• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen IV: Myth Based, Myth Based Everywhere!!!

I like monotype, but you need to be aware that it will be times that the matchup will be bad as hell, like Psychic vs Dark, it is honest kinda hard to win against dark with Psychic, unless you build a team for that

Been thinking about making a Ghost-type team, just because I really like the type.

Fortunately I'll only have to worry about one type (since ghost types and normal types will be equally in trouble against me), so I'll have to spam Mimikyu.

Eh, Ghost are not that good in mono, they are not on Ice type level, but they have some niche and are actually really decent, specially against Psy who is a pretty dominat type in high ladder

Yes He is not OP, he is only top tier, overall, every type has a disavantage, Psy gets ****** against Dark and it can be hurt with Ghost. Unless you are steel or water, steel is to hard to pass if you don't have something with a fire type move and that can deal with Heatran, and water is water, always good

Drite77 said:
Klefki is not good in Mono? The guy is hela good in fairy and normally he is part of the meta Fairy team, since Fairy is apparently an S tier type
Maybe I shouldn´t have tried to run offensive Klefki...

My playstyle is far more offensive however.

I actually liked monotype fighting for that reason.

Bobsican said:
Drite77 said:
Klefki is not good in Mono? The guy is hela good in fairy and normally he is part of the meta Fairy team, since Fairy is apparently an S tier type
Maybe I shouldn´t have tried to run offensive Klefki...
You basically run Klefki for Screens, T-Wave, Spikes or Foul Play if you don't want to be walled by taunt users. But i am not your boss, go wild

I mean, you can run anything you want, for example, sometimes, i decide to make UU or lower tiers only mono teams and use them on ladder, right now i only have a poison team that it is UU or lower cause change of PC

Am I the only one that hoped Mega Swampert was going to have the ability Sap Sipper back then?

Honestly, out of the three Hoenn starter Mega-Evolutions, Mega-Swampert has to be my least favorite. At least Sceptile and Blaziken look like they've taken on different forms.

Swampert just looks like he spent too much time flexing in the gym.

Starter Pack said:
Honestly, out of the three Hoenn starter Mega-Evolutions, Mega-Swampert has to be my least favorite. At least Sceptile and Blaziken look like they've taken on different forms.
Swampert just looks like he spent too much time flexing in the gym.
Bu..but...spending too much time flexing in the gym is good for your health :'v

Dziga said:
HenryWong122 said:
Does anybody here play OU?
Gen 7 OU is pretty bad honestly. I heard it's gotten better after Zygarde ban, but I'm still not fan of how the metagame plays.
[gen7ou] We're Back!

Lola Bunny (Lopunny) (F) @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Limber
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Return
- Substitute
- Agility

Hellfire (Charizard) (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Omoiyari (Gardevoir) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Psychic
- Draining Kiss
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Punch

Riley (Lucario) (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Dragon Pulse
- Vacuum Wave

Yin (Gengar) (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb

Ryu Hayabusa (Greninja) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Mega Swampert is already OU by usage, but it wouldn't get much better, and losing Swift Swim would be arguably worse. It suffers from 4 Move Slot Syndrome, Shit Speed outside of rain, Requires too much support to be effective, is walled by quite a lot of things depending on what moves it's using (Celesteela, Ferrothorn, Rotom-W, Skarmory, Tangrowth, Bulu, Fini, Mega-Venu). Honestly I think if it got sap-sipper it would be used as a bulky tank rather than anything offensive.

In mono, Swamp or Mega Swamp is always used as a tank with Rocks, scald, equake and roar. Sap Sipper would make water even more dominant

I´ve actually seen once Sap Sipper Azumarril in mono Water.

Man, Water teams are surprisingly a pain for mono steel (As that´s my favorite type).

M-Swampert on rain has sweeped my team quite a bunch of times.

And I can´t even have Kartana as it´s banned... something that I´ve actually found reliable in Ubers, but I guess that speaks by itself as to why it´s banned.

Azumarill with Sap Sipper is actually a very viable set for Azu in Water mono, maybe even better than Belly Drum, since other Water mons are better with a Z-move than Azumarill

I don't remember the full set, but he uses Whirpool and Perish Song to ko some mons, with HP and Spd investment, the set name is Perish trap or PerishPool

Trapper Azumarill was used a little while in SM OU but people learned about it and it stopped working.

It a good set in mono, since the only things that make Azu useless is Water Absorb and Ghost types. Water Absorb can be taked down with other team mate, Ghost is not runned so much, and the ones with dual types that have ghost, other team mates can take care of them.

Nobody commented on my OU team. I'm Sad :( Also, they need to ban Battle Bond Greninja from OU and put him in Ubers. They also need to put Blaze Blaziken back in OU but leave Speed Boost Blaziken and Mega-Blaziken in Ubers.

Ain't happening, that qualifies as a complex ban (banning combinations of Pokémon + items / abilities), which smogon looks to avoid when possible, because that can lead to some pretty ridiculous situations and double standards as to what combinations should be banned or not. Only very few exceptions happened when there really was no other way such as Endless Clause (for obvious reasons), Drizzle + Swift Swim in gen 5 and Baton Pass Clauses in gen 6, the latter one was changed into a full ban of the Baton Pass move and Smogon deeply regrets the way they handled it previously.

Anyways, by the way, Mesprit is PU

Yes, you readed it right, a 2-B is competitively weaker than Rhydo.

(Ignore the quote, my browser glitched a bit or something)

Also, I think Mesprit´s profile really needs a clean-up.

Back