• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Forces of Heaven and Hell in an endless skirmish

Peppersalt43

They/Them
John arrived at the abandoned church, meeting up with Father Garcia
His cigarette was still lit and his rifle is in his car
"Why have you invited me here this time, father?"
"The Lord has warned me of the return of the UNSPEAKABLE planning an assault on the Vatican itself. We both know what consequences may entail from it"
Father Garcia proceeded to open the door to his car, offering the rifle to John
"I will attempt to stop it. However, there may be forces seeking to aid the arrival of the evil prince"
"I will offer whatever services I can give if it means aiding the Lord"
The two arrive at the airport, greeted by a team who had seemingly been waiting for them
"We cannot fight evil on our own. As I said, I required people like you, and I have found them"

In a section at the depths of hell, screams of pain and pleasure could be heard from those who foolishly interact with the lament configuration
The cenobites roamed their labyrinth-like lair, carrying around various instruments of torture to inflict it on their other members or perhaps get them to do the same to them
Their acts of sadomasochism came to a pause when a door opened and their leader arrived
"I have returned from The Entity. She has rewarded me well"
Pinhead pulled out a number of items from his bag, earning the interest from his co-workers
"Behold, the petrified oak!"
His followers were rather uninterested with one of them pointing out the many cactuses they currently have
"And this flashlight, which I can blind myself with"
He then proceeded to flash it in his own eyes and then at the crowd though its temporary nature returned them to their unamused state
"And these bottles of murky reagent"
Pouring the contents of the bottle, smoke poured out though with a tinge of The Entity's presence, now finally earning the interest of the crowd
One of the cenobites asked for a bottle which they proceeded to drink, causing mist to pour out every one of their orifices and wounds, searing their soft flesh and inflicting them with pain all over... Sweet sweet pain
Soon the bored crowd descended into chaos as Murky Reagents are tossed all over and the labyrinth became clouded in mist
As Pinhead smiled at another method of torture, he noticed a presence in the mist
Not of his co-workers, not of The Entity
Something different
Something... UNSPEAKABLE

Rules:
1. 1 character per person and 2 characters per verse. But to prevent bias, I'll have a character on both teams (I usually just lose at the first round anyway)
2. Low to Mid haxes. No insta-kill, passives, or presence obscuring things like AE
3. Nothing tier 3 and above
4. All matches start out with stats unequalized and if impossible, will have stats equalized. After all, holy manip does harm unholy beings who usually have other haxes up their sleeves
5. Depending on how complex your character is, they may get a story on how they joined as well as a pre-fight story on the OP
6. Stereotypically holy or unholy characters only

Father Garcia's Army
1. John Ward (FAITH) @Peppersalt43
2. Isaac (Binding of Isaac) @InfiniteDay
3. Noelle Holiday (Deltarune) @ZillertheBucko Story
4. Ludwig (Bloodborne) @H3110l12345I20 Story
5. DoomSlayer (DOOM) @BEASTHEART880 Story
6. Palutena (Kid Icarus) @koopa3144 Story
7. Ky Kiske (Guilty Gear) @Livinmeme
8. Holy Skydragon, Shangri-La (Puzzle and Dragons) @XitSign

The UNSPEAKABLE's Forces
1. The Cenobite (Dead by Daylight) @Peppersalt43
2. Hyness (Kirbo) @Kflare63 Story
3. Pumpkinhead (Pumpkinhead) @RoTt35 Story
4. Dio (DDtank) @Dragonite007
5. Nacht Faust (Black Clover) @Arnoldstone18 Story
6. Dracula (Netflix Castlevania) @FarerPurple Story
7. Rokurou Rangetsu (Tales of Berseria) @Whiteoak019
8. Judgement (Helltaker) @LaserPrecision Story

Round 1
Match 1
John Ward vs Pumpkinhead
Match 2
Palutena vs Hyness
Match 3
Ludwig vs Dracula
Match 4
Ky Kiske vs Rokurou Rangetsu
Match 5
Noelle Holiday vs Judgement
Match 6
Shangri-La vs The Cenobite
Match 7
DoomSlayer vs Nacht Faust
Match 8
Isaac vs Dio

Round 2
Match 1
John Ward vs Judgement
Match 2
Shangri-La vs Hyness
Match 3
Isaac vs Dracula
Match 4
Ky Kiske vs Nacht Faust

Semifinals
Match 1
Dracula vs Hyness
Match 2
Nacht Faust vs Judgement

Finals
Hyness vs Nacht Faust

Last edited:
3. Noelle Holiday (Deltarune) @ZillertheBucko
At the overworld, Kris had been floating up as Father Garcia chanted the usual exorcism rites, his cross pointed at the human. Their friends watched in the field with fear as a red heart began to pull itself out of their chest, their eyes beginning to glow red. Yet as if pulled back by an invisible force, it went back in, followed by the priest collapsing from exhaustion. The rest of the on-lookers sighed in disappointment. Their friend had been acting strange all this time and they had hoped that maybe this priest can finally get to the bottom of it.

All they have now are questions.

"Is there anything else you can do for them?" Noelle asked, offering a glass of water for Father Garcia.
"No, Hija. I've never seen a demon like that before. In fact, it's almost as if it didn't want to be there either. Something else is holding whatever that entity is in your friend. I don't think I can exorcise it for now" he replied, drinking from the glass.

"Don't you guys have like an entire country for your main headquarters to do your religion stuff?" Berdly pointed out.
"True, it's called Vatican City. However we are experiencing issues. An evil presence is befalling it and I worry that those who come there may not return. If I survive it, I'll come back with whatever knowledge I can gain from its archives and as much support as I can get" the priest explained.

"Wow! That's cool! Can I come?".
"No, hijo! I cannot risk bringing someone weak of faith. At best they will die a gruesome death but at worst? I cannot even speak of their fate".

"Faith? I... I think I can help with that. I remember that weird dream I had. I wore some pure white robes and I had some powers? I just... I just know I can help with this" Noelle cut in, earning Father Garcia's interest.
"Wait, let me just try something" he said before raising his cross at her, causing her whole body to pulsate, emitting yellow light until it finally stopped.

In the end, she found herself in her dark world form, with all the powers she had at that time.

"The Lord has revealed his plan for you, hija" the priest commented.
"Wait, so it wasn't a dream?! It was all real?! Ye-" Berdly cheered before getting punched by Susie, knocking him out instantly.

"Noelle, please don't. You just heard what he said, right?! You can die and that's not even the worst thing that can happen!" she said, standing between Noelle and Father Garcia.
"But that was before! I... I think I can do this. Besides, we can't leave Kris like this, they need help as soon as possible. I can get to the archives and send whatever I find to you all via phone. I'm sure Father Garcia-" the deer replied before being cut off.

"Seriously?! I mean, look at him! He's a priest! Do you know what stereotype is associated with them!?" Susie asked, growing more desperate.
"They do not represent our values and-" the priest said before getting cut off.

"SHUT UP WITH YOUR TWITTER BULLSHIT!" she continued before turning to Noelle "Look, we can find another way. Kris is fine, I think. He can handle that thing inside him. We can't handle you dying on us! Or worse...".
"Oh Susie... I can't just leave them like that. Look, I promise I'll stay away from everything the moment you guys get what you need" the deer replied, trying to comfort her girlfriend before turning to Father Garcia "Are you OK with that, father?".

"That's good enough" he replied.

A few weeks later, Noelle stood alongside her allies at the airport, waiting for the priest to arrive with his last member. She had just been talking to her friends on the phone, interested on the start of her journey.

It was going to be a long one

4. Ludwig (Bloodborne) @H3110l12345I20
Father Garcia sat on his bed, exhaustion setting in. He had spent the whole day making dues with all of his friends and families. Saying one more prayer, he then laid in bed and fell asleep...

As he laid there, he felt something wet under his head, a bright light assaulting his eyes through his eyelids. This discomfort jolted him awake and he found himself in unfamiliar place, sitting next to a lantern. He almost vomited upon seeing his surroundings, piles upon piles of rotting bleeding corpses were present all over the place, the ground flooding with a thin layer of blood. And in front of him was a confessional booth, a person stepping into the confessor's room. Steeling himself up, Father Garcia entered the priest's room to listen to his subject.

"Pray for me, father. For I have sinned" said a deep raspy from the other side.
"What sins have you come to confess?" the priest asked.

"I played a part in my church's demise. I lead the innocent to their deaths and madness in my delusions of good. And now I have killed many more, their bodies laying just outside. I'm trying so hard, father. But I can't fight the scourge for long... I am sorry for these and my past-".

The voice suddenly stopped as the sound of a heavy thud happened outside. Father Garcia quickly stepped out in concern, seeing the truth of the confessor. A monstrous thing with many limbs sticking haphazardly throughout its body, 6 limbs supporting its stance. It had 2 heads, one of which was merely a gaping maw filled with eyes. The other one was an elongated face, seemingly equine in nature though the long black hair, uncanny eyes, and torn robe indicates that it was once human.

"State your name!" the priest instinctively said, raising his cross at the beast.
"Ludwig. My name is Ludwig" he answered in pain.

"Oh... I apologize".
"It is fine. Many have made that mistake because of my body. And soon, I may not have enough strength to remain human in mind".

He pulled out his Holy Moonlight Sword, his demeanor calming down as he gazed at its turquoise light. Father Garcia felt a warm feeling radiate from that sword, a holy relic perhaps?

"I have yet to receive my penance for my sins" Ludwig said.
"Oh, right. For your penance... You will join me to save the church. An evil threatens to destroy its headquarters and I need those of strong faith. The fact that you maintain it through all the trials and tribulations you have faced. Hijo, you are a warrior of The Lord" the priest offerred.

Ludwig found himself at home in the cathedrals of the Vatican. The place had been evacuated and he had been brought into one of the buildings through a holy ceremony. He gazed at his sword one last time before noticing a car screeching at the entrance to the place.

His hunters have arrived and it is time for one final hunt

Back