• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pit vs Aya Shameimaru

ArbitraryNumbers

VS Battles
Retired
Face-off between speedy wind-manipulators who fly. Probably could've come up with a better way to compare the two, but whatever.

Speed is equalized on all rounds. Victory by any means necessary. Both in character, but willing to defeat the opponent by all means. Pit cannot seek aid from Palutena by any means.

Render shameimaru aya by liriasky-d7wm2se
250px-Pit SSB4
Round 1: Base Pit.

Pit - 0, Aya - 5

Round 2: Pit has the Sacred Treasures.

Pit - 1, Aya - 4

Round 3: Pit is at his peak.

Pit - 1, Aya - 4

Bonus Round: Speed unequalized. Pit is at his peak and can have Palutena grant him flight whenever he likes.

If you don't specify which round you're placing your votes on, I'm going to assume your vote applies for all rounds.

Round 1: Aya is much stronger than people who fodderize people on his level, so she should take it easily.

I'd say she should take 2 & 3 due to having Flight + Damnaku and Regen.

Bonus is really a blitze for Aya.

Round 1: Pit 0, Aya 1

Round 2: Pit 0, Aya 1

Round 3: Pit 0, Aya 1

Should I give Pit unlimited flight with equalized speed? That would seem to even the odds a bit.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Round 1: Aya is much stronger than people who fodderize people on his level, so she should take it easily.
I'd say she should take 2 & 3 due to having Flight + Damnaku and Regen.

Bonus is really a blitze for Aya.
Yeah, if MFTL+ could applied to fighting speed. Otherwise, Aya would win the remaining match. Her experience, intelligent, ability and wisdom outclassed him, if I'm correct.

Pit actually has experience dealing with Danmaku on a regular basis (it's essentially what his Aerial Battles are), so it's not as much of an advantage as you might think. Not to mention the fact that his Special Attacks are effectively smart bombs that shoot down every single projectile in his vicinity on top of dealing heavy damage to everything in sight.

Pit also has significantly better hax, such as petrification, transmutation, and projectile reflection.

After Round 1, I'm leaning towards pit.

@Rappuza If you think that's bad you haven't seen Touhou Damnaku. I'm not even sure if it's physically possible to dodge for a human shaped opponent.

I'm well aware of how bad Touhou's danmaku gets, I'm just saying that it's not a sure-fire kill against Pit (since unlike Touhou characters, he not only dodges but shoots down enemy projectiles).

Thank you. Thank you for not doing a match with Reimu.

Finally a breathe of fresh air! But yeah what are Pit's haxx? Petrification is the only thing I see and I feel like danmaku may not give Icarus enough time to use it. If it's victory by any means necessary wouldn't that mean that Aya just summons a tornado and spams impossible to dodge danmaku? Since it's not a friendly game?

I'd admitely forgot about the fact that Damnaku are only dodgable by choice. It's true that in a non-spell card rule fight, Aya doesn't have to make it dodgeable.

@COB

1) Can render himself invulnerable, intangible, and invisible for short periods of time.

2) He can turn his opponents into Tempura or Eggplants with legs (Thus allowing him to eat them or pulverize them while they have the equivalent durability and the loss of their powers)

3) He can create a gravity well to trap foes in and keep them from fleeing.

4) He can also create a barrier that reflects all projectiles, effectively turning Aya's danmaku against her.

I'd say the only thing stopping Touhou characters from attacking or shooting down projectiles is either gameplay mechanics or spell card rules. Just like how Link only really uses his Golden Gauntlets to lift things, when there's nothing suggesting that he couldn't punch someone in the face or block attacks with them.

There's also nothing to suggest that it isn't just some magical powers to help amplify lifting strength.

Anyways, going with Pit due to Reppu's reasons.

@Crop @Andy @Core

Do your votes apply for all rounds?

Also, Core, I'm assuming that your vote is on Aya?

@Xanix

Yes, but it's more of a stretch to assume that than simply the gauntlets amplifying his strength. Lifting Strength and Striking Strength go hand in hand.

When you say you agree with Reppu, does that mean your vote applies to only the two latter rounds?

@Arbitrary and Xanix

Would you mind not talking about Link on this thread? You're derailing it.

Hm... maybe going to retract the third round if "peak" is the BFG of the series, though Aya still have a chance if all bet are off (what with the System card in SWR and all that include a time-stopping watch (for a short while though) and a item that give user invincibility for 7 second.). And if most of his power are projectile-base, then Aya's camera would literally capture it into her picture.

You know what, I'm still keeping my vote.

Back