• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

I guess the art can be used, imo.
It's still an assumption, just as we assume those mines are 9-A, while many mines are just 9-B, or they might even be stronger due to being made with the purpose of dealing damage to super monsters. It may still be an outlier like Marowak being killed by an electric baton in some animation (Origins, I think).
The creator of the card was just an example of the many we can make.
Nonetheless, thanks for helping me go over this.
If anyone else wants to weigh in, I'm not opposed. Just glad to have some good discussion.

Hey , quick question. Why do we rate Unown as Unknown? Shouldn’t they at the very least be comparable to normal non-evolving Pokemon, seeing as how they are one?
IIRC, it's because:
1. We don't know if they created the Unown Dimension or such, or if it's a place they inhabit.
2. Arceus's Legend & cutscenes & movie implies Unown are involved in the performing of Reality Warping. In particular, it lends possibility that they may have been the "1000 arms" Arceus was said to use to shape the universe; But I'm not sure if we have hard verification of that.
3. Adding onto that, creating a universe with a space-time continuum like Arceus did is a 4-D power feat, IIRC. Whether it's 1000 or 10 or a quadrillion, that's still a portion of 4-D power or infinite 3D power. (I forget which.) If Arceus used the Unown to do that, they all scale to a portion of that practically infinite yield.
4. A big part of Unown's lore is they get stronger in large numbers, but we don't know HOW MUCH stronger.
What kind of multiplier it is kind of a big deal.

For all we know, it doubles in power for each Unown or the multiplier is the quantity of Unown (X joules * 10 Unown = ?), or the multiplier is applied every time the quantity increases (X joules * 2 Unown, add 1 Unown, multiply by 3 because there's 3 Unown now, add another multiply by 4 because 4 Unown now, etc.).

For example, 1000 arms right?
Well, what if Unown's power boost from being in a group means 1000 Unown means the multiplier it's 2 to the power of 1000?
(2 is just for example's sake; Multiplying a number to the power of something means multiplying it by itself, so 1 to any power results in 1, lol.)

Well, 2^1000 results in a 302 digit number.
For comparison, most websites I could find will not read out as words numbers with over 200 digits, let alone over 300.
(Luckily, I found a website that's the exception, so if you wanna read the word/name for a number that takes 4,299 characters of text to display, open the spoilers. I dare you.)
ten novenonagintillion seven hundred fifteen octononagintillion and eighty-six septenonagintillion and seventy-one senonagintillion eight hundred and sixty-two quinnonagintillion six hundred and seventy-three quattuornonagintillion two hundred nine trenonagintillion four hundred and eighty-four duononagintillion two hundred fifty unnonagintillion four hundred ninety nonagintillion six hundred novemoctogintillion eighteen octooctogintillion one hundred five septemoctogintillion six hundred fourteen sexoctogintillion and forty-eight quinoctogintillion one hundred seventeen quattuoroctogintillion and fifty-five tresoctogintillion three hundred and thirty-six duooctogintillion and seventy-four unoctogintillion four hundred and thirty-seven octogintillion five hundred three novenseptuagintillion eight hundred and eighty-three octoseptuagintillion seven hundred three septenseptuagintillion five hundred ten seseptuagintillion five hundred eleven quinseptuagintillion two hundred and forty-nine quattuorseptuagintillion three hundred and sixty-one treseptuagintillion two hundred and twenty-four duoseptuagintillion nine hundred and thirty-one unseptuagintillion nine hundred and eighty-three septuagintillion seven hundred and eighty-eight novensexagintillion one hundred and fifty-six octosexagintillion nine hundred and fifty-eight septensexagintillion five hundred and eighty-one sesexagintillion two hundred and seventy-five quinsexagintillion nine hundred and forty-six quattuorsexagintillion seven hundred and twenty-nine tresexagintillion one hundred and seventy-five duosexagintillion five hundred and thirty-one unsexagintillion four hundred and sixty-eight sexagintillion two hundred and fifty-one novenquinquagintillion eight hundred and seventy-one octoquinquagintillion four hundred and fifty-two septenquinquagintillion eight hundred and fifty-six sesquinquagintillion nine hundred and twenty-three quinquinquagintillion one hundred forty quattuorquinquagintillion four hundred and thirty-five tresquinquagintillion nine hundred and eighty-four duoquinquagintillion five hundred and seventy-seven unquinquagintillion five hundred and seventy-four quinquagintillion six hundred and ninety-eight novenquadragintillion five hundred and seventy-four octoquadragintillion eight hundred three septenquadragintillion nine hundred and thirty-four sesquadragintillion five hundred and sixty-seven quindragintillion seven hundred and seventy-four quattuorquadragintillion eight hundred and twenty-four tresquadragintillion two hundred thirty duoquadragintillion nine hundred and eighty-five unquadragintillion four hundred and twenty-one quadragintillion and seventy-four novemtrigintillion six hundred five octotrigintillion and sixty-two septentrigintillion three hundred and seventy-one sextrigintillion one hundred and forty-one quintrigintillion eight hundred and seventy-seven quattuortrigintillion nine hundred and fifty-four tretrigintillion one hundred and eighty-two duotrigintillion one hundred and fifty-three untrigintillion and forty-six trigintillion four hundred and seventy-four novemvigintillion nine hundred and eighty-three octovigintillion five hundred and eighty-one septenvigintillion nine hundred and forty-one sexvigintillion two hundred and sixty-seven quinvigintillion three hundred and ninety-eight quattuorvigintillion seven hundred and sixty-seven trevigintillion five hundred and fifty-nine duovigintillion one hundred and sixty-five unvigintillion five hundred and forty-three vigintillion nine hundred and forty-six novemdecillion and seventy-seven ocodecillion and sixty-two septendecillion nine hundred fourteen sexdecillion five hundred and seventy-one quindecillion one hundred and ninety-six quattuordecillion four hundred and seventy-seven tredecillion six hundred and eighty-six duodecillion five hundred and forty-two undecillion one hundred and sixty-seven decillion six hundred sixty nonillion four hundred and twenty-nine octillion eight hundred and thirty-one septillion six hundred and fifty-two sextillion six hundred and twenty-four quintillion three hundred and eighty-six quadrillion eight hundred and thirty-seven trillion two hundred five billion six hundred and sixty-eight million and sixty-nine thousand three hundred and seventy-six

But wait, what if 1000 Unown means not to the power of 1000, but to the FACTORIAL of 1000?
1000 factorial, written as "1000!"? To do factorial, you multiply by all whole numbers below it. (0 is excluded obviously.)
So, indeed what if Unown being the 1000 arms means that Unown's "powering up in greater numbers" means 1000 Unown results in a multiplier of 1000 factorial?

Well that gets a number that's 2,568 DIGITS LONG.
(& if you were curious, putting the full form of THAT number into words, then putting THAT into a character counter results in a 39,555 character number word/name.)

So yeah. What kind of multiplier the Unown get from being in a group matters a big deal, because the kind of multiplier can make colossal difference.
Not to mention we don't know much of the 4 Dimensional Power the group of Unown have (They were being used by Arceus, so how much influence did Arceus have there?) nor do we know how much of it they can use as individuals.

Hopefully that helps explain things. Pardon the math nerdery, please.

pretending I understood all that
Shouldn’t they at least scale to other Pokemon though? Thats what we do for every other pokemon, at least.

pretending I understood all that
Shouldn’t they at least scale to other Pokemon though? Thats what we do for every other pokemon, at least.
As I kind of explained, it's dubious; Unown have some amount of 4-Dimensional power, supposing they were what Arceus used to create the universe, & isn't any amount of 4-D power above any amount of 3-D power, the latter being what most other Pokemon might have?
I don't quite remember exactly how this 3-D & such stuff all works, though.

Honestly, everyone has been predicting them since this time last year, with the fact we had a DLC break last year making it certain that this year would have the Gen IV remakes instead of an Upgraded SwSh.

Its too early for Gen IX I feel and the DLC is clearly the replacement for the third version, and another break year is likely out of the question. So by process of elimination, it's either Gen IV or Lets Go Johto, and I feel Lets Go continuing is very doubtful.

Description of the Space Globe, interesting at least.

156d309f-9a17-41ec-b794-6ab0d57eb445

I would like to see a dragon/bug type pokemon

CAP 28, aka, Miasmaw really went well, it's a simple slow wallbreaker that abuses Neutralizing Gas to punish pivoting, most notably preventing Regenerator and Natural Cure to work, allowing it to beat Slowbro and Blissey

The remakes would probably have a Giratina episode instead based on ORAS, the other one doesn't make sense though as I'm pretty sure duel packs make a not-insignificant amount of profits for little to no extra work on Game Freak and The Pokémon Company side.

Though I guess they could do an Arceus Episode based on the logic that Rayquaza was a trio master and Deoxys was previously event only like Arceus. Theirs not much past evidence to go off with this after all and Game Freak does like to buck trends; Z, Ultra, Let's Go, and the SwSh DLC.

Back