally I think the Games should have precedence of the Anime or Manga because the games came first.

So heads up for anyone who isnt watching the Pokemon S/M anime and if you are....well....spoilers I guess.

Rayquaza and Deoxys are set to appear in the latest episode of the S/M anime. Along with Kartana, one of the Ultra Beasts.

I remember Rayquaza coming out from under the ice and firing a point blank Hyper Beam at Deoxys completly obliterating his physical body. I wonder how strong the Hyper Beam had to be to do that.

@NeoZex6399: *internally screams in delight*

I guess now that a quarter of a year has passed, they're ready to start the hype for the next quarter. Heck, they're even bringing up business plans now! (Not literally now, but the 29th may as well be.)

So either they didn't want to spread out the leaks too much, they thought a map, a trailer & 3 Pokemon would be enough, or they just didn't want to risk killing fans with heart attacks from sheer hype.

Drite77 said:
I think that i heard something like that in a pokemon theory about the timeline
Interesting. Its something that Zinnia brought up about parallel worlds and all that in the Delta episode.

Its come across my mind a few times but this is the 1st im asking about it.

The theory is that the Mechanism is that one in Kalos (never played the game, so i don't know the name of it) wich in one timeline created the mega stones and in the other it didn't

I see. Well in the Delta Episode, Zinnia states that her clan the Draconids passed down lore from previous generations about how the Mega Eevolutionn Mechanism causes "distortions in the world".

What would we make of this?

My predictions for this direct. Introduction to the region, explaining a bit of the culture and the relation between Humans and Pokémon on that region. Introduction to the Main Character and likely one or two notable characters (Region professor and Rival mainly). Reveal of Pokémons: Regional Bird, Route 1 Normal Type, Regional Bug, The Two Box Legendaries and possibly one or two more. Showcase of some of the first cities. Introduction of how the trainer progression will work (If it'll be by gyms, a different concept like Trials or some mix of the two). Gameplay with the starters and the other basic Pokémon, showing some of their moves and their personalities. Anyone want to add something they predict / would like to see? I'd love if they revealed the second stages of the starters outright but that's too much, and going by Sun and Moon that will be later on.

Back