• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Also (this is going from memory and a quick trip to the wiki) ANBU, especially those that work close to the Kage, are supposed to be immensely strong.

to be fair kidomaru had the terrain advantage vs neji, not to mention his gold skin jutsu countered the gentle fist

I agree that ANBU are sometimes fodder, but Yashamaru was a right hand man of Rasa. Rasa ordered him to attack Gaara with the intent to kill to see if Shukaku will break out, and it did. Rasa then goes on to defeat Shukaku. So Yashamaru should be Jonin level. And I agree with Damage that average Jonin level is not that high, people like Asuma are considered ELITE Jonin, and Kakashi and Guy are kage level.

Metalija said:
I agree that ANBU are sometimes fodder, but Yashamaru was a right hand man of Rasa. Rasa ordered him to attack Gaara with the intent to kill to see if Shukaku will break out, and it did. Rasa then goes on to defeat Shukaku. So Yashamaru should be Jonin level. And I agree with Damage that average Jonin level is not that high, people like Asuma are considered ELITE Jonin, and Kakashi and Guy are kage level.
Eh, I agree with this for the most part.

Metalija said:

U literally make no sense and are basing your assumptions off of nothing.

Right hand men of Minato were literally Special Jonin. What you and Damage are doing is literally head canon.

Rasa defeating Shukaku is a feat for Rasa. Yashamaru plays no role in thst scaling at all.

Secondly ƒñªÔÇìÔÖ鴩ŃñªÔÇìÔÖ鴩ŃñªÔÇìÔÖé´©Å Kakashi and Guy show Kage level feats till mid way through Shippuden ƒñúƒñú😂. Whoever is agreeing with this needs to stop.

This was supposed to be a simple thread literally.

Gaara literally has trouble with chunin level ninja. He doesn't scale to any jonin. And I mean not one Jonin because he hasn't fought any.

> What you and Damage are doing is literally head canon.

What head canon did I state? Kindly don't drag my name into this.

Average Jonin aren't that strong. Based on??? Average Jonin are literally stronger than Special Jonin who can stomp 4 chunins when they are healthy and well rested.

AstralKing7 said:
Metalija said:
U literally make no sense and are basing your assumptions off of nothing.

Right hand men of Minato were literally Special Jonin. What you and Damage are doing is literally head canon.

Rasa defeating Shukaku is a feat for Rasa. Yashamaru plays no role in thst scaling at all.

Secondly ƒñªÔÇìÔÖ鴩ŃñªÔÇìÔÖ鴩ŃñªÔÇìÔÖé´©Å Kakashi and Guy show Kage level feats till mid way through Shippuden ƒñúƒñú😂. Whoever is agreeing with this needs to stop.

This was supposed to be a simple thread literally.

Gaara literally has trouble with chunin level ninja. He doesn't scale to any jonin. And I mean not one Jonin because he hasn't fought any.
You are the one who makes no sense. When did Gaara have trouble with chunnin level ninja? What does Minatos bodyguards being special jonin have to do with Gaara? They are jonin level just like Yashamaru is. And when did I say that Rasa defeating Shukaku means that Yashamaru scales to that in any shape or form? You ignore all the lore in the manga and assume that you need to be some godly ninja in order to be considered jonin level. You are the one who is using headcanon.

Omg do u not realize what special Jonin are? Don't answer that question because it's obvious. Special Jonin<Jonin. Like wth. Did you not wonder why they were called special Jonin??

There isn't any lore surrounding Gaara that puts him at Jonin level normally

In the first place you didn't even understand context. Gaara is the strongest person in the village because he has a damn tailed beast inside him.

Gaara has trouble with Sasuke and Lee and even Naruto who are chunin level ninjas. You didn't even remember what happened in the series.

At this point, wouldn't it be better to give Gaara a "likely/possibly" based on the jonin stuff and his normal tier being compared to the other Genin?

Let's not be dumb, Gaara was getting hurt when No Weights Lee was actually hitting him, the same Lee that's way below 5th Gate Lee. Unless we wanna say Sand Shield wastes a ton of chakra but is cracked by shit below Gaara's durability (which is goddamn dumb) or that the same Lee that was dispersing his sand shield away with his hits is Jonin level, making a lot of other Genin Jonin level (which is even dumber), that's the only option that reconciles both things. Gaara is hurt by both Sasuke and Lee before they ever pull out their trump cards, so unless you wanna scale a good deal of people to this level, is either dropping the scaling to Jonin or putting it as a likely/possibly.

From what I remember rank has no bearing for selected for Anbu.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never heard of a Chunin Anbu.

As seen with Hinoko, they do scout as soon as the Academy if someone is skilled enough to be worth looking into, and we know she appears in Shikamaru Hiden. There's also stuff about rejecting even exceptional individuals if their personalities just don't match what they need as seen with Guy, but this is only mentioned in the anime. Itachi Shinden does note he was exceptional for getting scouted as soon as 11 years old, and that normally the youngest it can go is 13.

Most of Naruto's pals became Chunin around or before becoming 15, and Anbu in specific looks for really skilled people and applies further training. Even if we could say some of them are comparable to chunin, we should be talking about top-of-the-ladder Chunin.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
As seen with Hinoko, they do scout as soon as the Academy if someone is skilled enough to be worth looking into, and we know she appears in Shikamaru Hiden. There's also stuff about rejecting even exceptional individuals if their personalities just don't match what they need as seen with Guy, but this is only mentioned in the anime. Itachi Shinden does note he was exceptional for getting scouted as soon as 11 years old, and that normally the youngest it can go is 13.

Most of Naruto's pals became Chunin around or before becoming 15, and Anbu in specific looks for really skilled people and applies further training. Even if we could say some of them are comparable to chunin, we should be talking about top-of-the-ladder Chunin.
Agreed. Itachi is obviously an exception, and I believe he was Jonin by then anyway.

Astral I am aware that special jonin is a lower rank than jonin but Genma and his buddies were Minatos bodyguards so they could be stronger than some random fodder jonin. And about weightless Lee damaging Gaara, you do realize that not even 5th gate Lee managed to breach through the armor. The only one who made Gaara bleed was Sasuke with chidori, and chidori is a kage level jutsu. After Lee goes unconscious when his limbs got destroyed Gaaras armor completely regenerates in 2 seconds and he walks out of the fight whitout a single scratch.

You do realize Genma and Raido got beat my Sound 4 chunins right??? You say they are stronger than average Jonin which makes no sense because they should have defeated Sound 4 even weakened and tired.

Let's stop derailing this thread and please get back on track

I am not insisting on Gaara being jonin level, i am just saying its possible, if people dissagree then we should just move on and discuss other part 1 scaling.

We still need Wrath to write up a list of proposed changes for all characters affected to make it clear exactly what the scaling chains are supposed to be.

Damage3245 said:
We still need Wrath to write up a list of proposed changes for all characters affected to make it clear exactly what the scaling chains are supposed to be.

I'd preferably like to leave that to WOI

For the record, I just want to note that (And most already Know) Special Jonin are stated to be individuals with overall Chunin level ability except for in 1 category. This isn't headcanon and further exampling of Anbu not always being "Jonin" Level is Sai (Early Shippuden).

TheFinalOrder said:
For the record, I just want to note that (And most already Know) Special Jonin are stated to be individuals with overall Chunin level ability except for in 1 category. This isn't headcanon and further exampling of Anbu not always being "Jonin" Level is Sai (Early Shippuden).
So Special Jonins are specialized Ninjas for one specific purpose?

Dargoo has told me that he is busy but he should be able to post on the thread soon. I would say keep working on the proposed revisions until he has a chance to speak.

I've asked Spino regarding the common values for vaporization of certain materials including soil, and it's one of the things that he'll try and update the table with next time it gets updated.

Back