• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pikachu upgrade to 4-B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobsican

He/Him
This may sound like a crazy outlier at first, but as the profile states it, it doesn´t seem like that.

As we can see in the Notable Attacks/Techniques in his profile:

"10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt: A Z-Move, so far only seen once, when Ash's Electrium-Z temporarily turned into Pikashium-Z. Pikachu jumps up in the air (after a small routine) and fires many powerful multicolored bolts of electricity at the target. This move was strong enough to one-shot Merged Lusamine."

Merged Lusamine is 4-B, so Pikachu should be 4-B via 10 000 000 Thunderbolt.

I think I have to keep this part clear so you don´t simply take it as an outlier:

This is a special move that Pikachu has used only once so far, which means that there are no counterfeats to take it as an outlier, and it would make sence to rate Pikachu with just 4-B AP via this move.

Unless you users agree to just wait for some counterfeat or something is up to you, I´m just here to see what this is exactly rated as and why.

I'm sorry, but what? No. We didn't give Pikachu's move 5-B AP when UB's were 5-B. We are definently not going to do so for 4-B. This is an outlier, simple as that.

But this is different.

The tiering wouldn´t just go as 4-B Pikachu in all his stats, but more like just to AP in that one move only.

As in like:

"At least High 6-C, 4-B via 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt"

Bobsican said:
I think I have to keep this part clear so you don´t simply take it as an outlier:

This is a special move that Pikachu has used only once so far, which means that there are no counterfeats to take it as an outlier, and it would make sence to rate Pikachu with just 4-B AP via this move.
It's literally one attack, and a super powerful attack that's supposed to be higher then anything else.

I'm fine with it.

I mean, it can be an outlier, but we have no reason to just say "lol outlier" when again, it's a super powerful attack that's beyond what he's normally capable of.

Maybe it will become an outlier later, but right now, it's just a special attack.

I´m not saing it can´t be an outlier, but there are no counterfeats that showcase the move as a just slightly more stronger version of the average Z-Move that would just fall as High 6-C.

I suggest to just wait in the anime to see when it´s done again, so we may actually evaluate it properly, instead of just rubbing "outlier" on the move simply because it´s far higher than the rest of his moveset.

DMUA is kind of right. Just calling everything an outlier just for disbelief is wrong. It's like a new form, and we nearly never consider feats done in new forms outlier. For now, I agree.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Just because it's so beyond what he's normally capable of does not mean it is justified at being 4-B. I vehemently disagree with this.
Except

It killed a 4-B

That's plenty of justification

I honestly don't know what to say to you beyond "it's a special and powerful techique". I just don't have any more words to muster.

Agree for disagreement I guess

Also, I just remembered that the Z-moves are supposedly Necrozma's light, and given that Necro is 4-B, it would make sense for something powered up by that to be much stronger, and potentially reach 4-B (on a muuuuch smaller scale, of course).

Where does solar system come from anyway? I'm checking the ultra beasts but I'm just being circled around and around and around.

@DragonSenku

Then it seems very outlierish.

But we can't disregard it just for disbelief. He's powered up by a piece of a 4-B character, defeated an another 4-B, and it doesn't have anti-feats, or actually any other feat at all.

Solar System Pokemon comes from Ultra Necrozma and those who scale below him (UB's, Tapu, Solgaleo and Lunala)

Although Azzy mentioned that he had some issues with said rating.

Im honestly surprised this was worth a highlight at all no offense.....will just say this.

As the person who got the UB's upgraded in the 1st place, the answer is flat out NO.

We've already denied scaling even Perfect Zygarde to the UB's and he has more backing him for this scaling than Pikachu does. If we're not even going to allow other legendaries to scale to this, Pikachu definitely isn't any better and absolutely isn't any exception.

4-B for Pikachu is a flat out outlier, the highlight needs to be removed, and honestly, this thread needs to be closed. Sorry, but only the Gen 7 guys are getting this and trying to add any other pokemon, mon that aren't even legendaries, into this equation will only spell disaster.

Vehemently against this too.

TriforcePower1 said:
Also, I just remembered that the Z-moves are supposedly Necrozma's light, and given that Necro is 4-B, it would make sense for something powered up by that to be much stronger, and potentially reach 4-B (on a muuuuch smaller scale, of course).
Main reason this isn't an outlier outside the fact that it doesn't have anti-feats. Literally the whole argument is argument of disbelief fallacy.

No offense to anyone here but it feels like we haven't actually read the thread

This is one move, one amped up super move, powered by a 4-B, that took out a 4-B. That's it. This isn't 4-B Pikachu, this is Pikachu with a 4-B attack.

I don't see anything wrong with 1 4-B attack, and if it was 5-B, I wouldn't see a problem there either.

The problem with the "4-B powered up" logic is that while it is true Necrozmas light provides Z-Power, there's absolutely no evidence that its powered up any Pokemon to a 4-B extent.

Powered up =/= 4-B. A fraction of 4-B won't be anything close to it, for all we know those fractions of power given to amp up Pikachu are just tid bits of what Necrozma can do.

Not to mention, this logic would literally upgrade every pokemon ever who can perform a Z-Move.

I mean

If every Z move ever can kill 4-Bs, upgrade them.

Yeah, there isn't proof that just "powered by x" means you have the tier of x, but killing something of a tier is basic scaling.

Lets scale every Pokemon who can learn even the weakest ground type move to Tectonic Rage. Why? Because, it is one move with no anti-feats and is far stronger than their natural paygrade.

I love the idea of my Pidgey having a Tier 6 attack via Tectonic Rage thanks to it being able to learn friggen Mud-Slap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back