• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen IV: Myth Based, Myth Based Everywhere!!!

"We have some further translations from this month's issue of CoroCoro pertaining to the movie. For a while, many have speculated that Armored Mewtwo could be a springboard into new game content. However, with CoroCoro's showcase of Armored Mewtwo, it reconfirms that the armour is designed to surpress Mewtwo's strength, much like the armour in the original movie. In addition to that, it states outright that this appearance of Mewtwo is exclusive to the movie, although it will of course appear in merchandise and other promotional elements for the movie. We'll provide further details on the movie when they come."

https://www.serebii.net/

I feel like I dodged that bullet.

Bananas

Possible Radiation Manipulation for Necrozma?

Ultra Sun: This is its form when it has absorbed overwhelming light energy. It fires laser beams from all over its body.
Ultra Moon: The light pouring out from all over its body affects living things and nature, impacting them in various ways.

I mean, scientifically speaking, emitting light is a form of radiation, but I don't think it counts for Fictional VS Debates.

I see Lockstin & Gnoggin is still going on about that 'It All Comes Together' reboot theory thats been debunked several times already yet he keeps finding ways to say that it could still happen. Now hes saying that because of it, and Necrozma absorbing a sun, plus Arceus being a light deity means Nerzoma could beat Arceus, it couldn't even beat the Creation Trio which Arceus stomped and recreates with little to no effort, also he shows Arceus with thousands of hands yet also mentions that it likely that the Unown are the thousand hands mentioned in the Pokedex.

The real cal howard said:
Dang it, you beat me to it.
TBH, I was surprised it hadn't been posted already; The video's over 21 hours old!

@Everything12: I dunno about L&G's "It All Comes Together" theory, but I'm assuming the thousand arms thing was a product of researcher-animator miscommunication or rule of cool.

Also, given that it starts glowing after crushing Victini, I'm assuming the intended meaning of the scene was Necrozma absorbing Victini's "infinite energy" & ability to always win. But I haven't watched L&G's video yet.

But yeah, lol. Necrozma having a shot against Arceus. Also, Infinite Energy breaks out of time stop? What? How?

Nice video, pretty fun :^)

Stop forcing your theories, Lockstin, you and I know that this shit will be obsolete when the remakes arrive, also, what the ****, M-Ray has more base points than Necrozma, don't **** with me.

did that how stronger necrozma than Arceus?

imagines Expectation Necrozma beats up Arceus without any action.

Reality Arceus summon swarms of hands grab necrozma unit his Snaps erased.

I have a question about the 2-B Pokemon, they have large size, nigh-omnipresence, and avatar creation because their true forms are literally the things they embody and what we fight, capture, and interact with are avatars. Why don't they have a higher form of abstract existence, you literally can't effect their true forms without effecting what they embody?

Dialga and Palkia are directly called time and space, or being of time and space, even is implied in the description of the event of Arceus in HG/SS which are basically time and space. I think it's a possibility. Also capturing or defeating Giratina doesn't affect in any way the Distortion World.

"A Pokémon is said to have shaped this world.
Could that Pokémon be the physical form of the original spirit?
Hmm... The spirit came to be, and from it, time and space were born...
That seems to point to Legendary Dialga, the Pokémon of time, and Palkia, the Pokémon of space...

And they lead back to Arceus, the Pokémon that made them arise."

~Hiker

"Two beings of time and space set free from the Original One."

~Plates

"Legends say that whe Arceus gets on the stage, time, space, and anti-matter mix and create a new world."

"And so Arceus gives birth the god of time Dialga, the god of space Palkia, and the god of anti-matter Giratina."

~Pokémon Mystery Files

Also in the manga it's said that "Dialga's heartbeat" is the flow of time:

Pokemon Special v37 c411 146 neuquant-me

HenryWong122 said:
NeoZex6399 said:
I was expecting a Mortal Kombat reference.
welp guess when Necrozma challenges Arceus be like.

even Arceus we gonna Split Timelines.

Timeline A Necrozma Beats up shit Arceus while his absorbed into Unholy horror Arceus.

Timeline B Arceus summon Thousands of Hands grabs Necroz his Snap Erased.

Really that pokedex entries on Legendary & mythical?

Fun Fact: Despite most people's nostalgia Gen 1 f**king sucks! I mean Nidoking can't learn Dig? and before Yellow Charizard couldn't learn fly? Level up Moves where terrible. Water Gun was a TM? Everything was in black and white. Ghost and Bug didn't have any move with base power above 30 and Dragon's only offensive move did only 40 damage. Thunder Wave + Wrap was broken. The only good thing about Gen One was that if you K.O.ed a Pokemon with Hyper Beam you didn't have to recharge and crits were determined by speed.

All in all Gen 1 REALLY F**KING SUCKS!!!

"The only good thing about Gen One was that if you K.O.ed a Pokemon with Hyper Beam you didn't have to recharge and crits were determined by speed."

Seriously disagree with this. Gen 1, while it has some questionable designs, has some of the most memorable Pokemon of any generation (The Nidos, Lapras, Dragonite, the Starters and Eeveelutions are all fan favourites). Team Rocket is one of the cooler evil teams, Mewtwo is probably the most developed legendary in the series, your rival being the Champion was a great plot-twist of its time, the soundtrack was decent and it set the standards for every game that came after it.

I'm no genwunner, but gen 1 really wasn't that bad.

Aren´t we going to talk about how many glitches the game can make? (Seriosly, you can even edit the RAM of the game to make cheat codes for other games on an actual Game Boy)

GyroNutz said:
"The only good thing about Gen One was that if you K.O.ed a Pokemon with Hyper Beam you didn't have to recharge and crits were determined by speed."
Seriously disagree with this. Gen 1, while it has some questionable designs, has some of the most memorable Pokemon of any generation (The Nidos, Lapras, Dragonite, the Starters and Eeveelutions are all fan favourites). Team Rocket is one of the cooler evil teams, Mewtwo is probably the most developed legendary in the series, your rival being the Champion was a great plot-twist of its time, the soundtrack was decent and it set the standards for every game that came after it.

I'm no genwunner, but gen 1 really wasn't that bad.
Only if you were an idiot. The soundtrack was terrible. In gen one their sprites were terrible. All in all the cons far out weigh the pros.

Ummmmm, the worst gen is kinda hard to determinate, since every gen have a aspect that i like and some that i hate/don't like.

Niarobi (Formerly Hadou) said:
I wouldn't put Gen 1 at the bottom because it had a great anime period.
It had one great season while gen 2 had 3 great seasons. and only the first 5 seasons of Pokemon are any good.

HenryWong122 said:
Niarobi (Formerly Hadou) said:
I wouldn't put Gen 1 at the bottom because it had a great anime period.
It had one great season while gen 2 had 3 great seasons. and only the first 5 seasons of Pokemon are any good.
I disagree, but everyone got their own opinions in the end

I also disagree but to each their own.

Gen 6 and Gen 4 anime were far better series from both a character and story telling standpoint imo.

Back