• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

By the way, competitively speaking Crown Tundra added absolutely nothing to the National Dex meta beyond Galarian Zapdos, everything else either unviable (Regieleki and Regidraco hold Electrode level of coverage, G-Articuno is just a worse Sigilyph, G-Moltres doesn't have Roost and so is a worse Mandibuzz, Calyrex is a worse Celebi, or even Exeggutor now that I think about it, the Tapus didn't get any buff as some expected (RIP Expanding Force Lele, Bolt Beak/Rising Voltage Koko, Grassy Glide Bulu, Flip Turn/Roost Fini)) or is going to be banned anytime (Shadow Calyrex), oh, and Dragapult is being finally suspect tested as apparently it decimates offense too easily.

Last edited:
By the way, competitively speaking Crown Tundra added absolutely nothing to the National Dex meta beyond Galarian Zapdos, everything else either unviable (Regieleki and Regidraco hold Electrode level of coverage, G-Articuno is just a worse Sigilyph, G-Moltres doesn't have Roost and so is a worse Mandibuzz, Calyrex is a worse Celebi, the Tapus didn't get any buff as some expected (RIP Expanding Force Lele, Bolt Beak/Rising Voltage Koko, Grassy Glide Bulu, Flip Turn/Roost Fini)) or is going to be banned anytime (Shadow Calyrex), oh, and Dragapult is being finally suspect tested as apparently it decimates offense too easily.
Is there an analysis thread or such where they go over how good/bad, competitively, the DLC's new stuff is? I'd love to read it!

Not yet, the stuff is a bit too new for that, although it won't deviate much from what I've said.

@Starter_Pack I've made a blog post for what I think the PMD Explorers protagonist would be like. You can find it here.
I still think that the scaling chain I created is a bit better, and more consistent with how the game plays out since the couple of specified Pokémon are just a couple of the majority of Pokémon one has to fight.

Also, that profile as a whole is going to need a lot of work, as we're going to have to account for the powers and abilities of every single possible Pokémon the player can be, and will likely have to separate them all via tabbers in the P&A section.

A lack of time, energy, and overall enthusiasm.

20141024598682-b2799c52-me.jpg

Okay, but why did you post it on the forum? Calculations like that are supposed to go into a User Blog on the wiki proper.

Regidrago is my new favorite. Have been shiny hunting it for a while. Think I’m over 700 tries, and I won’t stop anytime soon.

yall so we need more normal pokemon feats or else we have future nerfs on our hands (like for fully evolved pkmn and stuff)

Feats for fully evolved Pokemon? Or for any stage of Pokemon?
fully evolved. Id say we need at least some 7-B feats though 7-A would be way better.
Pretty sure in some anime episode a frosslass and some other pokemon fought and caused a blizzard so bad that the flights of an airport were heavily delayed.
One of the latest anime episodes features ludicolo using rain dance which is visually more expressive than usual.

How will we proceed with the canon CRT? I remember hearing about it in others threads, something about apply/discuss what has been decided in the Canon blog, such as clean the main profiles from stuff related to PMD and other games/sources.
I also remember that Pupitar's feat was recalced as less than 7-A and defog being claimed as unrealiable.
Since the third CRT has been concluded and fully (I suppose) applied, is there someone in charge of open the next? Or are we waiting some time, to get some rest?

sorry to sort of barge in here, but I wanted to ask something- is there a current CRT for Pokemon going on right now, or are you guys still planning it? I was planning on making a CRT on a minor change to PokèBalls (Removing one of their abilities that’s from a one-off statement in a game), but wasn’t sure whether or not there were current CRTs going on.

I'll be honest, I don't know. I don't think the Pheromosa one's still going, but I haven't checked it in a while

This new wave of Legendaries is awesome. I’m currently trying to figure out how to get Regigigas to add to my team of Legendaries. I’ve got the main 3 (Rock, Steel, and Ce), as well as Drago. Always loved the Regis.

Back