• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Petition to Promote Thanos

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, I understand the reason he is still 4-B. I understand that the wiki is hesitant to promote Marvel/DC characters due to inconsistencies between writers, that makes complete sense.
However, I think Thanos has shown enough to put him above Solar System level. While most of these are durability feats where Thanos barely survives an attack from far more powerful characters than himself, I think the raw power these characters hold (Many of whom are some degree of Multiversal) should be more than enough to put Thanos at above Solar System. I got these feats from here: 1, 2

Strength:
  • Has repeatedly shown to be far higher than characters like Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer, Adam Warlock, Hulk, Mar-Vell, etc. Has sometimes even one-shot these characters, as well as defeated several of them at once. All of these characters (and far, far, more that Thanos has shown to be far above) are Solar System level.
  • Knocked Galactus off his feat

Durability:
  • He survived a blast from Maker/Kosmos, a Multiverse Level+ character.
  • Tanked several blasts from Odin, who ranges from Low Multiverse Level to Multiverse Level+
  • Survived a massive, 2 light year wide black hole. According to this thread, this black hole would have the mass of 10 Milky Way galaxies.
  • Survived several attacks from a Warrior Madness Thor with the Power Gem. This Thor is obviously far, far, stronger than normal Thor.
  • Survived blasts from Walker. This isn't that strong of a feat if I'm being honest, as Walker is a very obscure character. However, as a death god he should be comparable to Hela, who in turn is comparable to Mephisto and is above Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch. According to the respect thread, Walker has been stated to have destroyed Galaxies.
  • Survived being consumed by Hunger, a being who has consumed entire realities.
  • Absorbed the Heart of the Universe. Something thought to have been impossible. While obviously this doesn't put base Thanos at HoTU level, it is still an impressive feat and should be considered.
  • Tanked a Cosmic Cube blast (Cosmic Cube is Multiversal)
With Shield:
  • Survived a blast from Galactus, albeit barely.
  • Survived a blast from Omega, a character 2x as strong as Galactus.
  • Tanked blasts from Odin even easier
  • Consistently demonstrated that Solar System level characters can do absolutely nothing against his shields (Champion, Silver Surfer)

Other:
  • Has consistently demonstrated that he is respected alongside Cosmic Abstracts and Gods, and by these Abstracts and Gods. While again, this doesn't mean he is equal to these characters, it shows that he should be on a completely different level than Solar System level characters.
  • Odin said "It has been EONS since I have fought such a foe. Even in defeat you are an adversary worth saluting, Thanos of Titan."
  • Is ranked as the "most powerful adversary in this or any other know universe" by the Avengers. And this is saying something, as the Avengers have had characters like Silver Surfer, Hulk, Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Quasar, and Mar-Vell either on their team and allied with it, and have fought several incredibly powerful characters. It is hyperbole, but again, shows that Thanos is on a different level than Solar System level characters.

In conclusion, I think all of these feats, combined with Thanos' general portrayal of strength, should be more than enough to put him above 4-B. At least somewhere between 4-A and 3-A. In my opinion, he should be listed as "Likely 3-A". Maybe I'm biased because Thanos is my favorite character, but even if you downplay all of these feats, I still think he is worth of a promotion. I doesn't seem right to me that Thanos is closer in tier to characters he has repeatedly one-shotted than he is to characters like Odin.

I agree, Thanos and other Marvel/DC Heralds is horribly downplayed on VSBW and its time they need upgrades.

Your not biased, these feats are legit

I agree, Thanos and other Marvel/DC Heralds is horribly downplayed on VSBW and its time they need upgrades.

Your not biased, these feats are legit
I'm happy to hear other people think the same. I tried to get him changed once, but it was shut down almost immediately.

Link of the thread you tried to changed?
The old thread wasn't very detailed apparently. I had remembered it being basically the same as this one, with a bunch of feats listed out and explained. But looking at it now, it was really more of a question as to why he wasn't higher. So to be fair, it was probably shut down because it wasnt a very good post.

I completely agree. I'm going to quite frank, it's not even just the heralds that are downplayed here but Marvel & DC in their totality are underwhelmingly edited. Thanos absolutely deserves this and tbh, most Marvel / DC Heralds deserve an upgrade to Low 2-C to 2-C.

Last edited:
Him casually being able to one shot the likes of Hulk, Thor, Bata Ray Bill and so on doesn't mean much given the 4-B tier is freaking massive! (881.86 billion times going off out Attack Potency page). So Thanos could be thousands/millions of times stronger than Thor and he'd still be 4-B/Solar System level. The Black Hole surviving thing isn't much either considering they ignore conventional durability so it's not related the his Durability rating.

The only feats that you should be using are the one's he's shown against Tier 2 level enemies/objects like Galactus, Odin, Cosmic Cube and so on. Along with the statements from other Tier 2 level enemies. I don't have an issue with Thanos being buffed to tier 2 or possibly tier 2 to be safe if he's got the feats to back it up.

I'll add tags on this thread so more people can see it.

LordGriffin has a point, but then again so does this thread. I'd say "at least 4-B, likely 2-C, possibly 2-A is the best bet for a revised rating, considering Thanos has both a consistent track record against Solar System level characters and seemingly a pretty consistent track record against Low Multiversal to Mutliversal+ characters and weapons, as well.

Surprised people aren't yelling outlier or whatever already, but if ya'll really plan on doing this

Might wanna adress where King Thanos fits in, since he's supposed to be far more powerful than base Thanos.

You can't say that without some evidence
Exactly. There are several feats that point to Thanos being at least Universal, and you can't just dismiss them completely without a rebuttal. If it only happened once or twice, sure, but this is a pretty consistent portrayal of his character across several decades. To me at least, it looks like Thanos supporters have feats and evidence, and downplayers are just like "no".

Even if mods are hesitant to put him at multiversal, I still think "At least 3-A, possibly 2-C" would be the best bet. Hell, you could even do something like what they did for Thor and Silver Surfer: "4-B, 3-A at peak" or something.

You can’t just put him at 3-A without any feats specifically on that level.

I would be in favor of ‘At least 4-B, possibly 2-C’ though.

You can’t just put him at 3-A without any feats specifically on that level.

I would be in favor of ‘At least 4-B, possibly 2-C’ though.
Couldn't you downscale him from 2-C though? Like he isn't quite at 2-C, so we just put him at "At Least 3-A" to be safe? But also, the downscaling from 2-C would be assuming you are lowballing all the Galactus/Odin tier characters to 2-C, so 2-C would actually work as well.

Couldn't you downscale him from 2-C though? Like he isn't quite at 2-C, so we just put him at "At Least 3-A" to be safe? But also, the downscaling from 2-C would be assuming you are lowballing all the Galactus/Odin tier characters to 2-C, so 2-C would actually work as well.
That's not how downscaling works here. We don't just arbitrarily assume tiers.

I don't know. I'm not even sure all of these high-end feats are legitimate so I'll refrain from commenting.

How can we get a mod to see this? I want Thanos' page to either be promoted or to hear reason's why none of these feats are good enough to promote him.

Can u still least post scans? You can contact staff by messaging them on their message walls

Thanos tanked odin blasts with barriers even then odin was breaking them and nearly killed thanos. Odin was not even at full strength against thanos.
Galactus power varies scaling thanos to him is a big no

Thanos tanked odin blasts with barriers even then odin was breaking them and nearly killed thanos. Odin was not even at full strength against thanos.
Galactus power varies scaling thanos to him is a big no
I'm not claiming that Thanos is as strong as Galactus or Odin, I am claiming that because he can survive attacks from them he should be far closer in tier to them than he is already. And considering he has continently shown that he can survive attacks from Multiversal characters (Odin, Galactus, Omega, Kosmos, Hunger, etc.), I see no reason to assume that he should remain Solar System.

I'm not claiming that Thanos is as strong as Galactus or Odin, I am claiming that because he can survive attacks from them he should be far closer in tier to them than he is already. And considering he has continently shown that he can survive attacks from Multiversal characters (Odin, Galactus, Omega, Kosmos, Hunger, etc.), I see no reason to assume that he should remain Solar System.
odin did not hit thanos with full power so he does not scale
Galactus power varies he can be as low as 4B
Scans of thanos surviving blasts from Kosmos

odin did not hit thanos with full power so he does not scale
Galactus power varies he can be as low as 4B
Scans of thanos surviving blasts from Kosmos
1. How do we know he didn't hit Thanos with full power? Odin said "It has been EONS since I have fought such a foe. Even in defeat you are an adversary worth saluting, Thanos of Titan." This clearly implies he put in a lot of effort.
2. Galactus is only 4-B when he is starving. He wasn't starving in this story.
3. Scans: 1, 2, 3, 4

In order to ignore all of these feats, you would have to assume that Odin, Galactus, Omega, Kosmos, and Walker were all holding back. It just seems like you need to use more assumptions and headcanon to argue that he doesn't downscale from these characters.

At best you could get a likely Higher for his rating going by the feats (Which need a bit more context and citations).

Is not scaling gotta take into account other characters that will scale to him. Some of which probably doesn't have even half the strength showings and huge power of the likes of other heavy-hitters (Such as America Chavez).

The biggest issue in comics is the domino effect, you change one character's statistics, you gotta update every character that somehow scales, and all characters that scale to those characters, and so on and so forth until you are back to the main char that caused the effect. What you gain from a domino effect?

Simple, a mess of dominos, figuratively and literally.

If we gonna have Thanos stay at Solar System let’s remove Game Sonic Low Multiversal AP and etc since those are outliners as well.

We need to make a change for the Marvel/DC profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back