• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

I have zero expectations so I can never be disappointed.
Forgive my saying so with all this, please, but.... The way you say that makes me concerned.

You say you expect nothing, implying you don't expect to care about anything that may come from such a new release.

But while you may not care about a new release, what of past content?
What if they ruin past stuff you do like with this new release?

As I see it, by expecting nothing, you haven't anticipated an outcome that's worse for you, as opposed to neutral/something you're indifferent for.

It's like saying "Things cannot possibly get any worse!". You done gonna jinx yourself.

But on the bright side, at least bad content can still be indexed.

Big ass leak from the guy who predicted Steve for SSBU (an that his alt skins are Alex, Zombie and Enderman), Byleth for SSBU, Persona 5 Strikers, Dynamax and Raids for SwSh, the themes of both SwSh DLCs (tropical and cold), Persona 5 Strikers, etc and backed by

and
Two games, both Sinnoh based. Brilliant D and Shining P, this year, developed by ILCA not GF, looks 3D Chibi like Let's Go but uses Gameplay of SwSh, and the kicker, Game Freak is making for early 2022 an open-world feudal Sinnoh game set in the ancient past called Legends Arceus.

It seems
ILCA is a Co-Development studio that helped with work on Nier Automata, Dragon Quest XI, Ace Combat 7, and Code Vein

Forgive my saying so with all this, please, but.... The way you say that makes me concerned.

You say you expect nothing, implying you don't expect to care about anything that may come from such a new release.

But while you may not care about a new release, what of past content?
What if they ruin past stuff you do like with this new release?

As I see it, by expecting nothing, you haven't anticipated an outcome that's worse for you, as opposed to neutral/something you're indifferent for.

It's like saying "Things cannot possibly get any worse!". You done gonna jinx yourself.

But on the bright side, at least bad content can still be indexed.
You misinterpret my words.
I do care, I'm just not putting as much stock into this like everyone else, and thus, can't be disappointed. What gets released, gets released. I'm, as you say, indifferent.
Also the idea that you can ruin old stuff by making a new version is such a stupid idea. The original still exists, just play that if you're dissatisfied.

If the leaks are true, I can't wait to see more of that (It's my favorite region alongside Unova after all).

And in reality, they are going to fit well with my Pokémon blogs (Yes, I'm going to do them. in fact if everything goes right, I intend to release my version of a Pokémon Canonicity blog today or tomorrow... If everything goes right).

So if the leaks are true what does this mean about Primary and Secondary canon?
What with Game Freak not working on the remakes and instead Legends?

The leaker basically has a track record in accuracy.
066.jpg

I mean the Imgur alone is proof enough for me that I'd be more surprising if it wasn't at least mostly accurate, the leakers track record is just icing on the cake.

More evidence and screenshots:

GEN 4 REMAKE CONFIRMED! Time for more lore. And now we are finally going to see the Sinnoh Trio in the manga again after 9 or 10 years.

Last edited:
Going to say that I loved the content in the trailers.

Really looking foreword to know more about the games, and gives me even more reasons to finish my projects:whistle:

I'mma throw my hat in the ring. I'm personally conflicted on the Gen 4 Remakes, I'm happy they are a thing but how they look bothers me considering it could had been so much more. I'mma hope they improve on the originals.

Pokemon Legends Arceus though has me interested, I wanna know more about it badly.

I don't really like the style of the remakes, and they seem to be the same as the original games, I could skip them.

Legends is extremely promising, the footages clearly come from some pre-alpha version, the final result could be amazing.
(Also get ready for Tier 1 Arceus).

Remakes all day. And the people who say they won’t buy them, will buy them. It’s what sword and shield taught us.

If the focus is on Arceus then maybe we will meet it in its pocket dimension and have a statement of it being beyond Space-Time? This seems a realistic way to get Tier 1 Pokémon, though I guess it being open world might complicate the going to another plane of existence thing.

Pokemon really about to bounce back to what we expect of it.

I think the Remakes design style is nice. Wasn't the biggest fan at first, but considering the Remakes and Legends are gonna be released essentially back to back it makes sense. Also we need to remember that Remakes tend to be upscaled versions of their orginals, but with new shit added in. So while this is simply a top down 3D Sinnoh, considering GFs track record with Remakes, there will be much more to it. So don't bank on it simply being 3D DP with nothing more to it.

Remakes all day. And the people who say they won’t buy them, will buy them. It’s what sword and shield taught us.
Catch 22 my dude, even if you didn't buy a game folks will simply say "you didn't play the game so your criticism is invalid and misinformed" but I digress.

Either way I'm looking forward to future Pokémon content with cautious optimism with Snap, Gen 4 remakes and Legends all on the way.

Catch 22 my dude, even if you didn't buy a game folks will simply say "you didn't play the game so your criticism is invalid and misinformed" but I digress.

Either way I'm looking forward to future Pokémon content with cautious optimism with Snap, Gen 4 remakes and Legends all on the way.
Those people you just dismiss Since they are obvious fanboys. But the criticism of the game has to be justified.
these games have nothing to criticize yet,

Remakes look great. Snap is an instant cop and LA looks awesome.

There's still the question of this leak for LA though.

1614361227192.jpg

Back