• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

Say, do we ever see how Shedninja’s Wonder Guard ability works in a Cutscene/Anime Scene/Manga Scene? I was wondering if the attacks just sort of phase through him, dissipate before reaching him, he Insta-Dodges or what.

The attacks hit it, but they just bounce right off without doing damage.

Also, the Journey's Anime has just reached Eternatus' reveal, and its Eternamax will happen next week. So next week will hopefully be when we can get started on its profile.

Crap, there’s a Journeys anime? I’ve heard of it but never seen it, nor learnt where I could see it. Thought that was over by now.

Journeys is the dub name of Ash's adventure this Generation, the Japanese one is just Pokémon, so it's easier to call it Journeys.

Dang.

I need to get back to watching that. I only just got to Ash getting a Dragonite.

I haven’t made it past the first episode, I thought that one with the guy with the Mega Charizard and flower Pokemon was Journeys ngl

This new wave of Legendaries is awesome. I’m currently trying to figure out how to get Regigigas to add to my team of Legendaries. I’ve got the main 3 (Rock, Steel, and Ce), as well as Drago. Always loved the Regis.
You need all 5 Regis in your party, and regigigas becomes available in a den. you can tell the den apart cause it is surrounded by rocks.

I really can’t blame these people. Pokémon is the god of PIS and CIS. Tho I’m surprised At the severe downplay. I’m certain that palkia and dialga have their individual galaxy level feat in their games, where Cyrus states they created a galaxy for him.

so even with severe downplay, arceus is at the bare minimum galaxy level.

Movie 12 is like a ******* nightmare for arceus. Literally everything PIS happens to him in that movie.

Correction to myself

Arceus actually DOES have a universe level feat in heart gold and soul silver.

he literally recreates the universe to give you a member of the creation trio, one he build from scratch.

Dialga and Palkia have several universe level feats.
I’m talking about in game feats.
I know they have the anime feat where they create a universe, And the feats of destroying space-time when fighting each other. There’s probably more that I can’t remember of the top of my head.

my point is that at the most extreme levels of downplay, they are still galaxy level, just by sheer fact that is what they did individually in the games.

Should there be a profile for the humans as a species? They seem to have some good feats compared to the ones in the real world.

- A mere child can defeat a dreepy, which is multi-city block level in terms of durability.

-They are constantly depicted as being tough enough to survive many attacks from Pokemon. A popular example is Ash getting electrocuted by his Pikachu. The 90's kids would remembr that one TR grunt who survived a hyperbeam from Lances Dragonite.

Mm, no. The most we can do is scale from stuff like this, and even then, most of these are outliers at this point.

Should there be a profile for the humans as a species? They seem to have some good feats compared to the ones in the real world.

- A mere child can defeat a dreepy, which is multi-city block level in terms of durability.

-They are constantly depicted as being tough enough to survive many attacks from Pokemon. A popular example is Ash getting electrocuted by his Pikachu. The 90's kids would remembr that one TR grunt who survived a hyperbeam from Lances Dragonite.
I would say that it only applies to certain trainers. Like ash, for example, tanking countless blasts from pikachu and charizard, tackling down lucario, tanking a riolu's vaccume wave without a scratch, an attack which harmed onix, and more. I've seen some weird article saying that ash lost his crazy strength as in the anime he couldn't roll a log in one of the newer episodes, but literally fast forward a few episodes and he yeets a 2-3 foot boulder over his head like a damned ball.
Team Rocket have tanked like 800 thunderbolts and other 7-A attacks, harmed and fought a tyranitar, even just barely.
Basically some humans are special, some aren't.

On another note, i would like to discuss gigantamax scaling. In the anime, leon and ash are battling off pokemon who are randomly gigantamaxing. Normal pokemon can harm gigantamaxed ones, but barely. A gmax centiscorch was able to overpower a combined attack from ash's pikachu, dragonite and riolu. So in my opinion we should scale gmax pokemon 4x+ above base, so if a pokemon scales, let's say, to 700 megatons, it's gmax form would be 2.8 gigatons.

Yet on another note, TR trio should be buffed cause of gmax meowth and because one of their mechs was able to hold off hits from a double or even triple z-move, around two of which were from fully evolved pokemon if i remember correctly.

Isn’t that an anti-feat for dreepy if anything?
I don't believe it is because then that would mean a ton of other first stage pokemon would be below average human as they could face off with it and still loose. It's a not-anti feat for the human though.

I mean some very weak first stages isn’t a big deal. We have tier 10 and 9 Magikarp and WishiWashi. If he is portrayed more on the level of Nidorans and such in the anime then sure, we can use 8-A.

We already went over that, a CRT was done over the topic and it was deemed best to just scale each case on their own. Humans in this series aren't that far behind Pokémon, there's plenty of cases where a human can keep up even with fully evolved Pokémon in some way. Rating even the strongest trainers as just 9-B at most is bad.

Btw did you guys check out the “Space-Time Manipulation for All Pokemon” thread I made?

I gave a lot of evidence for it and it has major support as of now.

By the way, all Pokémon might acquire the Berserk Mode ability considering this:

84b70ce7-513c-480e-8500-1e9c633c808f

They also hit more and more hard in this state if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Back