• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Wrath Of Itachi said:
Do you guys think Pre-Chuunin Exam Naruto should have Low 7-C durability? He was able to survive getting hit by Orochimarus snake summon.
I don't think the snake's tail strike would necessarily be as strong as its lunge.

That's just for support, naruto can take hits from Zabuza as well, I also dont see why we dont scale his ta to his lunge.

Wrath Of Itachi said:
That's just for support, naruto can take hits from Zabuza as well, I also dont see why we dont scale his ta to his lunge.
Same reason why you wouldn't consider a finger flick to be equal to a kick. There's a totally different masses / speeds involved separating the attacks.

Wrath Of Itachi said:
We assume a kick is the same as a punch, this seems like nitpicking to me.
The difference is negligible in the grand scheme of things anyway.

Wrath Of Itachi said:
We assume a kick is the same as a punch, this seems like nitpicking to me.
It's really not. A quick look at the feat shows that it isn't anything close to what the feat that 0-Tails Naruto intercepted.

It's really not. A quick look at the feat shows that it isn't anything close to what the feat that 0-Tails Naruto intercepted.

All I see is Naruto getting hit full force by the snake's tail, going through a large tree, and Sasuke looking concerned. Likening it to a flick doesn't seem fair tbh.

@UchihaSlayer96; not a flick, true. But in terms of body proportions the snake lunge calc uses about 90 meters of the snake's body compared to the tail which is much less, and uses the speed of snake lunging which is much faster than a snake swinging its tail.

The full lunge having more mass makes sense, but why would the speed be different? This isn't exactly a real snake xD.... And the tail swing was drawn in a way to demonstrate and emphasize speed and impact.

Her durability is High 8-C regardless, and Sakura can damage her, so she should still be High 8-C.

She also doesn't have a reason given for her durability. It's pretty sketchy.

We should probably make her Unknown like Sakura.

Obviously, that is what is written there. But that isn't a reason for her scaling.

First of all, we should create a thread to discuss the key changes. And then, make a list of scaling. Just like the speed thread. That's a mess right now

Shikamaru is one of the weaker Genin physically, so I'm sure that's why they originally opted to scale low tier genin off of him. Whether it's legitimate or not, honestly I'm not sure.

M3X said:
First of all, we should create a thread to discuss the key changes. And then, make a list of scaling. Just like the speed thread. That's a mess right now
Definitely a great idea.

Uh I don't see why. What keys need to be revised in the first place? Isn't naruto the only one who needs a key change??? We can all discuss that hear and everyone pretty much agrees

Wrath Of Itachi said:
So should we put this thread on hold until the Keys have been revised?
Maybe just add the suggested key changes and the scaling chain to the OP. I'm pretty sure everyone here agrees on the changes for the most part anyway. Unless you want this thread to be purely for the AP stuff.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Wait, I thought there had been revisions for part one in the past already, not too long ago...

I feel in a weird deja vu.
I've been in this place before!

Higher on the street!

Anyway yeah, even after having seen what Dargoo said, I have to go with Vaporization. Great Fireball Jutsu doesn't even behave like a fireball to my knowledge until later on when it is packed with way bigger and more projectile-like.

As for that Naruto feat with the snake, I am not very convinced with it, but I could be convinced.

As for proper scaling... On the Naruto and Neji thing, Naruto and Neji only properly clash once for real when he uses the Kyuubi jutsu, when Naruto sends his Kunai flying like Neji, they both catch it and then clash on each other. After that is the Rotating Palm versus his full power strike. To put it simply, base Naruto is below Neji. Comparable but very much below, while he's above him with Kyuubi Chakra. Rotating Palm is a mainly defensive move, the reason it dealt so much damage in their last clash, as Tenten explains, is because it pushes back Chakra . Naruto, being the one charging forward, took the Lion's share of the damage. Like cavalry running into a strong shield and getting smacked by the feedback of his own attack. Rotating Palm is still comparable, but is evident a big chunk of the damage was from Naruto's own power and the nature of their clash.

Neji does say later that he's gonna come with the intent to kill unlike before when Naruto gets back up after the 64 hits blocking his chakra. So again, comparable but Naruto a good bit below.

Though I don't doubt people will likely disagree with this.

Edit: All of it got the strike through.... uuuuuuugh.

@LSirLancelot; So.... Kyubi amped Naruto>Neji>>base Naruto right?

Pretty sure that's the conclusion we reached as well I think

Hard no on the tail lashing. No, it is not comparable to the full weight of a massive snake rushing you at full strength with all it's weight. This should be obvious.

As for Rock Lee, even if Gaara didn't take the last hit of his Super Wombo Combo Gate Combo, he took a massive bashing from all the preceding hits. I would put Base Lee way below him, kinda like Naruto with Neji if not more so. The massive increase between gates and the fact Gaara survives, even if totally destroyed, makes no sense to me otherwise.

Naruto has more feats that put his durability above his AP. And Lee is capable of breaking Gaaras sand armor and punching and kicking apart his sand.

Naruto literally gets lethally damaged and only survives to be able to fight because Kyuubi Chakra, the same Kyuubi chakra that regenerated a lung without issue in seconds. Not only was the tail slap way weaker, barely not dying is not a way to scale.

And what are those other feats?

So... Gaara is way more durable than he has AP? I guess we can go with that.

Naruto survives hits from Zabuza, a Leaf Hurricane from Lee, hits from Neji. Gaara took hits from a kurama chakra amp Naruto and I believe he took some hits from CM1 Sasuke.

Back