• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

Isn't their also that thing where Sheena from the Arceus move can't do her thing on angry Pokémon

Isn't their also that thing where Sheena from the Arceus move can't do her thing on angry Pokémon
Sheenas only been shown to fail at this when it’s one of the creation trio being angry. Like Giratina.

Neither her or Damos were ever shown to have their ability fail against angered Pokémon who weren’t the CT.

I’m talking about in game feats.
I know they have the anime feat where they create a universe, And the feats of destroying space-time when fighting each other. There’s probably more that I can’t remember of the top of my head.

my point is that at the most extreme levels of downplay, they are still galaxy level, just by sheer fact that is what they did individually in the games.
In-game wise, Palkia and Dialga were going to destroy the whole universe and create a new one for Cyrus in Platinum. Giratina showed up and caused enough distortion to the point where it was going to merge + destroy the real and distortion worlds. Even going by what's very explicitly shown and nothing else, the creation trio and Arceus are 2-C.

By the way, all Pokémon might acquire the Berserk Mode ability considering this:

84b70ce7-513c-480e-8500-1e9c633c808f

They also hit more and more hard in this state if I remember correctly.
yeah?

You know, I’m watching Journeys atm, and it’s looking like Goh’s the main character, not Ash. And that’s not a bad thing, just sort of new, as typically Ash’s the main man.

I have to disagree honestly. It just seems that Go is getting a lot of focus which isn’t that much different compared to previous travel companions Ash had.

I’m fine with Ash not being the main character but I don’t want Goh stealing the spotlight. I am not a fan of him.

And cough Goh is a Gary stu* cough

If anyone is to replace Ash, I’d rather it be a brand new character entirely. Either his child if he ever gets there or someone unrelated.

I will admit, so far, he literally catches every Pokémon instantly, with 0 resistance, except on a singular occasion.
Yeah, I've pointing this out a few times. It's so frustrating, and I honestly thought he was going to catch Zapdos at first

That’s my biggest issue with Goh as of now still. He’s literally Red but everything he does is master ball tier.

Only once in a blue moon does Goh actually battle the Pokémon like we’re supposed to and catches them, otherwise it’s just insta catch. For someone who’s whole goal is to catch every Pokémon up to Mew (Arceus forbid if he catches the god tiers and without battling them first), they’re treating that rather poorly.

And because of that it also make me doubtful that Goh would be a main character. What exactly is there to a story for someone who catches next to any Pokémon in under 2 seconds?

Can’t help but notice that Team Rocket seems very shallow as well. They’re suddenly plotless, never use any of their Pokémon and don’t catch any, suddenly relying on some random Pokeball Gacha thing to do something. At least in the last series they’d use Wobuffet for defense when they didn’t have Pokèmon, or at least actively try to catch something.
As someone whose favorite series was Black and White, I’m fairly disappointed in their use as only a Plot device.

Your favorite series is B&W, your arguments invalid

In fairness tho, the Pokémon gacha thing with delibird does actually manage to finally make TR an actual consistent threat this time by using capable Pokémon and given that they’re part of an organization that is supposed to have such large variety of capable mon, I’m more surprised that they didn’t do this already.

So there’s a pro and a con to it (the con being, like you said, not catching their own Pokémon to use).

It just sort of feels out of place. From the past series, despite what Team Rocket does, they’re actually quite capable Pokèmon trainers. James and Jessie on more than one occasion have tamed and caught Pokémon through sheer compassion, especially on James’ side where half the Pokémon he catches end up showing over-affection via unwanted Hugs or other means. The Trio were even better with Pokémon than this in the first anime, where their Pokémon reveal they actually choose to serve them, and refuse to betray the trio even when given the chance- even when they catch them through unjust means.
Maybe this is just me liking Team Rocket, but this iteration of Team Rocket just doesn’t seem like the best.

Ngl, I haven’t read the Manga or other sources much, so Anime Serena’s just the normal Serena. What’s different?

Goh just pulled out 7 Pokémon at once I swear

A Cubone, Scyther, Scorbunny, Swailow (Did I spell that right? Bird guy.), Butterfree, Beedrill, and Dewgong. He may have also pulled out a Fearow, but at the moment of writing this, I’m already past the episode and I don’t recall him ever catching one, so it may have been Wild.
Granted, he didn’t battle with them, but typically Pokemon are just sort of Yeeted away at the count of 7.

Ngl, I haven’t read the Manga or other sources much, so Anime Serena’s just the normal Serena. What’s different?
Unlike her game and manga counterparts, anime Serena’s one thing that solely defines her forever is her 1-sided crush on Ash. Along with her hardly developing as a trainer on top of that.

Just finished Season 2 of journeys. Must say, it was much more fleshed-out than Season 1. The characters seemed to have more depth, and the villains weren’t simply Plot Devices used to cause tension. Liked it a lot more this time around.

On a side note, does anyone know how to do those things on a Profile, with the little sections you can switch between for Powers and Abilities? Something like Vilgax’s profile, where you can click on different sections between variations of him. I never learned how to do that.

You mean a tabber? For Vilgax it just looks like this:

<tabber>
|-|Original Series=
|-|Alien Force/Ultimate Alien=
|-|Omniverse=
|-|Lucubra Vilgax=
|-|Dagonax=
|-|Malgax=
</tabber>

<tabber>
For a secondary tabber within this type of tabber (Like what Vilgax has in the images, you do:
{{#tag:tabber|
{{!}}-{{!}}Pre-Enhancements=
{{!}}-{{!}}Post-Enhancements=
}}
</tabber>

The |-| = and {{!}}-{{!}} = are what separates the different tabs

So the anime episode has aired, and at this point I think we should scale regular Eternatus to Leon's Charizard. In both the games and anime its shown that his base Charizard is able to fight with Eternatus and do significant damage to it.

How high Eternamax Eternatus and the dogs are, I'm not quite sure. As it doesn't have any visual feats from what my inexperience eye can tell and the sub hasn't been released yet.

He lost yeah, but that's only after he fought and weakened it to try and catch it in a ball. In the game its stated he and his team managed to weaken it for the player, while in the anime Charizard alone manages to damage it to the point it enters Enternamax after breaking free from the capture attempt.

aight lads imma say lots of pokemon anime spoilers so be warned

so basically eternatus fought leon's charizard and whooped him the moment he g-maxed
riolu and raboot evolve into lucario and cinderace, cinderace is no longer edgy. there's more proof of ash's aura control.

g-max meowth acts as tr wants him to do after hearing the name of Giovanni.
Raihan asks out Sonia

Ash and Gou use the sword and shield to summon the wolf duo to battle eternamax eternatus.
They catch it together (the ball was too big), it gets registered by gou's pokedex, the pokeball is sealed in a safe owned by magnolia.

Next episode: ash and gou will travel to zero island where they will encounter a talking mewtwo. by the implications, gou doesn't know who mewtwo is but ash seems to know. Part of the episodes name is battle and catch, which means they may catch it. It better be ash who catches it or else i will be hecking sad. Also mewtwo charges a bigass shadow ball.

anyways, there is no subbed version that ik of so don't rely on me too much.

Subs are out, there are zero statements of any potential destructive feats or scaling for either Eternamax or the dogs. So best we have is scaling Eternatus to Leon, no clue about Eternamax or the dogs, best I can think of is an At Least tier based off Dynamax forms?

Best thing we have is the ocean splitting statement. Someone should take the largest and smallest oceans on earth to have a Low ball and a high ball.

i think any feats can only be expected from the manga. for now eternamax eternatus could be placed well above high 7-A due to being superior to g-max pokemon and being able to take away the energy of many of them within an instant. We could also calc the beam that base eternatus shot that g-maxed and d-maxed many pokemon, we could calc the amount of pokemon it g-maxed and then use it as a multiplier, could make eternatus base 6-C.

BTW when are we fixing pikachu and changing 6-C to high 7-A?

It's hilarious tbh, Rose was like: "Eternatus is the ultimate pokémon" yet it's current feats are less impressive than the gen 1 Kanto legendary birds let alone the regis but considering the manga gave two solid tier 4 feats (that backed up the multiple tier 4 lore/statements from other sources) to the Aloha legendaries, I won't count out gen 8 (in terms of AP) just yet (but I won't be holding my breath either).

I have a question. Zekrom and Reshiram’s profiles say that they’re stronger than base Kyurem, and I’m curious as to where that comes from? Kyurem’s Sword dex entry says that its power surpasses the two, but is kept bound.

Dwelling within it is a power even greater than that of Reshiram or Zekrom, but the extreme cold keeps that power bound.

I have a question. Zekrom and Reshiram’s profiles say that they’re stronger than base Kyurem, and I’m curious as to where that comes from? Kyurem’s Sword dex entry says that its power surpasses the two, but is kept bound.

Dwelling within it is a power even greater than that of Reshiram or Zekrom, but the extreme cold keeps that power bound.
Pretty sure that statement literally implies it can’t use that power.

Back