• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember discussing this some time ago, and I remember agreeing with the notion that Palaces are universes.

They don't need to be, but given the actual statements behind palaces, everything seems to point to them indeed being so.
I don't agree. I think the statement is just that they reflect the dude's perception of the world and themselves.

If it was just that, it wouldn't mention anything about stuff being outside of the distortion that actually represents their twisted view of the world.

Kinda iffy on Class M LS since I don't recall any PT physically pushing her away or anything like that. Rest seems fine.

Than they would be utterly irrelevant to a discussion about palaces. Yet, they still talk about it.
What are you talking about? The entire Metaverse and the individual palaces are not the same thing. The former is outright stated to be parallel to the Human World several times whereas the later are personal.

I'm talking about the actual scans posted in the OP to justify this, which talk about palaces and the nature of it's distortions. Nothing about the metaverse overall is really brought up, beyond Shido saying that whoever has a palace was banished from Mementos.

And I don't think they're talking about anything that confirms full universal size.
I guess you could say that "world" is an infamously vague word to use and they may just mean the planet instead of the entire universe anyways.

That said, what confirmation is there that the human world is the universe per say?

I agree with Matt too. All the evidence given for those places being universe-sized can more easily be taken as not meaning that, using less speculation and other takes on the meaning of what the characters are saying.

I guess you could say that "world" is an infamously vague word to use and they may just mean the planet instead of the entire universe anyways.
wouldnt that make it a pocket universe? and Im pretty sure palaces aren’t pocket universes

... I am also not sure they aren't that. Which is why I pointed out "World" is a vague word that can mean planet or universe.

It could just not be the entire universe when they refer to "world". I'm asking for proof that world means universe in this case.

Heck, Persona itself makes this distinction with The World and The Universe being treated as two distinct Arcana.

It could just not be the entire universe when they refer to "world". I'm asking for proof that world means universe in this case.

Heck, Persona itself makes this distinction with The World and The Universe being treated as two distinct Arcana.
Yes but Universe and the World don’t even have a difference with Joker who doesn’t even get the world aracana being arguably the strongest

The English language doesn't care. I asked for proof that the human world refers to the entire universe, and your responses thus far have been "It's a universe so obviously it's a universe", despite universe never being mentioned in any of the scans justifying this. It only says world, which can be anything from a planet to a universe, and needs further context for it to be determined.

The English language doesn't care. I asked for proof that the human world refers to the entire universe, and your responses thus far have been "It's a universe so obviously it's a universe", despite universe never being mentioned in any of the scans justifying this. It only says world, which can be anything from a planet to a universe, and needs further context for it to be determined.
Im gonna let another person explain it to you since I don’t have the link to scans and stuff

It halfway feels like I'm the only person here who's read the OP and is considering the specific phrasing in the scans linked

They scale outside the distortion, again, it's a mirror of the real world and everything in it. When the Palace crumbles, you cannot go back it. Not the castle, the entire Palace.

I mean cool but that doesn't do anything to clarify what the real world is in this context. I still have yet to receive proof that the human world refers to the universe specifically, when world has definitions other than that.

The real world meaning the universe. Yusuke says there is a universe in his social link, and once more, multiple characters state that
Palaces are a reflection of the real world (universe). Morgana literally says the whole world is made of Cognition. It doesn't stop it 4-A, because there were cognitive stars in Okumura's Palace, when the initial distortion was a building into a space station. It was also the Palace before Shido's, which has the same thing.

Maki (Persona 1) created a universe based off her own desires as stated by Nanjo, Philemon says that the souls, minds, and desires of humans easily have the power to manipulate & create realities, Maruki says that EVERYONE has a cognitive world (which is essentially just a Palace), and Yusuke follows up this fact saying that they've always existed and no one knows it (but said person).

I mean, that's actually fair enough and I wish I got that like, hours ago but

On that note, aren't Persona 1 and 2 basically entirely separate from the rest, considering the universal reset Tatsuya ended up pulling by the end of 2?

(Milly basically said what I was gonna say, but posting the scans won't hurt)

Often more than not, "world" is synonymous with reality in the Persona verse, or even existence in one instance with Maruki. More often than not, when a character claims they will "affect all of reality" or "mirroring reality", it's often used in the context of the universe. Morgana has also said that the entire world is made up of cognition, and Yusuke has referred to it as the universe.

https://sta.sh/01yc7ui4y5c6 - Reality is used in the context of the universe within the verse by Philemon
- Reality and the world are synonymous, as shown with Lavenza and numerous other characters.
- The whole Maruki bit

I mean, that's actually fair enough and I wish I got that like, hours ago but

On that note, aren't Persona 1 and 2 basically entirely separate from the rest, considering the universal reset Tatsuya ended up pulling by the end of 2?
Persona 1 & 2 is connected to Persona 3 and is said to be in an interview, I'm not sure who started that misconception considering Tatsuya's brother exists in P5.

So what's the consensus right now? I missed out on quite a bit since, as said before, my main Discord account got nuked (so I was no longer in the Persona revision server) and I'm pretty late to this CRT all things considered

Well, depending on what Matt's "Hmm..." means, there's a good chance this will all get approved. I am honest to god hoping that is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back